Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I was barely ever watching under Bruce, so I never got attached to anyone really, Maxi obviously included. That's probably why I'm only a little bit sad about this. Whereas if it were Joelinton going, I'd be completely gutted, seeing his turnaround under Howe and what a cracking bloke he is. Maxi unfortunately hasn't had that chance to shine really, be it through injury or just not favoured enough.

Edited by SiLvOR

Im not sure about replacing ASM with Barnes, would be a small improvement but when were restricted with FFP and need quality in other positions like LB and CB id be tempted to keep him and pie off Barnes.

We already massively overpaid for Gordon with will have impacted us FFP wise

1 minute ago, NUFC said:

Im not sure about replacing ASM with Barnes, would be a small improvement but when were restricted with FFP and need quality in other positions like LB and CB id be tempted to keep him and pie off Barnes.

have you missed the 40ish posts there are explaining how this helps us with ffp like?

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

have you missed the 40ish posts there are explaining how this helps us with ffp like?

I meant we wasted money on Gordon when we didnt need him in Jan.

We are now need to sell ASM to buy Barnes when the difference between them isnt much

17 minutes ago, NUFC said:

If / when he scores 2 goals and gets 6 assists it’s an improvement 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

If / when he scores 2 goals and gets 6 assists it’s an improvement 

So your picking a season where ASM only started 12 games as the benchmark...

40 minutes ago, NUFC said:

I meant we wasted money on Gordon when we didnt need him in Jan.

We are now need to sell ASM to buy Barnes when the difference between them isnt much

"Wasted"

?

I know it’s cliche to point this out, but if he was called Antonio Gordinho, we’d signed him for the same fee from abroad and he’d just won the Player of the Tournament at the U21 Euros our fans would be cock in hand that we’ve got one of the top prospects in world football.

2 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

I was barely ever watching under Bruce, so I never got attached to anyone really, Maxi obviously included. That's probably why I'm only a little bit sad about this. Whereas if it were Joelinton going, I'd be completely gutted, seeing his turnaround under Howe and what a cracking bloke he is. Maxi unfortunately hasn't had that chance to shine really, be it through injury or just not favoured enough.

This is me. I really like ASM as a player, he makes things happen and he's exciting to watch. He was always going to move on at some point, though. Howe's been incredible, give him the players he really wants and let him work.

11 hours ago, patrone said:

Will ASM be remembered the same way the likes of Ginola and Laurent Robert are

Or more the the way of Scott Sellars and Ruel Fox ?‍♂️

Scott Sellars was a superb left winger who was unfortunately blighted by injury who was an effective player in an excellent side.  ASM sits below Sellars in the LW pecking order every time for me.

Fox was a very good player who blew hot & cold.  He was one of my favourites when he was here, though.  

37 minutes ago, christ said:

I know it’s cliche to point this out, but if he was called Antonio Gordinho, we’d signed him for the same fee from abroad and he’d just won the Player of the Tournament at the U21 Euros our fans would be cock in hand that we’ve got one of the top prospects in world football.

Antonioni Geordinio for me! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

4 hours ago, Displayname said:

As someone who wanted him to stay here, I think i will forget him pretty fast. 

His edgy emo instagram posts turned me a little off tbh.

Judging the value of footballers by their Instagram posts? This world is crazy. What if you found out Ginola used to collect stamps or was into carving poetry into wood? Would that’ve turned you off him anarl?

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

from eddie's quotes this morning, i think we've "encouraged" ASM to move on.

It makes sense.

I thought ASMs ambiguous post at the end of the year was one where he wanted to stay, but his gut / info he had told him that he'd be moved on.

I thought at the time it was a "please stick with me I'm trying to be the best I can be, but if I do go, I gave everything, please love me" post :lol:

Edited by BlazeT44

Regards Anthony Gordon, his confidence should be high after the England U21s win, we need to get behind the lad, seems like we could be in danger of writing the kid off - give him a chance.

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

from eddie's quotes this morning, i think we've "encouraged" ASM to move on.

Was never a huge fan of Gordon, even more so having paid £45M for him, but he had a cracking Euros.

To write him off so early, when he came here with ultra low confidence, would be strange.

4 minutes ago, greydos said:

Judging the value of footballers by their Instagram posts? This world is crazy. What if you found out Ginola used to collect stamps or was into carving poetry into wood? Would that’ve turned you off him anarl?

I wouldnt mind either of those things. But yes, the personality of the footballers has a say in what i think of them.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

So your picking a season where ASM only started 12 games as the benchmark...

Totally see your point, but surely the players fitness and availability are (key) factors when considering their value to a club?

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

it helps a little bit but, if spread over 2 or 3 more players, it really only covers a year or so's worth of amortization, no? the rest of it will still need to be made up somehow. we still need massive, massive improvements on the commercial side to continue growing.