Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 hours ago, jigen said:

This is Howe.. Great coach, but you never must built a team on the market following the coach. Chelsea made the same mistake last summer with Tuchel.

Newcastle had a top market last summer, but then spend 45m for an average player as Gordon and now this nonsense. 

'jigen'. Sod off [emoji38]

I'd rather we kept Maxi and bought Barnes but our top-class manager has told us with a heavy heart we will have to trade players and the FFP restrictoins are an impediment to him getting the team built the way he wants - if this has to be the deal, I trust the bloke who works 365 days a year and 12+ hour days preparing our team on 4 fronts. 

3 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Surprised on a few things here, The fact he's being sold, the fee involved and that he's going to Saudi, You would think a team in Europe would fancy him.

It's quite instructive that they don't. It's not that he doesn't bring some flair and ability to give teams a hard time, he clearly does. But he would cost a fair whack, wages would be out of most other teams reach, and his fitness record over his time here has been patchy at best.

Think teams know you can’t carry players anymore. He’s was a luxury fringe player for us, injury prone, and who scored one goal last season. £30m is not small change for teams in Europe. PL sides no to avoid him, because they’ve seen first hand his inconsistency, injury record and how little he had to do with our success last season. 

£30m from SA is a good deal, and the reason we’ve agreed it. Time to move on

Fuck me, just give it a rest man. ASM is being sold, and Barnes is being bought. Life goes on. The pros and cons of both players have been discussed to death, and at this point no one will be changing their opinion until Barnes starts playing. Let’s just get behind Barnes, support the team, and trust the club, eh? You never know, it might just be a whole lot better.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Let’s just get behind Barnes, support the team, and trust the club, eh? 

Oh this thread will rocket if he doesnt score in his first game..

the Barnes one

Edited by nufc123

5 minutes ago, Memphis said:

this video sums it up really well for me - forget the clickbait title, the actual content is really well-thought out. 

Does a good job in most of his videos that lad. Pretty much sums up my feelings on this perfectly.

On 01/08/2019 at 15:23, TRon said:

€18m is a fairly decent wedge to be spending on a winger with allegedly poor end product. We are potentially going to have a front three who are all lightning quick but can't hit a barn door.

Looked on page one And TRon called it... ?

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

In my 40 years of following NUFC he's one of the most overrated players I've encountered in a B&W shirt. The hysteria over this is absolutely mental. The gif below pretty much sums him up. Lots of fluff but not much end product.

Maxi.gif

That looks unplayable to me

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I'd rather we kept Maxi and bought Barnes but our top-class manager has told us with a heavy heart we will have to trade players and the FFP restrictoins are an impediment to him getting the team built the way he wants - if this has to be the deal, I trust the bloke who works 365 days a year and 12+ hour days preparing our team on 4 fronts. 

Don’t you get it - our top class manager and owners whose brought us CL football back and put a spring in so many of our steps hasn’t earned the right to sell one player yet in a lot of our fans eyes.