Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Real shame about his injuries. Had it not been for that he could have gone another level or two higher than what we’ve seen, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.

Still thought a brilliantly entertaining player and character. Pretty much the only thing that made the Bruce era worth watching.

Chucked his career sadly. His perogative of course, but he's nixed any chances of making the French team or really achieving anything noteworthy in football. Good player to watch, but seemingly unable to make professional decisions. Shame.

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Chucked his career sadly. His perogative of course, but he's nixed any chances of making the French team or really achieving anything noteworthy in football. Good player to watch, but seemingly unable to make professional decisions. Shame.

Bit harsh mind

I think we've gave him a gentle nudge. Not as though he had many other offers on the table at the price we wanted....

Just now, jack j said:

Bit harsh mind

I think we've gave him a gentle nudge. Not as though he had many other offers on the table at the price we wanted....

Maybe but I'm sure he could have stayed in Europe, he will have had offers, they got him pretty cheap. Not long ago he wanted to win the Ballon D'or. Now he's basically put paid to his career prospects. He's an explosive player who already accumulates injuries, once age hits him, it's over. 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Maybe but I'm sure he could have stayed in Europe, he will have had offers, they got him pretty cheap. Not long ago he wanted to win the Ballon D'or. Now he's basically put paid to his career prospects. He's an explosive player who already accumulates injuries, once age hits him, it's over. 

He might have had offers

But I don't think anybody else was going to give us the fee we wanted for him.

I think he'd have been happy enough staying here.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

A miss but maybe not as much as previous French wingers I've loved and lost...

Robert

HBA

Ginola

Maxi

And....

Nzogbia

Obertan 

Nzog doesn’t deserve being lumped together with the filth that was Obertan

Just now, jack j said:

He might have had offers

But I don't think anybody else was going to give us the fee we wanted for him.

I think he'd have been happy enough staying here.

We won't ever know ultimately, but my feeling is he would have. I think it's a real shame he's chosen this route. Not that he's alone in it

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I never used to buy the being pushed to leave thing but it clearly does play a part in player's decisions.

Highly inflated wage works for some, too.