Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Based on what rule could the FA possibly block an outgoing transfer?

Fair market value. So they cant block as such.  But they can say that if we were getting 40 million (for the sake of argument) that not all of that would apply to the FFP calc.  Given that this is a transaction between related parties.

Edit so maybe pizza fella was right that it should have been Friday as we were waiting on the PL.  EOW nothing happened and they closed shop for the weekend.  And we just thought fuck them we want Barnes in the US.

(I do have an active imagination.  I also thought the hearse could be to promote a film.   So my speculation matters little)

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

1 minute ago, Tina Tooner said:

Was any European clubs interested? Surely we could have got market value from a European team and avoided this hassle. 

Not at this moment plus the salary on offer won’t be matched by any European team. 

Not sure what the hassle is either mind, the media hysteria or the boring crying from other clubs can just be ignored. 

As long as we are sure that it gets done by the end of the window, can't we spend that money in the mean time? Not a cash flow issue as mentioned before. FFP calculations is not a day to day thing.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

As long as we are sure that it gets done by the end of the window, can't we spend that money in the mean time? Not a cash flow issue as mentioned before. FFP calculations is not a day to day thing.

Yeah we could but the risk of it falling through means it’s not worth it until it’s done. 

We can be pretty sure Livaramento would have been done by now if a few could have been agreed regardless of this transfer. 

I think transfer fees this summer are extremely high and we are having to be patient. I think we’ve quite clear in the fact we will not pay more than we deem a player to be worth. 

Just now, Bally21 said:

I agree they will not block it, but I can't help thinking they are dragging it on just to prevent us getting an incoming player now rather than later.

I absolutely loathe how the premier league have stacked the rules against us but at this point we have nothing to suggest the league is the hold up here. 

If they were, I’m pretty sure we would know about this by now. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I absolutely loathe how the premier league have stacked the rules against us but at this point we have nothing to suggest the league is the hold up here. 

If they were, I’m pretty sure we would know about this by now. 

You're probably right, I just have a bit of an "everyone is against us" outlook at the moment. In some ways we as a club (fans, players, coaching staff, owners, etc) need a bit of an us against them attitude.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

If you look at some other deals they are taking a while to go through.

Yes but we don't apply the same logic and evidence when it comes to our incoming and out going transfers.

Everything must be done NOW 

So, I know it’s been mentioned this and that here but I have no idea what’s been correct and not. Say we this goes through for about 30m? How much leeway does this give us extra? Been on vacay so I haven’t been paying close attention tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

So, I know it’s been mentioned this and that here but I have no idea what’s been correct and not. Say we this goes through for about 30m? How much leeway does this give us extra? Been on vacay so I haven’t been paying close attention tbh. 

Quite a lot according to most people.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Quite a lot according to most people.

I’ve seen figures mentioned between 80-100m. Could it really be this much extra? 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I’ve seen figures mentioned between 80-100m. Could it really be this much extra? 

If so then I would blow it on two top quality permanent signings and a loan (backup CB) 

I’ll try find the tweet on it from a week or so ago.

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

It’s profit*5, so assuming Maxi was still on the books for approx 6.5m at a fee of 30m it would be approx 117.5m, HOWEVER if we were to spend this all at once and assuming we are at the limit of FFP we would then need to make the same profit every year for the next five years (seling other players for considerable profit or through commercial revenue increases) before we could even think about further incomings. So really a better way to think about it is it allows to bring spending forward.

Edited by Unbelievable
Typo and clarification