Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I think he’ll be here next season unless we get a concrete offer which makes financial sense to sell. ‘If’ he can stay fit I actually think he’ll have a good season too but he just struggles to stay fit.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I think selling him would be insane considering the amount of games we have next season and how much it would cost to buy a player at his level.

I’ve seen some comments around cashing in on him or Almiron which at this stage would be a massive backwards step for me.  I don’t doubt we could replace these players as our ambitions grow - but not at this time as far as I’m concerned. 

41 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Strange one. Other than Saudi I’m not seeing who out of the major players there are left to spend big money and need a player in his position. Think he’s here next season.

West Ham? They offer big wages and have an influx of cash. 

9 minutes ago, OptimusSlime said:

I think selling him would be insane considering the amount of games we have next season and how much it would cost to buy a player at his level.

I’ve seen some comments around cashing in on him or Almiron which at this stage would be a massive backwards step for me.  I don’t doubt we could replace these players as our ambitions grow - but not at this time as far as I’m concerned. 

I personally would cash in on him but I do see why people want to keep him as on his day he is great - they just don’t come around enough and I can’t remember him coming off the bench and changing a result around to get a win (probably wrong but I can’t remember) like isak, Wilson or even miggy has.

if we can use the cash to get someone more consistent then personally I would.

I want him to get a proper pre-season into him and for his niggles to dissappear. We could finally see the Maxi we would all love to see i.e. fully fit and doing his bit at defending (albeit not that much… but something)

3 hours ago, Manxst said:

West Ham? They offer big wages and have an influx of cash. 

Looks like they want Barnes to play wide left and he's a much better bet than ASM. I don't know why we don't appear in for him.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Looks like they want Barnes to play wide left and he's a much better bet than ASM. I don't know why we don't appear in for him.

Because Barnes isnt better than ASM, and would command a huge transfer fee and wages

Fully fit St Maximin with Joelinton or Willock as a LCM is great for us. He’ll be unlocked beyond anything we have ever seen if we sign a proper threat to play right wing. For example, if we signed Raphina or Ferran Torres - nobody is tripling up on ASM. 

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Because Barnes isnt better than ASM, and would command a huge transfer fee and wages

Better is subjective, however Barnes' effectiveness compared with ASM is not in doubt, his G/A is way higher to the extent that there is no comparison. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I have a weird feeling that ASM is going to have a great season. 

First time for everything I guess.

I'm a fan, but he's always been too inconsistent or erratic for me.

His recent increase in defensive effort and releasing the ball better (thanks to coaching and his willingness to listen/learn) has certainly been an improvement but I'm far from convinced he can even make it at the top despite his skill and flair.

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

‘Work in silence, they will know soon’.

For anyone wondering what he’s just posted. 

Bloke wants to look at himself. He's got the talent, but just seems like another Ben Arfa in terms of attitude. Personally I think it's got to the stage where he's offloaded. This with his injury record makes it a no brainer, again imo. 

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Bloke wants to look at himself. He's got the talent, but just seems like another Ben Arfa in terms of attitude. Personally I think it's got to the stage where he's offloaded. This with his injury record makes it a no brainer, again imo. 

What's he done to deserve the bad attitude label?

I think last year he was unlucky with injuries, but he still contributed and looked great at times. He tore City/Kyle Walker a new one in the home game. His volley against Wolves was unreal. I don't want to lose anyone with quality just yet, but if next season is injury plagued like the last one I'd then believe moving him on maybe best for everyone.

Rotation and more games with a better squad could lead to much better season for ASM.

Edited by hakka