Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

There’s a team of leading industry professionals negotiating our transfers and yet people on here know better about what we should be getting for our players.

Howay man. 

This isn’t Charnley getting his pants pulled down cos he’s an overpromoted tea boy.

If we got £25m for him that’s cos it was the best deal for all parties. And an indication of his true market value .

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

There’s a team of leading industry professionals negotiating our transfers and yet people on here know better about what we should be getting for our players.

Howay man. 

This isn’t Charnley getting his pants pulled down cos he’s an overpromoted tea boy.

If we got £25m for him that’s cos it was the best deal for all parties. And an indication of his true market value .

You don't have to think you know better to look at the fee for ASM and think it's shite. One has nothing to do with the other.

47 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

The fee is a head scratcher. I can’t believe we couldn’t have got away with a higher fee considering what other players have gone for recently.

Fee is well below market value for me.  

Other than the free agents (who obviously got huge signing on fees undoubtedly) it's the most undervalued of all the moves to Saudi League this summer in terms of transfer fee IMO. 

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, duo said:

Fee is well below market value for me.  

Haha, the fee IS market value ffs. That's all they were prepared to pay. No one else was and we accepted 

The very definition of market value. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Haha, the fee IS market value ffs. That's all they were prepared to pay. No one else was and we accepted 

The very definition of market value. 

..and you know that...how?

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You don't have to think you know better to look at the fee for ASM and think it's shite. One has nothing to do with the other.

Do you think there were other clubs willing to pay more ?

Or we should have kept him as an unwanted squad player and not banked the £25 million ?

I might think my house is worth £25 million but if no-one is willing to pay it then it isn’t.

Thats how market value works. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Juve it’s just had their season wrecked by inflating transfer fees.

I get players like Malcom went for €60m but at the end of the day they are being bought from clubs who aren’t owned by PIF.

Regardless of whether it’s his true market value, if their interest is genuine and not just a favour to us, because of who our majority shareholder is there will always be questions of conflict of interests. 

The club has worked extremely hard to rebuild itself and has achieved great things in a short space of time. They do not want the shine taken off that by an investigation or punishment. 

Don't usually get wrapped up in fees because what the fuck do I know, but I thought we'd get at least £40M for him and people would find it hard to argue after the Neves move.

He's apparently gone for less than Jota from Celtic did. :lol:

But maybe PIF and the rest are comfortable that they'll be able to get sufficient funding into the club regardless of the fee here.

That's a shocking fee with everything considered. Today's market is absolutely mental and we've sold him to a league that are willing to pay one person 1 billion for a year. 

Same owners or not, you have to get at least £30m.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Maybe but at that price?

It depends on the motivation for selling him.

I like to think he'd fetch at least £30 million, but he's an injury prone winger with average numbers, no international caps, no exposure to European football and they faced very little competition for his signature. 

He's been a great servant and I wish him all the best, but he was never going to fetch £40 million.

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

That's a shocking fee with everything considered. Today's market is absolutely mental and we've sold him to a league that are willing to pay one person 1 billion for a year. 

Same owners or not, you have to get at least £30m.

Sack the transfer team.

They’re clearly shit at their jobs.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Do you think there were other clubs willing to pay more ?

Or we should have kept him as an unwanted squad player ?

I might think my house is worth £25 million but if no-one is willing to pay it then it isn’t.

Thats how market value works. 

We're owned by the people paying for a start. Other clubs wanting him is irrelevant really, there are countless examples of players being sold and the fee being based on what the seller and buyer are willing to sell/buy for, without any other club being in the picture. 

It's not unreasonable to say that the fee is a joke comparatively.

My gut feeling is that we're deliberately undervaluing as part of showing how squeaky clean we're being with FFP, for whatever reason.