Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

• 3 months later...

One of the few ex-players I want to see do well. He had character on and off the pitch, and those videos of him buying stuff for the kids at toy shops and stuff is class. You could argue it was done to improve his 'BRAND', but whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Mourinho is the worst manager for him :lol:

He'll just give him a free role behind a big lump of a striker 

Says a lot about ASM and money that he’s not doing the 2yr tax free grift that I’m led to believe is how it works in Saudi. Unless they’ve found a loophole.

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

Says a lot about ASM and money that he’s not doing the 2yr tax free grift that I’m led to believe is how it works in Saudi. Unless they’ve found a loophole.

Do you mean gratuity? McCormick will correct me for Saudi specific laws but that’s essentially the ME version of pension which kicks in after 2 years and is given at end of service for normal folks. No idea how it would work for footballers. The end of service payment would be astronomical.

He won’t be paying tax at all whilst there if that’s what you mean.

I imagine it’d be the same for footballers under Saudi labor law. 1-5 years you’re entitled to half your monthly salary as an entitlement then 5+ it’d be the full gratuity. 

4 hours ago, Fatwax said:

Do you mean gratuity? McCormick will correct me for Saudi specific laws but that’s essentially the ME version of pension which kicks in after 2 years and is given at end of service for normal folks. No idea how it would work for footballers. The end of service payment would be astronomical.

He won’t be paying tax at all whilst there if that’s what you mean.

Not sure what it’s called but got the impression if you did a 2yr+ stint you got a lot of tax relief but if your stint was any shorter you were hit with a lot of tax if returning back to the UK. 

Seem to recall it hitting Jordan Henderson (?) hence he went to Ajax as it saved him a heavy tax bill (?). Maybe it applies to Turkey for ASM.

Maybe I’m just talking rubbish also 😆

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not sure what it’s called but got the impression if you did a 2yr+ stint you got a lot of tax relief but if your stint was any shorter you were hit with a lot of tax if returning back to the UK. 

Seem to recall it hitting Jordan Henderson (?) hence he went to Ajax as it saved him a heavy tax bill (?). Maybe it applies to Turkey for ASM.

Maybe I’m just talking rubbish also 😆

You can’t just assume Henderson didn’t return to the UK for tax reasons. Also, totally unfair on ASM given he’s not British to be begin with. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

You can’t just assume Henderson didn’t return to the UK for tax reasons. Also, totally unfair on ASM given he’s not British to be begin with. 

It was talked about in the media regards Henderson.

Not sure what you are talking about or point is regarding ASM.

Just now, LFEE said:

It was talked about in the media regards Henderson.

Not sure what you are talking about or point is regarding ASM.

You made reference to ASM in your post. The rule your referring to relates to UK tax law. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

You made reference to ASM in your post. The rule you’re referring to relates to UK tax law. 

Yes but how was I being unfair? Quite the opposite.