Emil Krafth

Nobody

Based on his transfer fee, age and assume modest wage I can see why we offered a year we simply don't have the budget to overhaul the squad to the level it needs to down to the 3rd choice levels.  In theory he can play more than one position and doesn't seem mad warming the bench if 1st and second choice are fit. 

However the theory goes out the window when you try and rely upon 3rd choice to start games. He was poor today.

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Personally I wouldn't have given him another contract. We really need to get rid of the average/poor players who are still in the squad.

100% this. It is costing us points, and ultimately might cost us Europe.

thought he was fine and I think people should probably remember he was out injured for well over a year and had only played 140 minutes in the premier league this season before tonight. He's gonna have to play most of the rest of the season now so get used to it :lol: 

I think everything we can say about him could be said about most CL/Europa league clubs 3rd/4th choice fullback. I didn’t expect him to come on and play like Cafu. He didn’t cost us the match but he didn’t make a difference. He’s an emergency backup who plays a few positions. Hard to be annoyed with him for being exactly what we all know he is. Probably could have just promoted a young player for that role and saved some money on salary as opposed to extending him. 

Meh. 

I didn't think he was that bad? Feel like he wouldn't be getting slagged if Dummett hadn't been practicing judo.

He was fine, he’s just very limited. And Schar doesn't seem to want to pass to him. 

Not that I blame the team for going more to the left when the right is Longstaff/Murphy/Krafth :lol:

56 minutes ago, TRon said:

100% this. It is costing us points, and ultimately might cost us Europe.

They’re only costing us points because they’re playing too much really. Of course eventually they all need to go, but how quickly can you overhaul an entire squad? 

Just now, TRon said:

Really hindered our football going forward but at least he did some sort of a job defensively.

Not sure he did. Quite often he got the ball 20/30 yds out in space, sprinted forward with it and there's no one there and he has to come back or inside.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Not sure he did. Quite often he got the ball 20/30 yds out in space, sprinted forward with it and there's no one there and he has to come back or inside.

Maybe it's harsh but when you have got used to Trippier or Tino carrying the ball forward, Krafth's awkwardness on the ball feels a long way down.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Really appreciated his attitude today. He is limited but clearly fired up and cares.

He was screaming out in frustration with the lack of quality the whole team showed in the first minutes of the game. Not often you see that passion from him.