Emil Krafth

Nobody

Well played Krafty. Makes me think in certain easier home games we could rotate Tripps abit more or perhaps atleast sub him if we are winning. 

Obviously Tino would play there ahead of him still but Tino is so good compared to our other left backs that we can't really move him. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

he looks, sadly, a step or two slower than he did before the injury imho 

Yeah I thought that too. Hopefully just a match fitness thing.

Can't think of a better example of a ref failing to protect players than in that match he was chopped down like. Total dereliction of duty.

To be honest, even if he doesn't get another deal with us, I'll be delighted for him if he does well in his cameos this season and proves he's still fit and good enough to get a solid contract at another club. On today's evidence he'd be a great signing for many lower half Premier League clubs.

He was surprisingly good today but he's 29, I wouldn't give him another contract. His role as an emergency RB/CB should be filled by someone a lot younger.

Fairly certain he can get a decent deal from Germany/Italy/Spain though which is great for him.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

He was surprisingly good today but he's 29, I wouldn't give him another contract. His role as an emergency RB/CB should be filled by someone a lot younger.

Fairly certain he can get a decent deal from Germany/Italy/Spain though which is great for him.

You're not dead wrong by any means, but we can only replace so many players at once. It's questionable if another young right back will want to join us given Livramento is clearly the prodigal son here now in that position.

If Krafth is happy being the spare to the heir, it might work for everyone for another season or two - one less thing to worry about while sorting out replacements for Almiron, Wilson and a goalkeeping recruit. In a low key way he's pretty clearly another positive, mature influence in the dressing room too.

I don't think he even needs to be replaced, one of the kids should be able to step up and we still have Ashby. If I was him I wouldn't sign a deal either and look to get a move to a smaller team in one of the big leagues to get more minutes.

24 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't think he even needs to be replaced, one of the kids should be able to step up and we still have Ashby. If I was him I wouldn't sign a deal either and look to get a move to a smaller team in one of the big leagues to get more minutes.

In a couple of years, I'd agree with you but guessing our academy hasn't got decent enough players available in every position yet.

I might be being premature but I've basically given up on Ashby meanwhile... For whatever reason it doesn't look like it's going to happen for him.

You're right about Krafth's personal preferences though, it takes two to tango on that one. No complaints at all if he wants to move on.

14 minutes ago, madras said:

I think that would have happened even if Trips hadn't got injured.

I know he was suspended today. But is he injured now too? Thought it only was a very short term one. As in not missing any games because of it. 

Edited by Ikon

Probably the fittest player in the squad. No wonder he came back in excellent condition from something that would probably ruin many others careers. Wouldn't mind keeping him on even if only as a bit part player & role model for others. His huge wage might require us to let him go though because of ffp.

Thought he was MOTM if not for Bruno. A mixture of great attacking play, solid defensive work, the odd smash and even a bit of flair at the end there. 

We now have a few quality or at least solid options available for both full back positions. Yet we have other positions where we barely even have a fit starter. 

We are a less potent attacking threat without Trippier.

For sure though, when results were pretty much assured (win or loss) we could’ve been giving players like Trippier 15-20 minutes off and have had able deputies like Kraft covering.