Emil Krafth

Nobody

Looked a very capable deputy when Trippier was injured. If he recovers well from his injury I'd have no issues with him as the backup for this season - we should be looking at a younger fullback sooner rather than later though with a view to taking over from Trippier when he starts to drop off. Very annoying he's not a decade younger :lol:

• 2 months later...

His injury must've been horrendous. I think him and Livra had the injury around the same time. Livra is younger but he's come back in what... 9 months? It's taken poor Emil a full year.

Β 

Hope he's good. Glad for him on a personal level that he got that additional year. Some clubs would've released him mid-injury with no support had his contract ran out.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His injury must've been horrendous. I think him and Livra had the injury around the same time. Livra is younger but he's come back in what... 9 months? It's taken poor Emil a full year.

Β 

Hope he's good. Glad for him on a personal level that he got that additional year. Some clubs would've released him mid-injury with no support had his contract ran out.

Β According to Transfermarkt, they actually have had an incredibly similar recovery time.

Β 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tino-livramento/verletzungen/spieler/503981

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emil-krafth/verletzungen/spieler/184528

Edit: although they appear to have Krafth as having recovered on August 1st.

Edited by healthyaddiction

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Β 

Livramento got his injury in April and came back in May the following year. Krafth got his in pre-season (July/August) so similar recovery times really.Β 

Β 

edit: I think if players are coming back from an ACL in 9 months they're doing it wrong these days. Seems to take a year now and the chances of a full recovery are much greater than they were in Shearer's time.Β 

Β 

edit 2: turns out Krafth got his in the EFL 2nd round at the end of August.

Edited by Smal

Just now, Smal said:

Livramento got his injury in April and came back in May the following year. Krafth got his in pre-season (July/August) so similar recovery times really.Β 

Fairs. I thought Tino had his early last season.

Β 

Krafth definitely got his in the league cup though. Think it was 2nd round so early September.

• 4 weeks later...