Tottenham 0-1 Newcastle - Match Thread - 25/8/19

Mike

I didn’t know the result until just now and I didn’t really feel anything about it. Defeats and victories don’t mean anything.

For sure. It just doesn’t matter at all while Ashley is here and not trying to compete.

Today was class. Support behaved well and it was a good performance - we look so comfortable playing that way (shock) and the overall shape was much more balanced.

Away days are the only time I feel like recognise the club as I came to know it, as long as the kids aren't being total knobs.

I must be one of the few left who still wanted the club to get what it deserved today. Even winning £60 on account of the win, I couldn't help but want them to equalise. I think not caring might come next.

As much as I hate Ashley, I have to say I am delighted with this result today. I just cant want us to lose. It's a strange situation.

100%, can't say I am not happy with winning. f***ing hate the state of how the club is run at the moment and how it won't ever get any better under Ashley

But, I am not as confident as others are about needing to get down all the way to League 1 just for Ashley to leave. How can you be so sure we would get a more competent owner and how are you certain we will rise back to this level in a relatively quick time. Look at Leeds, Nottingham etc.

Really s*** how the entire thing is at the minute. I won't fund the club and Ashley anymore, but I want us to win.

You do by default.On a scale from 1-10, Ashley is probably a nine, with a owner like Blackpools chopping down legend statues at a 10. Any new owner would be in the scale of 1-8, as no one buys a football club to chop down statues of its legends just to spite the fans right from the off.

We might not get as rich an owner, but what good have that brought us.

Watched it but again felt nothing, exactly the way I felt with the Arsenal game. Such a weird shitty feeling. Thought Spurs were absolutely awful though despite having so much of the ball. I suppose at least this has bought the pigeon wifey longer time.

Got to give credit to the players, I reckon Almiron must have covered 20 miles.

I think that during the week the players had a meeting with Bruce and said 'Look, your systems don't work, they are 20 years out of date, you don't know what your doing...........But you are a really nice bloke and a Geordie so let us go out and play the Rafa way using his trusted formation'