Newcastle United 0-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

Greg

25% possession, it's getting better.

Remember all the criticism Rafa got for low possession figures against man city and liverpool  :lol: :lol:

We had 68% possession against Brighton at home last season and 27 shots.

At least we’re having more of a go under Bruce against the likes of Brighton :harry: :laugh:

To be honest, the season is going as I would have liked.

Attendance have fallen evidently. You can put up the number of tickets sold up all you want but even that has fallen and will continue to fall.

Those who still go to the games are getting restless and booing the fuck out of the team like yesterday. I sure most will stop going if the shit show continues.

Summer signings have been wank so far. Saint-Maximin by far the most exciting yet is out injured. Joelinton is good but not bagging the goals. That Swedish cheese has been awful. Willems is ok but that's about it.

And what can we say about Bruce? He's Steve Bruce. Never been successful anywhere else so anyone who expected him to perform miracles were delusional.

We're stuck in the  bottom half of the table. Can't win at home, clueless, unimaginative, injury-hit, sham manager, out of the cup already. It's great for me to watch people like Luke Edwards grasping at some stupid stats while trying to protect Bruce and his team.

And Ashley is having a mare off the pitch too so hope this continues. Couldn't give a toss anymore. Seen Carroll come back so that's about my last interest about the club. Slept almost all of the second half when I came home last night. Woke up in the 87th minute when Carroll was already on. So slept through a pointless 2nd half of a match.

I completely forgot about the game so didn’t even track the score (probably a lucky thing). To think in the past that even though I couldn’t get to games, I would be glued to here for every single game of the season. Sadly it shows how far NUFC have dropped down my priority list these days :(

It would be interesting to see the amount of activity on these sort of match day threads plotted over time as I’m sure most games used to get a lot more interest.

Attendance have fallen evidently. You can put up the number of tickets sold up all you want but even that has fallen and will continue to fall.

Those who still go to the games are getting restless and booing the fuck out of the team like yesterday. I sure most will stop going if the shit show continues.

Summer signings have been wank so far. Saint-Maximin by far the most exciting yet is out injured. Joelinton is good but not bagging the goals. That Swedish cheese has been awful. Willems is ok but that's about it.

And what can we say about Bruce? He's Steve Bruce. Never been successful anywhere else so anyone who expected him to perform miracles were delusional.

We're stuck in the  bottom half of the table. Can't win at home, clueless, unimaginative, injury-hit, sham manager, out of the cup already. It's great for me to watch people like Luke Edwards grasping at some stupid stats while trying to protect Bruce and his team.

And Ashley is having a mare off the pitch too so hope this continues. Couldn't give a toss anymore. Seen Carroll come back so that's about my last interest about the club. Slept almost all of the second half when I came home last night. Woke up in the 87th minute when Carroll was already on. So slept through a pointless 2nd half of a match.

The first sentence.......yet you still renewed?

The thing is, possession doesn’t mean attacking football. Leicester were fantastic to watch when they won the title, doubt they averaged much more than 40% that season. We just looked clueless when we had it. I don’t mind sitting back and soaking up pressure if there’s a clear plan of what to do when we have the ball.

Ki is so good man.

Ki's not actually that good at all, we got him on a free from Swansea, he is however a serious upgrade on Shelvey.

He is in our team, and being on a free from Swansea has nothing to do with anything. He's the most intelligent and best passer of the ball in midfield in the whole squad.

He is neat and tidy, better than Shelvey but not as good as  S Longstaff.

Poor cross from a great position shows he’s just not good enough, although I do like him as a good squad player.

For all that was rubbish about yesterday, I think the moment which demonstrated the abject cluelessness moreso than any other was Lascelles streaming up the left-wing with the ball, towards the end of the first half. I mean, marauding centre-backs is one thing, but that's the most central of our three defenders trying to dribble past 3 defender on the wing. :lol: That's before we consider the fact that he is probably the last player in the whole squad you want going on mazy runs.

It happened cos no one had a fucking clue where they were supposed to be or what they were supposed to be doing. He did actually win a free-kick, in fairness to the lad, but I'd compare that result to something like Cisse having one fly in off his arse against West Brom a few years back.

It's very well Bruce saying he hasn't changed much since Rafa left. Well, where he puts the names on the piece of paper in relation to each other, at the start of the game, is probably quite similar. But pretty much everything that was good about our style of play - aside from defending for our lives when we need to - appears to have evaporated.

In case anyone hasn't read the quotes, here's what cabbage heed said about Rafa:

I’ve not tried not to change anything too much (from Benitez so far). We were far too open and tried to press the ball too far up the pitch and caused our own problems. We changed and it made us a little better.

Amazing considering Rafa had literally none of those issues when he was manager. Absolute bell end

:lol:

Wow, what a fucking cunt. A lying cunt at that too.

In case anyone hasn't read the quotes, here's what cabbage heed said about Rafa:

I’ve not tried not to change anything too much (from Benitez so far). We were far too open and tried to press the ball too far up the pitch and caused our own problems. We changed and it made us a little better.

Amazing considering Rafa had literally none of those issues when he was manager. Absolute bell end

:lol:

Wow, what a fucking cunt. A lying cunt at that too.

He can't use Rafa as an excuse for much longer. Be interesting to see what he tries next.

Agree fully with all of this. It's really cathartic to watch them all get exactly what they deserve.