Newcastle United vs Southampton Sunday 8th December (Kick Off 2pm No TV)

samptime29

Pathetic that that should be the target. A normal club with even average ambitions would be looking at this as a chance to put us in with a shout of Europe. We view it as halfway to safety it’s fucking pathetic.

Shoot for the moon and if you happen to miss you will still be amongst the stars. Yet our lot aim for the neighbours back garden, with our "supporters" happy clapping when we hit the fence.

I think we’ll lose today unless we make some changes given we barely have the ball most of the time. Would like to see Schar, Longstaff, Joelinton all starting. I think it’d probably be a mistake to start both Saint-Maximin and Almiron from an injury perspective but I guess we don’t have any replacements bar Atsu.

I hope Southampton are shit like they often seem to be up here and we snag another win.

Big Joe to get the winner ?

The way to win is to have a proper go at them, give them no breathing space whatsoever. This will get the crowd with us to some degree. Need to come at them wave after wave. Think we're playing into their hands if we sit back (ffs is that possible at home against this lot? yes..) and make it a boring game as crowd will sit there all quiet when we're handing the momentum over to them looking for the counter attack. Their aim will be to get an early goal and frustrate us and make us clueless and anxious and keep the crowd quiet. This could very easily go wrong. Now is not the time to sit back!!

The way to win is to have a proper go at them, give them no breathing space whatsoever. This will get the crowd with us to some degree. Need to come at them wave after wave. Think we're playing into their hands if we sit back (ffs is that possible at home against this lot? yes..) and make it a boring game as crowd will sit there all quiet when we're handing the momentum over to them looking for the counter attack. Their aim will be to get an early goal and frustrate us and make us clueless and anxious and keep the crowd quiet. This could very easily go wrong. Now is not the time to sit back!!

You are being way too logical my friend. Remember Bwucie doesn't think like us..........

You are being way too logical my friend. Remember Bwucie doesn't think like us..........

:lol: :thup:

Really don't want us to sit back running the risk of giving Ings too many chances. That's asking for a miserable result.

Game day, win this and it’s job done  O0

Job done? :lol:

Yep first job would be done , staying up, win today and it would have to be spectacular for us to drop.Just my opinion lad.

I reckon we’ll win 3-1.

Manquillo to score.

Off topic I guess but the improvement in Manquillo from the second half of the season onwards has been massive.

Aye, he's grown into a really solid right back in the Premier League. Rarely puts a foot wrong defensively anymore and offers good quality going forward. Not as 'high-flying' as Yedlin, but he does his job quietly well. Better delivery into the box than Yedlin too.

Guest godzilla

Just f***ing play Schar and Lejeune. I'm sick of long punts from the CB's.

100% correct here mind as a big part of our forward problems is that the current central defenders (especially Dummett and Clark) are not ball players and that's the reason why the ball is just 'hoofed' aimlessly forward. If I was Schar I would be wanting away and he may well be also.

If I was Southampton I would have a go. We'll easily surrender and sit back without managing to take control of the game. Our defense lumping the ball giving them the possession back time after time. No matter how the game goes I think it's a very bad decision to not start Schar. Just hope we have a go at them, otherwise I can see this being a miserable afternoon.