Everton 2-2 Newcastle United - 21/01/20

Disco

Few things I noticed regarding our equalizer:

1. Sean Longstaff won that free kick at half field by just diving into an Everton player and winning that FK. Pretty awesome.

2. Fede did what you always want a player to do in that position, LASH it at goal and see what happens - post, save for corner, spill by Pickford, deflects into a goal-line scramble

3. Hayden's shot thankfully not hit over, but Calvert-Lewin heads it directly to Lejeune who does a jumping scissor kick :lol:

I've just watched the 2nd goal footage repeatedly on loop. It's great to watch each NUFC player individually. The realisation that a goal is given flips the reactions. Fernandez with both his arms in the air for ages before anyone else as he must have seen the ball go behind the line. I laughed most at some of the Everton fans behind the goal celebrating and clapping (not sarcastically) after the goal is given. They must have thought the ref was blowing the whistle for full time or something. Hilarious.

Uusally when there's a goal line technology decision the whole attacking team are running to the ref or celebrating but there's only really Fernandez that realises it's gone over.

When I was watching it live I thought the ref was going to give a penalty for handball or something to Everton

I've just watched the 2nd goal footage repeatedly on loop. It's great to watch each NUFC player individually. The realisation that a goal is given flips the reactions. Fernandez with both his arms in the air for ages before anyone else as he must have seen the ball go behind the line. I laughed most at some of the Everton fans behind the goals celebrating and clapping (not sarcastically) after the goal is given. They must have thought the ref was blowing the whistle for full time or something. Hilarious.

Just noticed this - absolutely incredible  :lol:

Uusally when there's a goal line technology decision the whole attacking team are running to the ref or celebrating but there's only really Fernandez that realises it's gone over.

When I was watching it live I thought the ref was going to give a penalty for handball or something to Everton

Aye, i thought it was a penalty for us and a handball or something as wel

Carlo Ancelotti: "The players are really sad. But I said to them I have experience in moments like this. I lost the Champions League final after being 3-0 up, these things can happen sometimes."

:D

Not sure if Carlo is helping the Everton players there.

I've just watched the 2nd goal footage repeatedly on loop. It's great to watch each NUFC player individually. The realisation that a goal is given flips the reactions. Fernandez with both his arms in the air for ages before anyone else as he must have seen the ball go behind the line. I laughed most at some of the Everton fans behind the goal celebrating and clapping (not sarcastically) after the goal is given. They must have thought the ref was blowing the whistle for full time or something. Hilarious.

The club put a video from a different angle on Facebook earlier. Krafth's the one who realises it's gone over the line. You can hear him shout "yes!" as his arms go up.

https://www.facebook.com/newcastleunited/videos/2530568977269768/