Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I agree. It's a farce. They should just come out and say it's done until if we get a vaccine as that seems the case now. Also who is going to transfer 300m for a club with no matches anytime soon?

I think they are playing a much longer game mate, project 2030 and all that

I agree. It's a farce. They should just come out and say it's done until if we get a vaccine as that seems the case now. Also who is going to transfer 300m for a club with no matches anytime soon?

Amanda Staveley, the Reuben brothers and PIF.

Time will tell on that. They haven't sent 300m yet unfortunately

I don’t see how this is going to work at all, if Germany have already been fucked how the hell are we gonna do it

Exactly, the press and the government will be waiting to scapegoat the irresponsible PL for allowing matches to be played.

It's not the medical side which is an issue, it's the political climate. Once the government let's pubs reopen, then football is fair game.

Time will tell on that. They haven't sent 300m yet unfortunately

Are you a WUM?

What you on about? It's a perfectly valid point. Maybe they aren't sending the 300m until we hear if and when the sport can return. It might be off for a year for all we know! There's obviously some hold up. As I said they haven't sent the money yet and I can't see them doing so until we hear about football definitely restarting or that is has.

A perfectly valid oppinion so I don't see how that is being a WUM.

What you on about? It's a perfectly valid point. Maybe they aren't sending the 300m until we hear if and when the sport can return. It might be off for a year for all we know! There's obviously some hold up. As I said they haven't sent the money yet and I can't see them doing so until we hear about football definitely restarting or that is has.

A perfectly valid oppinion so I don't see how that is being a WUM.

They havent sent the money because they havent passed the PL checks...yet.

When they do, they will.

Absolutely ludicrous to even consider finishing the season, surprised Angela sanctioned it in Germany.

The aversion to binning it off and starting again in September is bizarre.

Was reading an article on the Bundesliga, one of the major reasons why they need to complete the season is in order to get the final payment from the TV rights - if they don’t get this, then a number of German clubs will go insolvent

Don’t know where the PL is up to with payments? Think they have their final instalment?

Guest neesy111

Absolutely ludicrous to even consider finishing the season, surprised Angela sanctioned it in Germany.

Was reading an article on the Bundesliga, one of the major reasons why they need to complete the season is in order to get the final payment from the TV rights - if they don’t get this, then a number of German clubs will go insolvent

Don’t know where the PL is up to with payments? Think they have their final instalment?

Nope, it's the across most leagues, they need to finish the season to get TV money.  They've just advanced some payments.

The PL I believe have to pay TV mopney back to the sponsors , hence the panic over where we are with when and it should be finnished

The PL I believe have to pay TV mopney back to the sponsors , hence the panic over where we are with when and it should be finnished

So kind of similar to Germany then - this is going to be a nightmare for the respective boards

Guest neesy111

If your going to shut down sports when someone tests positive for the virus they'll be no sport until a vaccine comes out which could be 18 months away.  It was inevitable that some players were going to have the virus at some stage, what you need is vigorous testing and contact tracing to ensure you lockdown players and teams if someone does test positive.

A half way needs to be found if we wait until a vaccine is available some clubs will go bust. So I think the following is the safest way forward:

-End this season

-Start again in September with pre testing, any ill players being isolated.

-Weekly testing again any unwell players being isolated.

-U23 players to be allowed to be included in premier league squads to cover for isolated players (enlarged squads).

- Training matches cannot be social distances so masks and gloves to be worn. Skills based drills to be in groups of 2-3 with masks and gloves

- Squads to be isolated from friends and family members with hefty fines and bans for those that breach it

- No fans in stadiums and no gatherings outside

Richard Masters of the PL said the other day that if we don't finish the season we run the risk of losing £1bn worth of revenue. That's why it needs to be finished. Regardless what you think of the economy vs health argument, they can't run the risk of that many clubs being so badly affected financially.

A half way needs to be found if we wait until a vaccine is available some clubs will go bust. So I think the following is the safest way forward:

-End this season

-Start again in September with pre testing, any ill players being isolated.

-Weekly testing again any unwell players being isolated.

-U23 players to be allowed to be included in premier league squads to cover for isolated players (enlarged squads).

- Training matches cannot be social distances so masks and gloves to be worn. Skills based drills to be in groups of 2-3 with masks and gloves

- Squads to be isolated from friends and family members with hefty fines and bans for those that breach it

- No fans in stadiums and no gatherings outside

That's gonna cause a whole load of problems, they're human beings

What does the money they earn have to do with it? Because they're millionaires then their mental health is fine and they can sacrifice not seeing their friends and families until a vaccine is found?

Footballers aren't key workers either. Really ignorant post