Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Can't see it going ahead. The PL and Government absolutely want it but Mayors, Fifa's head doctor, players speaking up saying they are scared. It is a bit mental.

I bet NHS staff wish they were on 300 grand a week.  They are paid to do a job and whilst I would say it's not essential it will be very good for the mental wellbeing of most men in the country.

Think I'll force myself to find a new hobby/obsessive passion if football starts voiding seasons. Would hate that so much.

Eh?!

You’d stop watching football because of a global pandemic?

I'd just be pissed off until the end of time that they didn't finish this season. I'm an organised guy.... to have all these blanks in record books will be infuritating :lol:

Guest chopey

It looks like the bottom 6 in the EPL will veto the restarting of the league, I think the the season is over and hopefully Liverpool will get the title but it will always be tainted.

I quite like the idea of ending the season now and then restating in August with the same points everyone has now .

It looks like the bottom 6 in the EPL will veto the restarting of the league, I think the the season is over and hopefully Liverpool will get the title but it will always be tainted.

I quite like the idea of ending the season now and then restating in August with the same points everyone has now .

No way Liverpool’s title can be tainted - they needed 2 points from 9 games?

It’s the only certainty there is in football

No way Liverpool’s title can be tainted - they needed 2 points from 9 games?

It’s the only certainty there is in football

If they don’t win it then they don’t win it

Guest chopey

I dont see how they can, three German players have already tested positive and are showing no symptoms at all, every player will need to be tested and be free from the virus, they wont be.

If the season gets voided then Sunlun get their 1-9 away win record back. Tears of joy  :lol:

If Bruce gets replaced before things restart, will he be wiped from our history books?

I'd love that. Bruce's reign stricken from the records.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52517532

A growing number of Premier League clubs are open to playing the remaining fixtures at neutral venues but with the threat of relegation removed.

Top-flight clubs have been told that using up to 10 neutral stadiums will be the only way to complete the season.

Brighton say they are "not in favour" of using neutral venues because it may affect the "integrity" of the league.

Clubs near the bottom of the table feel it is unfair to play in such different conditions when at risk of relegation.

This stadium thing is mad. Other than stoke messing with throw ins years ago a pitch is a pitch. "home advantage" is surely gleaned mainly from your supporters, which won't be there. Stinks of rubbish teams like west ham trying to leverage cancellation or no relegation clauses to avoid the inevitable for them.

If relegation is going to go then it’s surely pointless playing the rest of the season  :lol:

Yeah agreed and if relegation is to stay how can it ever be equitable if, for example, Troy Deeney comes down with Corona and is unavailable for two weeks and even then not fully fit and yet Villa all stay fully fit?

If relegation is going to go then it’s surely pointless playing the rest of the season  :lol:

Yeah agreed and if relegation is to stay how can it ever be equitable if, for example, Troy Deeney comes down with Corona and is unavailable for two weeks and even then not fully fit and yet Villa all stay fully fit?

Totally agree.....also playing at a neutral venue does not make an even battlefield.....Toon v Liverpool at St Jame’s...got to at least fancy a chance of getting something from the game, at a neutral venue we’d get dicked...Villa have Man City,Liverpool,Chelsea and Man Utd at home....playing all of those away from home advantage does not equate to fairness, especially as some teams will already have played these teams at home.

These aren't equitable circumstances, personally don't think we should have relegation threatened teams holding football hostage. Coronavirus was an unforeseen  event, there's no way to deal with it equitably. The best you can do is either cancel it, or try to complete the season in whatever way you can.

Relegated teams can whinge it is unfair, but if they cancelled the season, how is it fair on teams like Liverpool if they get their title season wiped out? Believe me, I'm very far from a Liverpool fan, but fair is fair.

They should just take a vote from all the clubs and go with the majority decision.