Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Nowt will happen until they have the testing and quarantining of positive cases side of it sorted. Rightly so. I’d not be surprised if the Bundesliga has stopped again before the PL starts.

Isn't football vital for the economy as well though? Just as much as re-opening shops, garden centres or greggs for example.

Surely loads of jobs would be lost at the likes of Sky and BT with no football or sport to cover, not to mention all the support staff at all the clubs. They will all have mortgages and families too. It's their job and a massive amount of money and people's livelihoods riding on it restarting as soon as possible.

I don't get how people are having to go back to working in shops, catering, factories, public transport etc, many of who will be over 50 year old. Also without them or anyone they are working with getitng tested, as well as all having to put themselves at risk for peanuts compared to what footballers get.

Footballers who will also all be tested and everyone they play with and against will also be tested and who are also young fit athletes. I just can't grasp how someone who is in their 50s has to go back to work with no testing in place for them or anyone they are in contact with whilst it's proposed footballers get to stay at home earning a fortune in relative safety.

Opening fixtures of next season should be the remaining fixtures of this season. Results count for current season 19/20 and new season 20/21. Megabrains.

Opening fixtures of next season should be the remaining fixtures of this season. Results count for current season 19/20 and new season 20/21. Megabrains.

and how would relegation work, would teams vanish after 10 games?

Forever in to that fucked up thing Zod and his cronies were put into.

That'd be class tbh [emoji38]

Nobody should be forced to go back into a workplace which might not be safe

Of course they shouldn't. But surely if the other 21 people on the pitch with you have tested negative that's a lot safer than someone going into work in a shop or factory with 21 other people  where 0 of them people have been tested and potentially any or all them could have it. Football seems safer than what millions of people across the country going back to work will face

I don't think Danny Rose cares much about football anyway if you believe what was being said by Spurs fans before he came here.

In other news, the latest restart date I am seeing is June 12.

Loads of people are going to work every day without it being 100% safe. Suck it up Danny boy.

They're supposed to be essential workers though. Football isnt essential.

Supposed being the operative word there - I can't say too much about my situation, but my workplace hasn't shut down and the work we do is far from essential.

What a moron Danny Rose. He's getting paid 60k a week as his job is related to the nations morale and a billion pounds and lots of jobs hinge on it. It's far safer for him playing against 11 negatively tested footballers than it is for shop workers and factory workers coming into contact with dozens of strangers every day

Loads of people are going to work every day without it being 100% safe. Suck it up Danny boy.

Supposed being the operative word there - I can't say too much about my situation, but my workplace hasn't shut down and the work we do is far from essential.

It doesn't matter if your work is essential or not... if a business has work for you to do they can't furlough you. That's just the rule, sadly. The government are only paying out money (understandably) to business that have had to furlough people due to a complete lack of work for those people.

Not anymore. It's not just essential workers at work now it's anyone who can't work from home. Also football has a big effect on the economy it's a mass employer of all kinds of people for starters

What a moron Danny Rose. He's getting paid 60k a week as his job is related to the nations morale and a billion pounds and lots of jobs hinge on it. It's far safer for him playing against 11 negatively tested footballers than it is for shop workers and factory workers coming into contact with dozens of strangers every day

I dunno like... safer, probably. Doesn't mean they should be happy to start doing it... especially considering the amount of false results the tests give.

Not anymore. It's not just essential workers at work now it's anyone who can't work from home. Also football has a big effect on the economy it's a mass employer of all kinds of people for starters

It was never just essential workers at work.

Guest neesy111

I think the biggest risk to footballers is what happens before and after a game than the matches itself.

generally on rose's side myself like, how many occupations are there where the people you work "with" you have to have physical contact, spitting all over the place and heavy breathing from exertion?  hairdressers can't go back because of the personal proximity but footballers can?

that said if they implement a clear and rigorous testing programme then it's harder to argue against obvs, even if you understand that unless the players are totally isolated it'll never be 100% safe

I dunno like... safer, probably. Doesn't mean they should be happy to start doing it... especially considering the amount of false results the tests give.

I agree with you about not been happy about it. I'd say safer most definitely. They may not be happy about it but it's the same for everyone going back to work. Most of which are at higher risk than young fit athletes