Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Have they said when the new fixtures will be released?

I’d imagine that it will go on the existing schedule.

Our next match on the existing schedule was Sheffield United at home, so they could potentially have to play two games in three days...

If we can't win that game, I can't see us winning another this season.

Edit, just noticed that the 17th is a Wednesday, not a Friday as I thought.

Still think we'll go down, like.

Struggling to be even arsed about football returning without this takeover. I know football returning through project restart may be what it takes for the premier league to sign our takeover off but until that happens I'm literally not giving a shite about any football.

Guest neesy111

After 2 weeks the novelty will wear off l, who wants to watch Southampton Vs Aston villa with zero atmosphere on a nice summers evening.

Guest neesy111

After 2 weeks the novelty will wear off l, who wants to watch Southampton Vs Aston villa with zero atmosphere on a nice summers evening.

Nobody because they've already played each other twice.  :cheesy:

:okay:

Nufc Vs sheff utd then ;)

Guest godzilla

Have they said when the new fixtures will be released?

I’d imagine that it will go on the existing schedule.

Our next match on the existing schedule was Sheffield United at home, so they could potentially have to play two games in three days...

If we can't win that game, I can't see us winning another this season.

Edit, just noticed that the 17th is a Wednesday, not a Friday as I thought.

Still think we'll go down, like.

5 teams are 8 or more points behind (not including Norwich) and Brighton are 6 points behind. Think that's a bit of a stretch to be honest, probably only needs one win and a couple of draws (at most) to stay up.

Guest chopey

Any news on the fa Cup? I could just see us fluking it and having no one there to celebrate it

.com has this:

Update: The Mail newspaper claim that Wembley Stadium has been cleared to host both the FA Cup Semi-Finals and Finals this season if they can be played - obviously behind closed doors.

Earlier: In parallel to restart plans for the unplayed segment ofthe 2019/20 Premier League season, similar talks to conclude the FA Cup are in progress - aided by the fact that the remaining eightsides are all from the current top flight.

From what we can gather, the following four Quarter Final ties willbe played in midweek once the PL restarts in June:

Sheffield United v Arsenal

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Norwich City v Manchester United

Leicester City v Chelsea

The four winners will then play Semi Final ties on consecutive midweek nights in early August, with the Final pencilled in for Saturday August 8th and midweek semi-finals shortly before that.

All FA Cup ties will take place behind closed doors and transmitted live (with BT and BBC sharing the rights).

What's the point of playing the semis at Wembley if they could be potentially 4 northern teams ?

Fuck me, we're not going down like. We literally need another 2/3 points from 9 games.

Wish I shared your optimism.

It's not unheard of for one team to drop like a stone in the last few games of a season and nothing about Steve Bruce's preparation for games tells me that we won't be the worst prepared team coming out of this lockdown.

Guest godzilla

f*** me, we're not going down like. We literally need another 2/3 points from 9 games.

It's not unheard of for one team to drop like a stone in the last few games of a season and nothing about Steve Bruce's preparation for games tells me that we won't be the worst prepared team coming out of this lockdown.

Think you should put a bet on then as you will make a canny bit - not going to happen

f*** me, we're not going down like. We literally need another 2/3 points from 9 games.

Think you should put a bet on then as you will make a canny bet - not going to happen

I put 20 quid on us going down about a month before the cessation of the season. Can't remember what odds I got.

EDIT. Just had a look got 11/2 on 1st March, price is now 20-1, lumping another 20 on. :crazy2:

Think you should put a bet on then as you will make a canny bet - not going to happen

I put 20 quid on us going down about a month before the cessation of the season. Can't remember what odds I got.

EDIT. Just had a look got 11/2 on 1st March, price is now 20-1, lumping another 20 on. :crazy2:

I'd rather put money on us staying up after winning no more points.

I'd rather put money on us staying up after winning no more points.

It's certainly more than possible, but you're not gonna get the price are you?

Or are you?? Hmmm...

Nobody because they've already played each other twice.  :cheesy:

:okay:

Nufc Vs sheff utd then ;)

Yeah, those cracking home atmospheres from the "support da team" crew are vital to the TV experience.