Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I know the 3pm blackout has been lifted so all games can be on TV, but it would be great if they had all games for a few rounds on in the evenings spread over the week

If it’s possible with test and isolate then just play a couple a day and get the fucker done.

Absolutely no need at all to have them on the weekends, especially now the weather's nice. Nobody's sitting inside on a hot Saturday watching Burnley vs Southampton in an empty stadium. Just stick one or two on every weeknight.

Absolutely no need at all to have them on the weekends, especially now the weather's nice. Nobody's sitting inside on a hot Saturday watching Burnley vs Southampton in an empty stadium. Just stick one or two on every week night.

Yeah I agree with this. They should do 7 PM then 9PM kicks offs everynight.  The last round if there is anything to be decided should be played at the same time though or at least the games that affect CL slots/ Relegation.

Any news on the fa Cup? I could just see us fluking it and having no one there to celebrate it

.com has this:

Update: The Mail newspaper claim that Wembley Stadium has been cleared to host both the FA Cup Semi-Finals and Finals this season if they can be played - obviously behind closed doors.

Earlier: In parallel to restart plans for the unplayed segment ofthe 2019/20 Premier League season, similar talks to conclude the FA Cup are in progress - aided by the fact that the remaining eightsides are all from the current top flight.

From what we can gather, the following four Quarter Final ties willbe played in midweek once the PL restarts in June:

Sheffield United v Arsenal

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Norwich City v Manchester United

Leicester City v Chelsea

The four winners will then play Semi Final ties on consecutive midweek nights in early August, with the Final pencilled in for Saturday August 8th and midweek semi-finals shortly before that.

All FA Cup ties will take place behind closed doors and transmitted live (with BT and BBC sharing the rights).

I think my biggest fear this season pre-COVID has been the thought of us winning the FA Cup during a time where I basically detest the club. Hopefully it gets scrapped.

Any news on the fa Cup? I could just see us fluking it and having no one there to celebrate it

.com has this:

Update: The Mail newspaper claim that Wembley Stadium has been cleared to host both the FA Cup Semi-Finals and Finals this season if they can be played - obviously behind closed doors.

Earlier: In parallel to restart plans for the unplayed segment ofthe 2019/20 Premier League season, similar talks to conclude the FA Cup are in progress - aided by the fact that the remaining eightsides are all from the current top flight.

From what we can gather, the following four Quarter Final ties willbe played in midweek once the PL restarts in June:

Sheffield United v Arsenal

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Norwich City v Manchester United

Leicester City v Chelsea

The four winners will then play Semi Final ties on consecutive midweek nights in early August, with the Final pencilled in for Saturday August 8th and midweek semi-finals shortly before that.

All FA Cup ties will take place behind closed doors and transmitted live (with BT and BBC sharing the rights).

Cheers fro that

Thought: if broadcasters were threatening to withhold money if the season wasn’t complete, does that mean if every game is now shown they are going to pay more? If so does that money go back to the fans who e paid for season tickets?

Absolutely no need at all to have them on the weekends, especially now the weather's nice. Nobody's sitting inside on a hot Saturday watching Burnley vs Southampton in an empty stadium. Just stick one or two on every week night.

Yeah I agree with this. They should do 7 PM then 9PM kicks offs everynight.  The last round if there is anything to be decided should be played at the same time though or at least the games that affect CL slots/ Relegation.

Not great for the international broadcasters.

Guest chopey

If all of Europes top leagues start playing games every day the money I saved by not betting at all will take some hammer, I've already bet builderd  my self out of £25 this week in the German league.

For all I'm worried about the government's strategy/behaviour around the whole crisis, and whilst I know football without fans is shite, I'm pleased and relieved that the league will be getting under way again. There's been 12 positive results from 2700 samples according to The Athletic.

Absolutely no need at all to have them on the weekends, especially now the weather's nice. Nobody's sitting inside on a hot Saturday watching Burnley vs Southampton in an empty stadium. Just stick one or two on every weeknight.

Warm summer nights watching football  :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

The Premier League season is set to restart on 17 June with Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal.

A full round of fixtures would then be played on the weekend of 19-21 June.

There are 92 matches still to play, and the first to take place will be those the four teams involved have in hand.

All matches will take place behind closed doors and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports, BT Sport, BBC Sport and Amazon Prime.

BBC Sport will air four live matches.

"The Premier League and our clubs are proud to have incredibly passionate and loyal supporters," Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said.

"It is important to ensure as many people as possible can watch the matches at home."

Safety guidelines are yet to be issued by the government and decisions will remain subject to the continuing fight against coronavirus.

Kick-off times will be as follows (all times BST):

Friday: 20:00

Saturday: 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00

Sunday: 12:00, 14:00, 16:30 and 19:00

Monday: 20:00

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 18:00 and 20:00

Masters added that the resumption date would not be confirmed "until we have met all the safety requirements needed".