Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Couldn't the police just break up any gatherings outside the stadiums? There's a huge number of police there usually anyway. Also put out a warning beforehand about on the spot fines and that'll cut it down a bit as well.

If they issue truncheons that are 2m long, aye.

Approximately zero people have done this in Germany.

All northern clubs too, no surprise. Man Utd v Sheff Utd? Us v Man City? It’s basically labelling groups of society that they deem less responsible or trusted than the average and accusing them indirectly of being happy to spread a deadly virus. Obviously relegation clubs are good lads with honest intentions.

I’m no Liverpool fan, far from it, but given how their game with Atletico likely caused many more cases it’s particularly distasteful IMO.

Yup, it's an incredibly degrading idea, especially after they agreed not to do after the bottom 6 raised a stink.

The difference is which everyone seems to be forgetting is the bars/restaurants are open in Germany and are showing the football and to watch the football in the house is around 30% cheaper than it is in the U.K.

The point regarding certain fixtures though I agree with.

Couldn't the police just break up any gatherings outside the stadiums? There's a huge number of police there usually anyway. Also put out a warning beforehand about on the spot fines and that'll cut it down a bit as well.

Just hire the Minneapolis police force for games, that'll sort the bastards out.

Guest chopey

A cursory look at the Bundesliga results since it's return shows no home advantage without crowds. There may be some weird and unexpected results in the Premier League.

TBF Schalke are shite with or without crowds

Just hire the Minneapolis police force for games, that'll sort the bastards out.

Most of the fans would be white so that might confuse them.

Should just give them rifles. The people that gather like this are the same rectangles that spread the disease and we would be better off without them.

Should just give them rifles. The people that gather like this are the same rectangles that spread the disease and we would be better off without them.

I was joking. But I sense you're being serious.

3 Charlton players refusing to play because they're out of contract at the end of the season and don't want to risk getting injured and not getting a new club

Good on 'em - take it they won't be the only ones at either the Premiership or Championship level.  Also good on Bowyer for taking a reasonable, calm headed approach to the issue - just what I expect from him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/01/three-charlton-players-including-lyle-taylor-unwilling-to-continue-season-lee-bowyer-injury

“It makes my job a hell of a lot harder to win games but it is something I cannot control,” Bowyer told the Guardian. “I can’t make him play. But at the same time, I understand his situation – and it’s difficult because he’s got a chance of earning life-changing money. It’s not like he’s a young lad and he’s got many years in front of him. I half understand because he may not get this opportunity again.”

Guest chopey

3 Charlton players refusing to play because they're out of contract at the end of the season and don't want to risk getting injured and not getting a new club

Good on 'em - take it they won't be the only ones at either the Premiership or Championship level.  Also good on Bowyer for taking a reasonable, calm headed approach to the issue - just what I expect from him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/01/three-charlton-players-including-lyle-taylor-unwilling-to-continue-season-lee-bowyer-injury

“It makes my job a hell of a lot harder to win games but it is something I cannot control,” Bowyer told the Guardian. “I can’t make him play. But at the same time, I understand his situation – and it’s difficult because he’s got a chance of earning life-changing money. It’s not like he’s a young lad and he’s got many years in front of him. I half understand because he may not get this opportunity again.”

I think their attitude is shocking

Guest neesy111

I think their attitude is shocking

I understand their issue but I think it's a bad attitude to take and some suitors will probably not be impressed by it.  Bet they were still on full pay while everyone at their club was furloughed....

Guest Butcher

Looks like he's off to Rangers but his attitude stinks

He'll probably earn more at a Championship club.

You'd imagine the nature of contracts might change moving forwards in case this kind of thing happens again. Some kind of clause where the contract expires on 30th June or x weeks after the last match of the season, whichever comes first.

Is there a full lost of our fixtures? Official website hasn’t even got the Sheff Utd date set, still shows as ‘TBC’.

Looks like they'll announce them after the next meeting on Thursday.

Friendlies to prep for season return allowed, but only with clubs within 90 minute drive. North East Derbies it is then.

Oh coaches have to referee too. Love to see Newcastle vs Sunderland with Bruces refereeing.

Friendlies to prep for season return allowed, but only with clubs within 90 minute drive. North East Derbies it is then.

Oh coaches have to referee too. Love to see Newcastle vs Sunderland with Bruces refereeing.

You’d assume we wouldn’t be allowed to play these smaller lower league teams that don’t qualify for testing...

We'd lose knowing Bruce.

He would be stretchered off after 5 mins. No way he has the cardio for officiating lol.

You’d assume we wouldn’t be allowed to play these smaller lower league teams that don’t qualify for testing...

Isn't another way we can play a friendly under that 90 minute drive restriction. I assume Middlesborough would work though?