Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is going to feel very odd when Amanda Stavely finally gets into the club and starts making changes.  13 years of constant lies, misinformation, lack of information, bore holes, bin baths, paddling pools, tatty sports wear, stadium being left to rot and various muppets in and round the club commentating left right and centre about how NUFC fans should be happy.

It's going to be such a strange feeling supporting a properly run football club again. Every year of my 30s Ashley has owned the club and i've gradually given less of a s*** with each passing year. It'll be nice to spend my 40s watching us build again with genuine excitement.

The same as me, feels like 12 years just vanished from NUFC history.

There were a few decent points during that time, I really enjoyed the season when we signed Cabaye, 11/12? Watching Benny when he was on form, watching Wijnaldun score 4 and then of course when Rafa arrived and then stayed.

The problem was that Mike Ashley often fluked his way into a half decent situation.. then would realise this and then purposely fuck it all up.. just because he could.

It will be a joyous occasion when it’s finally all done.

The two promotions (caused by reckless ownership), the season of finishing 5th but after that its been a pretty miserable time for NUFC fans.

Every time his approach got us into a position we could kick on he always seemed to be determined to prevent this from happening utterly unfathomable to me.

Welcome back.

And yeah,

Summer '09

Summer '12

January '17

Summer '18

All incredible opportunities to kick on, all denied for reasons that had fuck all to do with football.

This is going to feel very odd when Amanda Stavely finally gets into the club and starts making changes.  13 years of constant lies, misinformation, lack of information, bore holes, bin baths, paddling pools, tatty sports wear, stadium being left to rot and various muppets in and round the club commentating left right and centre about how NUFC fans should be happy.

It's going to be such a strange feeling supporting a properly run football club again. Every year of my 30s Ashley has owned the club and i've gradually given less of a s*** with each passing year. It'll be nice to spend my 40s watching us build again with genuine excitement.

There were a few decent points during that time, I really enjoyed the season when we signed Cabaye, 11/12? Watching Benny when he was on form, watching Wijnaldun score 4 and then of course when Rafa arrived and then stayed.

The problem was that Mike Ashley often fluked his way into a half decent situation.. then would realise this and then purposely fuck it all up.. just because he could.

The two promotions (caused by reckless ownership), the season of finishing 5th but after that its been a pretty miserable time for NUFC fans.

Every time his approach got us into a position we could kick on he always seemed to be determined to prevent this from happening utterly unfathomable to me.

Welcome back.

And yeah,

Summer '09

Summer '12

January '17

Summer '18

All incredible opportunities to kick on, all denied for reasons that had fuck all to do with football.

:thup:

Remember the 'accidentally competent Mike Ashley' meme around 11/12

Like that baldy cunt has any idea what’s going on. Can’t believe people still give him the time of day tbh

He doesnt. But he's just repeating what Caulkin said. Might take a week still.

One thing I hope is we dont turn against the new owners if we dont bring Rafa back, I want that dont get me wrong but f*** me if it wasnt him it can only be Poch.

I'm 100% behind any new owner and if it's not Rafa I wont change my stance, 1st priority is the end of FCB  O0

Abso-fucking-lutely.

At this point I'd even accept Bruce being kept on and given a "proper chance" until the owners realise he's shit, if that's what they decide they want to do.

Getting rid of Ashley is all that matters in the immediate short term for me.

At this point I'd even accept Bruce being kept on and given a "proper chance" until the owners realise he's shit, if that's what they decide they want to do.

Oh come on. :lol:

I mean yes, I'd accept it. I'd accept being kicked in the balls to get rid of Ashley too, but it'd be fucking horrific watching Bruce being given an army of superstars and grinding out a 9th place finish whilst the media crow over how he's turned the club around.

Just fuck no. Get rid of him on day 1. End of season at the very latest if they want to just get over the line and get someone new in the summer, but he should be sacked as soon as humanly possible and someone less resembling a human cabbage placed in charge instead, because anything else will be utterly galling.

I mean yes, I'd accept it. I'd accept being kicked in the balls to get rid of Ashley too, but it'd be fucking horrific watching Bruce being given an army of superstars and grinding out a 9th place finish whilst the media crow over how he's turned the club around.

Just fuck no. Get rid of him on day 1. End of season at the very latest if they want to just get over the line and get someone new in the summer, but he should be sacked as soon as humanly possible and someone less resembling a human cabbage placed in charge instead, because anything else will be utterly galling.

Why buy a Ferrari just to put a three-legged post-roadkill stoat at the wheel?

At this point I'd even accept Bruce being kept on and given a "proper chance" until the owners realise he's s***, if that's what they decide they want to do.

I mean yes, I'd accept it. I'd accept being kicked in the balls to get rid of Ashley too, but it'd be f***ing horrific watching Bruce being given an army of superstars and grinding out a 9th place finish whilst the media crow over how he's turned the club around.

Just f*** no. Get rid of him on day 1. End of season at the very latest if they want to just get over the line and get someone new in the summer, but he should be sacked as soon as humanly possible and someone less resembling a human cabbage placed in charge instead, because anything else will be utterly galling.

Why buy a Ferrari just to put a three-legged post-roadkill stoat at the wheel?

Not saying it's my first choice scenario clearly but yeah, I could probably take it on the chin and in good humour for a year or so knowing that the long game is going to play out so much better. I'd probably take some smug satisfaction as well from the reaction of his mates in the media as he utterly fails and they realise appointing a stottie cake on legs as manager instead of someone that knows what they're doing is in reality a shit idea.

To take the analogy further it would be a bit like watching a three-legged dead stoat driving your ferrari and crashing it into a lamppost in the smug knowledge it doesn't matter because you can afford to replace it with a hangar full of ferraris, aston martins, lamborghinis and porsches. It's frustrating in the short term but a bit funny and in the end there are no real long term consequences.

And if he somehow manages to succeed?? Fuck me, look at us, we've got a dead stoat that can drive cars.