Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is going to feel very odd when Amanda Stavely finally gets into the club and starts making changes.  13 years of constant lies, misinformation, lack of information, bore holes, bin baths, paddling pools, tatty sports wear, stadium being left to rot and various muppets in and round the club commentating left right and centre about how NUFC fans should be happy.

It's going to be such a strange feeling supporting a properly run football club again. Every year of my 30s Ashley has owned the club and i've gradually given less of a shit with each passing year. It'll be nice to spend my 40s watching us build again with genuine excitement.

The same as me, feels like 12 years just vanished from NUFC history.

This is going to feel very odd when Amanda Stavely finally gets into the club and starts making changes.  13 years of constant lies, misinformation, lack of information, bore holes, bin baths, paddling pools, tatty sports wear, stadium being left to rot and various muppets in and round the club commentating left right and centre about how NUFC fans should be happy.

It's going to be such a strange feeling supporting a properly run football club again. Every year of my 30s Ashley has owned the club and i've gradually given less of a s*** with each passing year. It'll be nice to spend my 40s watching us build again with genuine excitement.

There were a few decent points during that time, I really enjoyed the season when we signed Cabaye, 11/12? Watching Benny when he was on form, watching Wijnaldun score 4 and then of course when Rafa arrived and then stayed.

The problem was that Mike Ashley often fluked his way into a half decent situation.. then would realise this and then purposely fuck it all up.. just because he could.

It will be a joyous occasion when it’s finally all done.

It's going to be such a strange feeling supporting a properly run football club again. Every year of my 30s Ashley has owned the club and i've gradually given less of a s*** with each passing year. It'll be nice to spend my 40s watching us build again with genuine excitement.

There were a few decent points during that time, I really enjoyed the season when we signed Cabaye, 11/12? Watching Benny when he was on form, watching Wijnaldun score 4 and then of course when Rafa arrived and then stayed.

The problem was that Mike Ashley often fluked his way into a half decent situation.. then would realise this and then purposely fuck it all up.. just because he could.

The two promotions (caused by reckless ownership), the season of finishing 5th but after that its been a pretty miserable time for NUFC fans.

The two promotions (caused by reckless ownership), the season of finishing 5th but after that its been a pretty miserable time for NUFC fans.

Wasting the talent of Ben Arfa when he gave the supporters so much joy was a fucking bitter pill to swallow.

Rafa brought the feel good factor back to an extent but you knew Ashley was going to fuck it up.

The Wor Flags stuff whilst Rafa was here was absolutely tremendous as well but it felt more like a show of defiance against Ashley rather than a Borussia Dortmund style celebration.

Hopefully under the new regime we can actually enjoy those things without feeling like we're going to get screwed over when the next opportunity arises.

I've been cut off from football for a long time now, I jacked my season ticket in 2009 and then it's been a gradual decline until I reached the point where for the last 3 or 4 years I haven't even known when or who we were playing.

I couldn't stand by and watch Ashley bleed the soul from my home town club, a sporting institution that no longer saw sporting achievement as a main priority. A club that existed to scrape by doing the bare minimum.

The thought of being able to get back into supporting the club properly seems pretty surreal at the moment. That passion and expectation and believing in a club that competed to be the best it could be, whatever level that is.

It'd be amazing to have that feeling back.

I've been cut off from football for a long time now, I jacked my season ticket in 2009 and then it's been a gradual decline until I reached the point where for the last 3 or 4 years I haven't even known when or who we were playing.

I couldn't stand by and watch Ashley bleed the soul from my home town club, a sporting institution that no longer saw sporting achievement as a main priority. A club that existed to scrape by doing the bare minimum.

The thought of being able to get back into supporting the club properly seems pretty surreal at the moment. That passion and expectation and believing in a club that competed to be the best it could be, whatever level that is.

Glory supporter

Glory supporter

1992 Durham mag

Every time his approach got us into a position we could kick on he always seemed to be determined to prevent this from happening utterly unfathomable to me.

Llambias quote from years ago...

“Kevin Keegan can’t take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place,” said Llambias, before revealing that Keegan was only appointed to appease potential buyers of the club.

“Mike was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him — perfect!”

Fun88 have just tweeted then hastily deleted a gif of a can getting opened.

We are at Defcan1 lads.

Takeover means Fun88 will be gone as sponsors so I guess the one responsible for the Twitter account got a telling-off

We are at Defcan1 lads.

I’m at Defcan 2 still.

Defcan 1 is Cans.

Sky breaking news reporting Poch favourite to take over from Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are at Defcan1 lads.

I’m at Defcan 2 still.

Defcan 1 is Cans.

:pedro:

One thing I hope is we dont turn against the new owners if we dont bring Rafa back, I want that dont get me wrong but fuck me if it wasnt him it can only be Poch.

I'm 100% behind any new owner and if it's not Rafa I wont change my stance, 1st priority is the end of FCB  O0

We are at Defcan1 lads.

I’m at Defcan 2 still.

Defcan 1 is Cans.

Yes, was just about to report that. Makes the deal look like it is 'done' doesn't it !!

DSC05658_zpskotm9h2q.jpg

Same here, took me until Rafa was chucked, but since then I've completely disconnected myself from it all, for me there was no Football club left to support.  All that was left to support was the slow death of NUFC, which is not something I was prepared to do.

Now hopefully it can be something worth supporting again, doesn't even matter if its not massive spending, just back to being a actual Football club that wants to be successful.

Every time his approach got us into a position we could kick on he always seemed to be determined to prevent this from happening utterly unfathomable to me.

Always about smothering ambition, keep the costs down and let the club run itself. 

“Kevin Keegan can’t take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place,” said Llambias, before revealing that Keegan was only appointed to appease potential buyers of the club.

“Mike was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him — perfect!”

God man, Llambias  A total arse of a human being.

God man, Llambias  A total arse of a human being.

You chose the wrong 4 letter word.

The problem was that Mike Ashley often fluked his way into a half decent situation.. then would realise this and then purposely f*** it all up.. just because he could.

He just had it in for us. He probably had reasons other than advertising SD when he bought us. Impress the few mates he had and especially trying to show off to the kids who called him a fat cunt in school. It was short lived. The way it backfired on him probably jolted him back to that way of thinking once he finished school.. “I’ll show those bastards”

He was trying to reinvent himself but it had the opposite effect. Everyone knows how much of a cunt he is now. It literally couldn’t have gone any worse for him as far as public image goes.