Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Everyone just naturally expects another kick in the knackers after the last 13 years, it's a coping mechanism. Expressing doubts is fine.

Just not fucking constantly in multiple threads. That's just really, really fucking annoying :hmm:

Edwards perfectly sums up the problem with journalists onTwitter. The constant need to fill his time line to keep relevant while the public desperately lap up every empty 'update', even begging for more.

Edwards perfectly sums up the problem with journalists onTwitter. The constant need to fill his time line to keep relevant while the public desperately lap up every empty 'update', even begging for more.

Twitter really is a cancer on the world.

Twitter really is a cancer on the world.

Fair. :thup:

It's happening, its just half of the forum have the collective composure of a 12 year old school girl.

I don't think it's unreasonable to have limited compsure when we have the last 13 years worth of experience to go by. If Ashley can push it too far, can negatively influence it, can think he knows better than everyone else then he'll find a way to fuck it.

As for all the questions about whether he can kill the deal it. In my experience, the devil will be in the detail of the SPA but my gut feel is that the answer is no (whilst PCP have exclusivity - this is rumoured to end by mid May) my feeling is that after that point there's a strong possibility that all bets will be off re: prior commitments and PCP go back to the wider bidding pool and could be beaten by A.N Other.

I suspect therefore that PCP will need to PL Test completed by end of next week at the latest to allow time for the funds to move.

If there's no leaks that the PL tests have succeeded by then, then I'd predict more volume from the buying side, more rumours from the selling side about other buyers and a complete clusterfuck.

Kanji[/member] - agree?

Yep, agree. It becomes very odd situation if exclusivity expires, PL has approved and PCP hasn't completed with the Closing via money wire and signed transfer of club on both ends.

My feeling here is we'll be done in a matter of 24-48 hours after PL approval. They need to hurry the fuck up. It's really not on MA or PCP right now.

Edwards going for his daily intake of attention.

Trying to break it down rationally.... why are the next 7 days crucial?  Could of said last Saturday that the next 7 days are crucial.  We could be at same 'stage' next Saturday and say the next 7 are crucial.  Is this because of 4 weeks from the 9th April?  Do we know for a fact when the PL checks started?  And like many have said, the current circumstances will no doubt have some kind of impact on timescales.

'Some sort of response'? From Ashley?  At this stage what response can he give apart from telling the PL to pull their finger out?  He can't call Amanda & co tyrekickers because they've fulfilled all obligations on the buyers side.  Is there a period of exclusivity in the current sale agreement?  i.e. after a certain period of time can he speak to other would-be buyers? Even if there is PL checks going on?..... Is he gonna come out like wee brat from the willy Wonka film and stamp his feet in his XXXXL jeans? 

Phew!  Glad Luke remains confident.  That's a big weight of my mind.  Prick! 

There has to be progress?  Oh, really.  why's that?  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we all want this completed and signed off by all parties asap but just because a twat journo and some keyboard jockeys on Twitwank 'demand' for progress..... fuck off!!  This is a mega deal involved big sums and numerous parties involved.  Things will just take time. 

Stay calm?  Again, the wise old owl has spoken.  Telling folk to stay calm but in the same breath basically telling fans to be anxious for the next 7 days.  Oh, and keep coming back to check my timeline for updates cos even though it's so fucking obvious that I know fuck all stevie wonder could see it.

Oh, but he remains convinced it will be sold so just ignore everything he's said. 

If you've got nothing useful to say son, just shut the fuck up.

I think the argument being made for next 7 days being crucial is that by that point we are only 5/6 days from exclusivity being over.

That's a huge milestone imho.

Ashley, as it stands, is pretty much locked in. Nowhere to go. Unable to play any significant games.

After exclusivity expires then boom! Everything is back on the table.

Price can go up, lower offers could potentially be made(!), terms can be completely thrown up in the air etc etc.

I can see why Edwards, the cock, is making the point and I agree with him (urgh).

If we hear no news of major progress by this time next week it will not be far off panic stations and with good reason imho.

I think the argument being made for next 7 days being crucial is that by that point we are only 5/6 days from exclusivity being over.

Ashley, as it stands, is pretty much locked in. Nowhere to go. Unable to play any significant games.

Price can go up, lower offers could potentially be made(!), terms can be completely thrown up in the air etc etc.

I can see why Edwards, the cock, is making the point and I agree with him (urgh).

If we hear no news of major progress by this time next week it will not be far off panic stations and with good reason imho.

Makes no difference. There isn't anyone else waiting in the wings.

You lot are mental. Stop worrying FFS.

When has anything ever been straight forward with this fat cunt?

People have a legitimate right to be nervous. Especially with what could be at stake.

No validity to the second bidder claims?

They've come from fairly reliable sources, no?

Where has this exclusivity actually come from? Has it actually been confirmed ?

No but widely reported from journos representing both sides iirc.

Cheers, the only place I have seen it mentioned is here.

Unfortunately that didn't stop Ashley calling her a time waster 2 1/2 years ago though.

No validity to the second bidder claims?

They've come from fairly reliable sources, no?

Just noise. A bloke from America that no one has ever heard of and his background suggests wouldn't be able to afford a Premier League football club.

Unfortunately that didn't stop Ashley calling her a time waster 2 1/2 years ago though.

Make no difference. Hadn't had a bid accepted and a deal done subject to Premier League approval then.

PL need to hurry the fuck up

I suspect they dont want to be seen to rushing this through. Bare in mind the backlash they will receive once they have completed the checks.

On the other hand, the checks may have been completed. Presumably the PL will want it kept quiet until the takeover is done, in order to deflect some of the scrutiny.