Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

OR HAS IT etc

Well just for a start the Premier League would not have responded with that letter to Amnesty if it hadn't.

A Sunderland fans forum saying its off  :lol:

Yet no respected journalists or TV channels have the same info. , why so many of us on there as well wtf is that all about man.

Well the Mackem ITKs on RTG are saying the deal is off  :rolleyes: ....this post actually from a Mag who frequently kisses their arse...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/march-to-may-2020-newcastle-ufc.1507830/post-31609679

This

Well the Mackem ITKs on RTG are saying the deal is off  :rolleyes: ....this post actually from a Mag who frequently kisses their arse...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/march-to-may-2020-newcastle-ufc.1507830/post-31609679

Have I missed the official time span for these things like?! When he posted this it had been with them for exactly three weeks FFS!

“This isn’t me ITK at all just what I’ve heard. The huge delay in an announcement” certainly suggests it though.”

I am prepared to be slated for this.....

We know the vast majority of us want the takeover to go ahead, and most on here were hoping/expecting it to happen this week - now it's next week.

Many are quoting things like 'Why is it taking so long for the Premier League to give approval'.....

So,.........have the PL ever admitted in person, that it has received a completed and accepted offer and is checking to see if it is compliant with Fit and Proper Persons???

Because if they haven't everything else is nothing but hope and speculation. HTT saying 5.00pm on Friday for example. 'Trust me I know'. 'This is going to happen'

Is it?? Please, facts only in your replies!!!!

A Sunderland fans forum saying its off  :lol:

Yet no respected journalists or TV channels have the same info. , why so many of us on there as well wtf is that all about man.

Half of them are just their fans trying to pose as our fans.

As for saying it’s off. I saw that last night, it’s part of their fingers in the ears strategy.

They are in a denial stage, well always are.

They have gone from denying there would be a takeover, to denying it would be with rich people, to denying it will pass the Premier League checks, to denying it will be concluded.

When it is announced, there will be a denial about how it’s relevant either to have a takeover, or relevant to them because they need to focus on themselves.

We know the vast majority of us want the takeover to go ahead, and most on here were hoping/expecting it to happen this week - now it's next week.

Many are quoting things like 'Why is it taking so long for the Premier League to give approval'.....

So,.........have the PL ever admitted in person, that it has received a completed and accepted offer and is checking to see if it is compliant with Fit and Proper Persons???

Because if they haven't everything else is nothing but hope and speculation. HTT saying 5.00pm on Friday for example. 'Trust me I know'. 'This is going to happen'

Yes, they replied to Amnesty informing them about the bid.

EWOEdh5XYAEMstV?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m still quite calm. If it’s not done in the coming two weeks, I’ll start to worry.

This basically. Anything after mid May and it would be a concern.

Is the word putative not the thing to take from that?

Or by the very fact they replied a good thing?

I'm not sure if that's confirmation or not? I'm lost!

We have reasonable evidence to suggest the takeover is happing and is in the final stages.

This is from press reports by people like Caulkin who has some sort of line of contact with Staveley, Companies House documents, and of course the Premier League inadvertently confirming they are carrying out D&O tests.

As for when it will be finalised, all of this is guess work.

The assumption is that it will be announced when the money is transferred over. This isn’t taking into account the possibility that they might try and postpone an announcement to try and prevent people from gathering at SJP or having house parties during lockdown.

It is also going by a timeline which is the best case scenario. So last week was when people thought it would have been completed, doing last week would have meant that it was only 2-3 weeks worth of checks, which is optimistic. It also doesn’t take into account that 2 of the days were bank holidays, and of course the process could be slowed by the lack of staff working for both the Premier League and agencies that they may use.

This upcoming week represents the final week of how long a test can take during normal times. The tests could be done now, they could be done next week. If they are done next week, then we could still be looking into the week after for the transfer of funds to be completed.

You also have to factor in that it is likely that they new owners will want to tell as much staff and players they can before releasing a public statement.

It would be so Newcastle United to announce the sale is complete on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be more Newcastle United to announce the sale was off on a weekend when people least expect it.

This. The most Newcastle United thing would be for Ashley to announce he is staying.

Leaving us all looking like the biggest fools in world football.

The only way he is staying is if the Premier League knock the takeover back or if the remaining amount is not paid into his account. He would be facing a massive lawsuit if he 'announced' he is staying when a legal agreement is in place.

OK I'll entertain you..show me actual evidence that a legal agreement for the sale is in place that he can't back out of. The document uploaded to companies house does not prove a sale is agreed with no way for him to back out. We are led to believe he can't back out by the same press that has led us to believe he has been about to sell for 12 years. But I haven't seen irrefutable proof of this, and neither have you.

What proof can we possibly provide? The actual SPA documentation showing Mike Ashley cannot pull out?

Russel's teapot here - the burden of proof is on you.

:lol:

After failed takeover after failed takeover, it would be reasonable to wait for irrefutable proof before declaring that we are sold.

I also haven't stated that there Ashley can back out, just that it would be sensible to wait and see how this all plays out. It's Godzilla who is convinced of something he can't prove...reminds me of BZG last year now come to think of it.

The fact is none of us know whether it's legally binding for Ashley to be forced to sell or not.

But oh no...

Yes, and I'm asking what proof do you want?

The PL have already confirmed that this is being reviewed by them, so we now know an SPA has been agreed - it would not get to the PL had this not been in place. That is a fact.

What are you implying with that in bold then?

BZG didnt get to the PL stage. The PL openly denied it.

The PL used the word "putative", so no they didn't confirm anything.

Show me where the PL stated BZG didn't get to owners and directors tests? They didn't get that far, but the pl never "openly denied it".

FWIW I'M not saying this isn't going to happen, just waiting for proof rather than getting carried away (as has happened repeatedly in the past).

And I'm implying with the bit in bold, that we have no guarantee Ashley is locked into a sale. We are trusting Staveley's word for this (via Caulkin).

I accept you don't want to hear all this, but we are not sold yet, and we don't know if Ashley can back out of the sale.

"Putative" ffs...that isn't confirmation of anything.

It would be so Newcastle United to announce the sale is complete on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be more Newcastle United to announce the sale was off on a weekend when people least expect it.

This. The most Newcastle United thing would be for Ashley to announce he is staying.

Leaving us all looking like the biggest fools in world football.

The only way he is staying is if the Premier League knock the takeover back or if the remaining amount is not paid into his account. He would be facing a massive lawsuit if he 'announced' he is staying when a legal agreement is in place.

OK I'll entertain you..show me actual evidence that a legal agreement for the sale is in place that he can't back out of. The document uploaded to companies house does not prove a sale is agreed with no way for him to back out. We are led to believe he can't back out by the same press that has led us to believe he has been about to sell for 12 years. But I haven't seen irrefutable proof of this, and neither have you.

What proof can we possibly provide? The actual SPA documentation showing Mike Ashley cannot pull out?

Russel's teapot here - the burden of proof is on you.

After failed takeover after failed takeover, it would be reasonable to wait for irrefutable proof before declaring that we are sold.

I also haven't stated that there Ashley can back out, just that it would be sensible to wait and see how this all plays out. It's Godzilla who is convinced of something he can't prove...reminds me of BZG last year now come to think of it.

The fact is none of us know whether it's legally binding for Ashley to be forced to sell or not.

But oh no...

You are an absolute clown

Well if you weren't a clown we would already be owned by BZG...remember falling for that one?

Show me where it is legally binding...oh you can't, so you had to attack the poster.

Is the word putative not the thing to take from that?

Or by the very fact they replied a good thing?

I'm not sure if that's confirmation or not? I'm lost!

What is the matter with you all? “Putative” is just a posh twat word for prospective / potential / forthcoming. They cannot say “the Newcastle United takeover” because the takeover hasn’t happened. That, like every letter any big company sends for PR purposes, is drafted by a lawyer. The lawyer’s brief is to ensure that the FA won’t get bitten in the arse / sued. Therefore, the letter exercises caution, because this is a very expensive and complicated thing and there are very strict confidentiality etc rules all parties to it must follow.

In all seriousness there must be something better for you available to do.

For the panicers. It's been said before but the Saudi minister of Sport and MBS' half brother now follow the official NUFC Twitter account. These are verified accounts, why would they do that all of a sudden? Would these people risk embarrassment by doing this and getting egg over their face by the sale falling through? The fact that they are following NUFC suggests this is going to get done.