Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Hearing that the Premier League are preparing to reject the proposal but will leave the door open for PIF to purchase or invest in a club in the future subject to them clearing what will be a modified owners/directors test. All should be clearer by the weekend  :sad:

Unless you know someone who works at the PL, how could you possibly know that?

I'm of the belief that the deal is on solid ground as far as the fit and proper.  My concern is that Ashley will get impatient and want his money or try to get more money because the process has slowed.

I can't stand the man and can't wait until he's really gone

Hearing that the Premier League are preparing to reject the proposal but will leave the door open for PIF to purchase or invest in a club in the future subject to them clearing what will be a modified owners/directors test. All should be clearer by the weekend  :sad:

Unless you know someone who works at the PL, how could you possibly know that?

Well, he doesn't basically :lol:

Although the PL basically saying 'buy someone else' sounds about right :lol:

Hearing from who ? Say your right that would would be convenient where not happy with you investing in nufc, but come back in for Man U or liverpool and we’ll waive it through.

Guest The Little Waster

Hearing that the Premier League are preparing to reject the proposal but will leave the door open for PIF to purchase or invest in a ( nother ) club in the future subject to them clearing what will be a modified owners/directors test. All should be clearer by the weekend  :sad:

Corrected ?

That makes no sense, so they are going to fail the current test but get told to bid again in the future which will involve a more stringent test than the one they failed?  ???  ???

That makes no sense, so they are going to fail the current test but get told to bid again in the future which will involve a more stringent test than the one they failed?  ???  ???

It’s fuckin nonsense. Don’t give it the time of day

Nice try :lol:

Whichever side you're on in this, the same rules apply:

If posted words do not meet your agenda, they're fucking nonsense.

If posted words do meet your agenda, then I fucking told you so.

:lol:

The same Steve McLaren who was sacked from the Derby job three weeks before he took the NUFC job? Nice of Derby to make it so easy for us and pay his contract up rather than ask for compensation ?

Hearing from who?

The same person who told me Steve McClaren had already agreed to be the next NUFC manager 3 months before he got the job. Stuck £100 on him @ 12/1. Happy days.

Alright, Jay.

Get tae fuck man

Hearing from who?

The same person who told me Steve McClaren had already agreed to be the next NUFC manager 3 months before he got the job. Stuck £100 on him @ 12/1. Happy days.

Wait he agreed to take the job 3 months before he did, yet turned it down for the last 3 games of the season a month and a half before he finally took the job? Aye nae bother :lol:

Hearing from who?

The lad he sniffs glue in the Hall grounds with.

It’s happening. No concerns. Timescales were anticipated from the offset.

Guest Butcher

giphy.gif

The same Steve McLaren who was sacked from the Derby job three weeks before he took the NUFC job? Nice of Derby to make it so easy for us and pay his contract up rather than ask for compensation ?

Don't believe me if you don't want to. Makes no odds to me mate. McClaren was sounded out about the NUFC job long before he took it.

If this new evidence has come from Sky then I think we are screwed. I have a really bad feeling about this now.

Christ, you are relentlessly pessimistic

So on what part of the current owners test are the PL going to "reject the proposal"?

Sounds like you are implying that they are going to be rejected under current test as it is but will be allowed to basically 'reapply ' at a later date under a "modified" test?!?!?!

If they fail it today how can they pass it in 3 months time unless it's made easier which makes no fucking sense.