Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

So 24 hours after yesterday's hysteria we are still no further forward and heading into another long weekend of silence. I will be genuinely shocked if this ever happens like. I'm already preparing myself for Ashley and Bruce next season. Just feels like this takeover isn't meant to be. I mean can anyone actually picture it happening!?

Cold harsh truth is if this was going to happen it would have by now.

I wish your face was silent

I mean can anyone actually picture it happening!?

Yes, once the Premier League figures out how to re-start.

We're absolutely on the back burner right now and have been for weeks.

I did say that about 3 weeks ago too and got laughed at saying it had nothing to do with that

Doesn't fit anyone's agenda to be fair.

So 24 hours after yesterday's hysteria we are still no further forward and heading into another long weekend of silence. I will be genuinely shocked if this ever happens like. I'm already preparing myself for Ashley and Bruce next season. Just feels like this takeover isn't meant to be. I mean can anyone actually picture it happening!?

I wish your face was silent

:lol: :lol:

I agree, what a fanny man.

:spit:

You laugh but let's wait and see. I bet I'm proven right in time

Suppose you did turn out to be correct having goaded us for weeks.....what will you get out of it.....the rest of us will be gutted....how will you feel?

Devastated. Sickened.

I haven't goaded anyone I'm just offering some balance to the hysteria. People are getting far too carried away over the tiniest of things and looking for messages that aren't there. I'm just saying people need to be prepared for the possibility that this won't happen.

Suppose you did turn out to be correct having goaded us for weeks.....what will you get out of it.....the rest of us will be gutted....how will you feel?

Devastated. Sickened.

I haven't goaded anyone I'm just offering some balance to the hysteria. People are getting far too carried away over the tiniest of things and looking for messages that aren't there. I'm just saying people need to be prepared for the possibility that this won't happen.

There's definitely only one person in here being hysterical

Chronicle reporting that the takeover is now in the final stage of the Fit and Proper test, with the next step being approval.

They're probably only now catching up with yesterday's hysteria. They'll be back to articles about delays tomorrow.

Devastated. Sickened.

Fair enough...nice to hear you’d be as gutted as the rest of us.

Tell you what, Keith Bishop has really outdone himself this time.

Have I missed something? Why does Keith Bishop always crop up? :lol:

because he's apparently some pr mastermind able to puppet the entire world media to his whims instead of someone not very good at his job since the very most you'll get towards ashley from any nufc is a frustrated tolerance and the vast majority hate him

'there might be a few legal issues, depending on your view'

What the f*** is that meant to mean? Surely your view doesnt matter when it comes to the legality of something, its either legal or it isn't.

Unless I'm just reading that wrong.

It's how the world works. If you don't like something and can afford it one way of trying to stop it is to employ the best lawyers around to go searching for other legitimate legal reasons to try and stop something.

Yes I understand they can get people to search for any legal issues, but that's not a matter of your view is it? Your view could be 'that's illegal' but the law says 'no its not', and that's the end of it.  Just saying that a persons view makes no odds to how legal something is, so don't understand why he said it.

Well it does. Because the law isn't as straight forward as that. You often get top Queens Counsel arguing different interpretations of the law, for example.

Fair enough :thup:

Always assumed with stuff like this (epl checks with set rules) that it would be either legal or illegal. Don't know enough about it to be disagreeing.

I get the feeling that a lot of football people including officials, would love to stop this takeover going through, if only because they know it is going to cause a hue and cry with other big clubs who are worried about a new big player in the PL. Problem for the PL is that it would open a can of worms to knock this back unless there is absolutely rock solid legal reasoning behind it. It would have been a lot easier if so many other foreign investors hadn't already opened the road and been welcomed with their riches.

Devastated. Sickened.

For someone with the word Silent in his name, you dont half bang on. To be fair, I outed you as a WUM a fortnight ago.

At least you have stopped talking about "project restart" holding things up. I'm glad you have dropped that ridiculous notion.  :lol: :lol:

It's just a shame now you are saying it wont happen, despite the fact that it is 95% done.

Guest Carrick18

So, what's the state of play? It's on, it's off? I feel like this place has touched both poles in the last 24 hours.