Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

But the takeover isn't by KSA, it's PIF

Whose chairman owns the f***ing country.

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

I've been saying this for weeks.

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

Stop posting in text speak, what's with the "ur" and "u"?

thx bb xoxo

u ok hun?

nb thx lol evry1 hvin fun in here? tb

But the takeover isn't by KSA, it's PIF

Whose chairman owns the f***ing country.

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

I've been saying this for weeks.

ur getting insufferable now, spewing the same drivel every day,u seem the type who would say i told u so, and gloat over a rejection..there will be no sign of u here when it goes through , same as that other serial poster penn

Stop posting in text speak, what's with the "ur" and "u"?

thx bb xoxo

u ok hun?

Guest reefatoon

Looks like Luke Edwards has calmed down a bit.

He was directed to Flight Radar. Works a charm.

The WTO report will be released at 3pm.

2e5TXTF.gif

Is it a public release or to interested parties only?

I've not a clue to be honest. Assume it's on their website and available to online account holders but that's just a complete guess.

Question, is MBS classed as a head of state, if so isn't there an international law that states a head of state cannot be prosecuted or found guilty for actions carried out as the head of state.  In which case can MBS be found to be culpable of any act that would provide an obstacle to passing the O&D tests?

Guest godzilla

Looks like ingle still reckons it’ll say Saudis behind piracy.

No point in speculating, we will just have to see what happens. We're not even sure if the report is even actually going to be made public today or just going to the interested parties.

Guest reefatoon

The WTO report will be released at 3pm.

Sorry for assuming this was part of the tedious ongoing patter.  :lol:

:lol: I was the same

Looks like ingle still reckons it’ll say Saudis behind piracy.

But we’ve known that they’re behind the piracy for months. I don’t understand why this report will make any difference.

The PL will be using it as leverage to end piracy in that region.

Still 100% believe the takeover will happen...just have no idea when.

"spewing the same drivel" = linking and referring to actual clauses of the owner and directors' test, relating that to the personnel involved in PIF, and saying there'll be problems. Which I've said from day 1, and oh look, there's now problems.

Just because you don't want to believe there are problems, and that this will therefore likely fail, doesn't mean that my posts are drivel. Especially as the things I've said look like they might well happen. Sorry for not toeing the "mindless optimism" line and just spending my time writing "CANS!" and speculating on what players we'll buy with our billions whilst shouting that PIF and SA are separate so this can't possibly fail. I didn't realise that was the only thing anyone was allowed to post in here, sorry.

I've said repeatedly I'll be delighted to be wrong. I'm not saying the test WILL fail, I'm saying I EXPECT it to fail based on my understanding of the PL's Owner and directors' test. It might still pass, and I sincerely hope it does. I'll be posting on here if it does pass, of course I will. Why wouldn't I? And I certainly won't be gloating if I'm correct and the test fails because as a fan I'll be as gutted as anyone.

And with that I'm done. I'll just read from now until there's a decision one way or the other, this has taken enough of my life over the past 3 months and like everyone I'm utterly exhausted by it.

"spewing the same drivel" = linking and referring to actual clauses of the owner and directors' test, relating that to the personnel involved in PIF, and saying there'll be problems. Which I've said from day 1, and oh look, there's now problems.

Just because you don't want to believe there are problems, and that this will therefore likely fail, doesn't mean that my posts are drivel. Especially as the things I've said look like they might well happen. Sorry for not toeing the "mindless optimism" line and just spending my time writing "CANS!" and speculating on what players we'll buy with our billions whilst shouting that PIF and SA are separate so this can't possibly fail. I didn't realise that was the only thing anyone was allowed to post in here, sorry.

I've said repeatedly I'll be delighted to be wrong. I'm not saying the test WILL fail, I'm saying I EXPECT it to fail based on my understanding of the PL's Owner and directors' test. It might still pass, and I sincerely hope it does. I'll be posting on here if it does pass, of course I will. Why wouldn't I? And I certainly won't be gloating if I'm correct and the test fails because as a fan I'll be as gutted as anyone.

And with that I'm done. I'll just read from now until there's a decision one way or the other, this has taken enough of my life over the past 3 months and like everyone I'm utterly exhausted by it.

Look after yourself.

I think the club needs an answer one way or another.  They have to be able to get back to business, such as it is.  If the PIF gets rejected what are the next steps?  Obviously PIF can appeal but what can happen?  Is the NDA lifted?  Can MA discuss other potential suitors?  Can other offers be submitted?  Data room?  EPL vetting, if even preliminary?

Guest godzilla

Already been discussed on here a few times

If they where being viewed as separate, would this not have been passed long ago.

Maybe the report does or does not mention PIF and as such they are waiting for the report to make their decision based on this. Nobody knows what is happening, we all just have to wait and see.