Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You literally took my comment and said “it sounds like” inferring your opinion. In no way did I ever write what you did. Nor was inferring it.

"But piracy in a world where its rampant and the main opposition to it in this takeover's case is KSA's biggest rival smells like pure trash to me"

"I hope PIF focus all their efforts at building a team to beat PSG in Europe"

You literally wrote those sentences, I wasn't inferring anything

Which still has nothing to do with "supporting Saudi Arabia in their battle against Qatar"

I really don't think this report is as important as being made out like :lol:

I think in the current vacuum of information regarding the takeover that people are bound to leap on anything that is vaguely relevant.

You literally took my comment and said “it sounds like” inferring your opinion. In no way did I ever write what you did. Nor was inferring it.

"But piracy in a world where its rampant and the main opposition to it in this takeover's case is KSA's biggest rival smells like pure trash to me"

Which still has nothing to do with "supporting Saudi Arabia in their battle against Qatar"

So what is the PSG comment about then? Clearly a Saudi vs. Qatar reference

It's not. Also if Qatar do make an announcement (expected apparently) on the takeover i'm guessing it will be weirdly in our favour (also see KSA & PIF as separate entities as well.) as they simply want the piracy issues stopped, not the takeover blocked. They are simply using it as leverage and to get the attention of the PL.

I think in the end we will all win.

If the takeover doesn't go through, the blame doesn't lie with the WTO, BEin, Qatar, British tabloids, the Premier League, Richard Masters or lefty journalists on Twitter, it lies with our prospective owners-  who've pretty obviously done basically everything they've been accused of and put themselves in a position where they can't buy Premier League clubs.  I want it to happen, but it'll do so on the basis of the Premier League wilfully turning a blind eye for cash.

From a football point of view yeah. Anything else and you're doing exactly what he's saying you're doing, putting words in his mouth.

Bet there's still no change in a month's time.

C A L M everyone.

The Takeover will be announced very soon . . .

A beautiful snapshot of this thread :)

Yes indeed!!

Some overreactions to 'fake news' on here (he trumped!)

But seriously, the successful takeover WILL be announced soon now!

From a football point of view yeah. Anything else and you're doing exactly what he's saying you're doing, putting words in his mouth.

But I don't think it should be about Saudi Arabia trying to be better than Qatar at running a football club for fans. It should be about making Newcastle as good as possible

C A L M everyone.

Yes indeed!!

What drink you got in to celebrate?

It's probably not, and the release won't come with the geet humongous epiphany that some are anticipating either.  Strongly suspect that come half three nobody will be any the fucking wiser as to how this will play out.  There'll be a shitload of noise from the press, but we've already had two months of that.  It'll be nothing but speculation, as it has all been so far.

But I don't think it should be about Saudi Arabia trying to be better than Qatar at running a football club for fans. It should be about making Newcastle as good as possible

How do you think that will happen if the deal falls through? Or does as good as possible just mean fairly shit in your world?

I'm sure it can be about both.

How do you think that will happen if the deal falls through? Or does as good as possible just mean fairly shit in your world?

I'm not talking about the deal falling through. If Saudi Arabia take over, it should be about being as good as possible. Fans getting involved in some rivalry against PSG would be cringeworthy

If Starforth is right and the Qatari’s are going to issue a summary and view on takeover, surely the fuc#%rs are overstepping the mark.

This is supposedly meant to be a private and confidential test, surely it would sound alarm bells with premier league.

No partner of the league should be able to exert this much influence, it would be an extreme case of the tail wagging the dog.

Literally every NUFC fan should be able to see that Saudi Arabia are well out of order in all of this. It's clear as day. Human rights. Piracy. The lot.

Why anyone would feel the need to defend them or blame others for scuppering the deal is beyond me. If the deal fails, it's absolutely unequivocally the fault of Saudi Arabia... no one else.

Any NUFC fan defending them or blaming it on anyone else just proves that sportswashing works. Or just proves that blind loyalty trumps common sense.

For the record, I still hope it goes through from a sporting perspective, but I'd struggle to criticise the PL or anyone else if it didn't.

C A L M everyone.

Yes indeed!!

What drink you got in to celebrate?

Glenmorangie