Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Not to mention that there have already been rumours of the PL breaching confidentiality by discussing the takeover with both BeIN as well as Hatice Cengiz...

Yeah... except you literally just made that up. Replying to a letter saying you're taking all things into consideration is not breaking confidentiality  :lol:

Don't give two shites about the PL communicating with the fans, but we're now at a two month delay and counting, and that's a bloody long time in football. Players are getting snapped up, deals for current players are having to be made that perhaps wouldn't have happened before Twe run the risk of losing Matty Longstaff if this drags on longer.

To say that the PL aren't looking a bit incompetent at this point is ridiculous.

Don't give two shites about the PL communicating with the fans, but we're now at a two month delay and counting, and that's a bloody long time in football. Players are getting snapped up, deals for current players are having to be made that perhaps wouldn't have happened before Twe run the risk of losing Matty Longstaff if this drags on longer.

To say that the PL aren't looking a bit incompetent at this point is ridiculous.

Funny how everyone (Media) was so concerned at the start the our club is going to be used for sports washing, yet the ones that have used us are the PL to settle scores in the Middle East and get a better grip on their IP. Not once have we been considered in all this by the PL and not once have anyone in the media pointed out how badly used the club has been during the process. They couldn’t care who owns us, what they do with us, whether they owners abuse the fans loyalty or milk the club dry. All they are concerned about is themselves, their product and how much more money they can bring in for themselves.

It does feel a bit ironic that one of the ways some of us have tried to get over the unsavoury buyer aspect is trying to tell ourselves that football is a business just like any other it doesn't belong to the fans anymore blah blah blah, and now some are complaining that the PL don't care about the feelings of the fans. Not that I'm calling out anyone in here as contradicting themselves, purely as I can't/don't care enough to keep up with who's on what side of what argument on here.

I'm leaning on the side of the Saudis having been given an initial no but with a to do list that will grant them a yes once complete. If that's the case, my only question is if it would've been more beneficial to put out some sort of statement to that point, or if it would've caused more issues with that being out in the open whilst waiting for the Saudis to make the necessary changes. Probably would've just enraged portions of the fanbase with even more vehement push back from the groups opposing the takeover.

Quite honestly, unless this really has taken forever due to incompetence from one party or another, I don't think they would've been on anyone's good side no matter what route they chose to take as far as clarity and frequency of updates.

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two fucks, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

Correct on some points, wrong on others.

Basically, we are members of the Premier League and should have been treated with RESPECT.

It is too late now, for that.

There would have been no reason for them not to communicate with us, once or twice, without them breaking ANY 'confidentiality'.

Too late now, we know our place.

There's a lot of incredibly entitled people on here, saying the PL are "being unreasonable" or that the "delays are unacceptable". Give over.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but it has fuck all to do with us as fans and we have zero right to hear anything from the PL, and they're absolutely within their rights to take as long as they want to come to a decision without telling us anything.

People even talking about pressurising the PL to make a decision ffs, what decision do you think that'll be then? "Oh, you're not happy with us continuing to try to resolve this and you want to know today? OK then: No".

Have a word with yourselves.

People and organisations do not just have to do the "bare minimum" in life, there is never a need or requirement to just only do the bare minimum, ever.

It is about "standards of behaviour" (ie, respect) and that should govern how a decent organisation behaves.

THAT is what I mean, doing only what is absolutely required of you (the bare minimum) is not how this important organisation called the Premier League should behave!!

(that is not us fans - or me in particular - 'behaving entitled', we should expect more/better)

Fans don’t matter, but they should. Remember when the retail companies were going bust and getting bailed out and everyone was in uproar about how theirs orders had been cancelled and they got refunds, their gift cards were no longer valid, and they couldn’t return faulty items? Back then the customers mattered in the eyes of the press and the public. Our club is in a similar position. Our fans can’t get refunds for tickets they have bought, players maybe out of contract, heck, we probably don’t have a lead sponsor signed up for next season, all because this takeover is being delayed by the Premier League.

Ok so the 2-4 weeks rule was only a guideline, but they can’t go 3 times as long as that, that’s just not right at all. They also can’t use the pandemic as an excuse as they have even said that it’s not impacted the process.

They are taking the piss, and even though we technically don’t have any rights, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t.

Funny how everyone (Media) was so concerned at the start the our club is going to be used for sports washing, yet the ones that have used us are the PL to settle scores in the Middle East and get a better grip on their IP. Not once have we been considered in all this by the PL and not once have anyone in the media pointed out how badly used the club has been during the process. They couldn’t care who owns us, what they do with us, whether they owners abuse the fans loyalty or milk the club dry. All they are concerned about is themselves, their product and how much more money they can bring in for themselves.

The worst thing is that's seen as the way it should be by some people on here.

I honestly can’t see anyway that this has been rejected already and they are now working through it again with the premier league. There is no way Ashley would have kept quiet if it had been rejected IMO, he would have taken his money and negotiating would have started over again.

I honestly can’t see anyway that this has been rejected already and they are now working through it again with the premier league. There is no way Ashley would have kept quiet if it had been rejected IMO, he would have taken his money and negotiating would have started over again.

it's part of the process man, there's a 21 day period with which the buyer is allowed to take action to rectify whatever it is that disqualified them

it's part of the process man, there's a 21 day period with which the buyer is allowed to take action to rectify whatever it is that disqualified them

So it’s not a full rejection, because that in itself would allow Ashley to walk away from it and keep the deposit.

Guest godzilla

It would have been leaked if it had

It would have been leaked if it had

Agreed there.

So it’s not a full rejection, because that in itself would allow Ashley to walk away from it and keep the deposit.

i don't think any of us really know but according to those rules someone posted a few days ago (so about 300 pages or so) there were a few parts of the procedure that meant it isn't a hard no unless i guess the buyer says fuck you to the PL or summit, if they want to change what disqualified them they have the chance within the rules

i don't think any of us really know but according to those rules someone posted a few days ago (so about 300 pages or so) there were a few parts of the procedure that meant it isn't a hard no unless i guess the buyer says fuck you to the PL or summit, if they want to change what disqualified them they have the chance within the rules

Even if that is the case then, surely we would be coming to the end of the 21 day period, based of how long everything has taken, and the piracy changes SA have made.

Even if that is the case then, surely we would be coming to the end of the 21 day period, based of how long everything has taken, and the piracy changes SA have made.

would to think so aye, logic would suggest all the anti piracy stuff that SA peddled out in a short space of time was related post-WTO report, but who knows though :lol:

I’m at the stage where I don’t care if these turn out to be shit or not. I just want to have a bit of hope again even if it is in vain.

I agree with both sides of the argument here to be honest. The PL have made a bit of a hash of this, they've allowed BeIn to have more power than they should, there should be a window of opportunity for any grievances from outside and then put up or shut up, then the PL deal with the issues given to them and allow the potential new owners to rectify it/answer to it.

They don't have to answer to the feelings of every fan, they should however be able to give some indication as to how far along they are or what delays we might expect without giving away any sensitive information. I think there's a healthy middle ground that hasn't been met, it doesn't help that we have a mute for an owner, if Ashley has been told anything we'd be the last to know.

I'm still fairly confident, if they thought they could fail PIF on the issues raised, it would have already been failed.

We have no more right to information than customers of any other organisation involved in takeover talks.

If Halfords were being bought out and you got your MOT there every year, you'd have no right to know how far along the takeover was. This is no different. Sure, we're more emotionally invested, but the legalities are the same. We have no right to know anything and whilst I'm sick to my back teeth of this dragging out, they're quite right to tell us nothing. It is, in the very literal sense of the words, none of our business.

Also, people saying it's incompetence that it's taking so long.... The ONLY reason it's taking so long is to give SA a chance to put their shit in order. The only way this could possibly be concluded quicker is by NOT giving that opportunity. Knowing what we know, there's no way they could pass this test without making a lot of changes and concessions, and they take time.