Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I don't think football matches at SJP has delayed this like. :lol:

They're just not done with the negotiations with the Saudis yet over piracy. As soon as that's either concluded to the PL's satisfaction, or the Saudis say "No, we're not doing that", then we'll have a resolution. Until then, it'll drag on.

Nor do I, just sick of this shit so that's a good a reason as any  :lol:

How long can they really drag it on for? We're going to need it done for the transfer window unless we want to risk going down next season. Once the window opens there will be huge pressure on the PL to get this done.

How long can they really drag it on for? We're going to need it done for the transfer window unless we want to risk going down next season. Once the window opens there will be huge pressure on the PL to get this done.

That’s the thing, they can literally take as long as they want, there is no time limit on it and they aren’t answerable to anyone.

Back to answering questions, I mean they really are taking the p#ss.

Why this was key in the NUFC takeover...

NUFC editor Mark Douglas speaking on The Everything is Black and White Podcast had this to say on last night's episode about the takeover and calls for clarity.

"What it reflects is a frustration that something didn't happen last week.

"I said on last week's podcast, there was definitely a feeling within the group and even people around the club and others involved in this deal that there was going to be a decision.

"There was massive confidence within the consortium that it would be done, they would get the approval, the money would start to transfer and the feeling was that this week they would be finally able to announce it and have all the media things they want to do.

"The fact that nothing was said, and I believe they are back to dealing with answering questions on things, suggests there is a frustration there."

That’s the thing, they can literally take as long as they want, there is no time limit on it and they aren’t answerable to anyone.

I’m sure it would get to a point where the Saudis would ask our government to tell them to get a move on tbh

I’m sure it would get to a point where the Saudis would ask our government to tell them to get a move on tbh

But the government can’t make them hurry up, it’s nothing to do with them, sure they can lean on them but they have no authority to speed it up, otherwise we would have been at that stage weeks back.

aye but on the other hand they've a product to protect and grow so having new owners willing to spend money and bring new players and investment will be at the front of their minds, they'll know we're a club in a coma atm

aye but on the other hand they've a product to protect and grow so having new owners willing to spend money and bring new players and investment will be at the front of their minds, they'll know we're a club in a coma atm

If they cared about that it wouldn’t have taken 12/13 weeks already though.

If they cared about that it wouldn’t have taken 12/13 weeks already though.

nah, new ownership will only impact next season in terms of benefit to the PL with new players and such, there's no commercial incentive for them to do anything wrt to this season imo

it's clearly been very complicated and at the same time as the restart stuff, there's no need to conspiracies to think there's anything nefarious at play

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two fucks, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two fucks, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

This, also I'm sure they would like to get rid of Ashley as an owner with the bad PR he brings to the league.

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two f***s, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

Unfortunately you are right on this, apart from in ideal world they should give 2 f#%ks about fans.

Their product is looking pretty soulless and uninspiring on the telly at present.

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two f***s, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

That's us telt lyke

Unfortunately you are right on this, apart from in ideal world they should give 2 f#%ks about fans.

Their product is looking pretty soulless and uninspiring on the telly at present.

It's not the PL's job to do what is best for NUFC fans. It's NUFC's job to do that. It's not the PL's fault that we've been left to rot. That's completely on Ashley.

That's us telt lyke

O0

Correct on some points, wrong on others.

Basically, we are members of the Premier League and should have been treated with RESPECT.

It is too late now, for that.

There would have been no reason for them not to communicate with us, once or twice, without them breaking ANY 'confidentiality'.

Too late now, we know our place.

Basically, we are members of the Premier League and should have been treated with RESPECT.

There would have been no reason for them not to communicate with us, once or twice, without them breaking ANY 'confidentiality'.

The CLUB is a member of the PL. The fans are not.

The PL do communicate with the club... that has been confirmed.

If you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at the club for being completely silent throughout it all.

If you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at the club for being completely silent throughout it all.

So you're saying the club aren't communicating with the manager, given he's asking for clarity?

It's not the PL's job to do what is best for NUFC fans. It's NUFC's job to do that. It's not the PL's fault that we've been left to rot. That's completely on Ashley.

Why do the premier league have fan relation officers then, they do have some duty of care when it comes to fans.

Unfortunately in this case they clearly don’t give 2 shits.

So you're saying the club aren't communicating with the manager, given he's asking for clarity?

I'm 100% certain that the club are communicating with Steve Bruce. What we heard from him yesterday was likely at the instruction of the club to try to publicly hurry the PL. But of course he'll know as much as Charnley allows him to know.

Why do the premier league have fan relation officers then, they do have some duty of care when it comes to fans.

Unfortunately in this case they clearly don’t give 2 s***s.

Anyone thinking the Premier League give, or should give, any f**ks about the fans needs to view the broadcasting timetable for matches.

"Booked your travel and accommodation, you say?"

"tough shit"

Unfortunately in this case they clearly don’t give 2 shits.

Just did a quick Google of Premier League Fan Relation Officer... and you guessed it, there's nothing.

Unfortunately in this case they clearly don’t give 2 s***s.

Just did a quick Google of Premier League Fan Relation Officer... and you guessed it, there's nothing.

Look on their website, I speak from experience on this.

I’ve had a previous reply from Tommy the fan relations officer at the premier league via e mail.

Pretty generic response re the takeover, but a response all the same.