Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You guys are actually hilarious, acting like you have any idea whatsoever about how delicate the whole situation and implications are for the PL. They are, of course, going to take however long they need to make it completely watertight. They don't owe us anything. They have intellectual property to protect, the well being of all of the PL clubs, and the image/standing of the league throughout the world to consider. I doubt they give two f***s, nor should they, about NUFC fans or Steve Bruce being impatient.  :lol:

Unfortunately you are right on this, apart from in ideal world they should give 2 f#%ks about fans.

Their product is looking pretty soulless and uninspiring on the telly at present.

It's not the PL's job to do what is best for NUFC fans. It's NUFC's job to do that. It's not the PL's fault that we've been left to rot. That's completely on Ashley.

Why do the premier league have fan relation officers then, they do have some duty of care when it comes to fans.

Unfortunately in this case they clearly don’t give 2 s***s.

Just did a quick Google of Premier League Fan Relation Officer... and you guessed it, there's nothing.

Look on their website, I speak from experience on this.

I’ve had a previous reply from Tommy the fan relations officer at the premier league via e mail.

Pretty generic response re the takeover, but a response all the same.

Tommy Guthrie is his name. "Policy & Supporter Relations, Premier League"

Lascelles and senior members of the squad should be approaching the PFA and insisting the PFA make representations to the PL on their behalf.  They should be getting the PFA involved, to have the PFA push the point to the PL that the players are stuck in limbo about their futures because the club is stuck in purgatory and also highlighting that Ashley has effectively abandoned the club.

Pressure ramping up on the PL , rightly so , wtf are they doing?

Unacceptable this , either yes or put us out of our misery. This is why I think we will get some news this week .

Despite his denial, Masters will have been focusing on Project Restart. He'll certainly be doing his homework for his 40 minutes in front of the sub committee at the Parliament tomorrow morning.

Masters in only there to scratch the back of the government. ‘The help they provided enabled us to get the Premier League up and running again and demonstrates how well they have handled the situation.’

If he’s lucky he’ll get a positive mention back.

At what time on thursday afternoon do you all normally start thinking "it's not going to be this week either." It's around about 3.30 - 4pm for me.

Same time, but a Monday afternoon. After that passes, I write the week off for a takeover announcement. Still leaves loads of space for new letters/allegations/other bullshit to suddenly come to the PL's attention.

There's a lot of incredibly entitled people on here, saying the PL are "being unreasonable" or that the "delays are unacceptable". Give over.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but it has fuck all to do with us as fans and we have zero right to hear anything from the PL, and they're absolutely within their rights to take as long as they want to come to a decision without telling us anything.

People even talking about pressurising the PL to make a decision ffs, what decision do you think that'll be then? "Oh, you're not happy with us continuing to try to resolve this and you want to know today? OK then: No".

Have a word with yourselves.

It does make me chuckle that people make it sound like Masters is the only person working at the Premier League :) almost sounds like he's sat at the printers printing out the takeover paperwork each day as well doing things like appearing in Parliament.

I tend to not visit here of a weekend so might have missed it (i did have a quick scan of the last few pages to no avail) but did I see a tweet or something that said that the PL had the wrong email address which caused a further hold up?

There's a lot of incredibly entitled people on here, saying the PL are "being unreasonable" or that the "delays are unacceptable". Give over.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but it has fuck all to do with us as fans and we have zero right to hear anything from the PL, and they're absolutely within their rights to take as long as they want to come to a decision without telling us anything.

People even talking about pressurising the PL to make a decision ffs, what decision do you think that'll be then? "Oh, you're not happy with us continuing to try to resolve this and you want to know today? OK then: No".

Had on, the Premier League have every right to take as long as they want, because it has nothing to do with us (the fans who's support actually gives their member clubs a reason to exist).  But we have absolutely no right to voice our own opinions on the Premier League, about our own clubs prospective takeover, on a discussion forum in a thread about that takeover?  The Premier League aren't above reproach, if they don't give a shite about people who support and watch their product that's their decision.  But people are going to have their view on them.

Seen and been part of far more complex transactions that have involved and required lenders, landlords,  state and federal review, brands, and other related approvals move swifter and more professionally that far exceed this sale price.

This is bordering negligence.

Had on, the Premier League have every right to take as long as they want, because it has nothing to do with us (the fans who's support actually gives their member clubs a reason to exist).  But we have absolutely no right to voice our own opinions on the Premier League, about our own clubs prospective takeover, on a discussion forum in a thread about that takeover?  What are you on about..  The Premier League aren't above reproach, if they don't give a shite about people who support and watch their product that's their decision.  But people on here have every right to give their view on the situation.

You have a right to say whatever you want. Of course you do. But to say "they don't give a shite about people who support" is just ridiculous, as if they're supposed to put your feelings above the integrity of the process. :lol:

Yes it's annoying that it's taking so long. But in no way should they adopt a different approach and breach the confidentiality of the process or cut corners in it to expedite an answer just to keep fans happy. It's a ludicrous suggestion. Again, you have every right to suggest it, but it's ludicrous.

What’s ludicrous is that they’ve literally told the seller and buyer this should take 4 weeks in current climate and it’s now entering week 13. If they are overwhelmed with restart, then pay the resources required to make a proper decision in due course. It’s a multi billion pound organization that has seemingly not given any sense of urgency to the process. And if you want to keep saying they don’t care about the fans and it’s within their own remit, that notion should fuck off from now until beyond. Football without its fans is a fucking mess. Evidence by these restart games.

Had on, the Premier League have every right to take as long as they want, because it has nothing to do with us (the fans who's support actually gives their member clubs a reason to exist).  But we have absolutely no right to voice our own opinions on the Premier League, about our own clubs prospective takeover, on a discussion forum in a thread about that takeover?  What are you on about..  The Premier League aren't above reproach, if they don't give a shite about people who support and watch their product that's their decision.  But people on here have every right to give their view on the situation.

You have a right to say whatever you want. Of course you do. But to say "they don't give a shite about people who support" is just ridiculous, as if they're supposed to put your feelings above the integrity of the process. :lol:

Yes it's annoying that it's taking so long. But in no way should they adopt a different approach and breach the confidentiality of the process or cut corners in it to expedite an answer just to keep fans happy. It's a ludicrous suggestion. Again, you have every right to suggest it, but it's ludicrous.

I think dubbing people as ‘incredibly entitled’ is not particularly helpful or even a true reflection of the situation here