Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Howaythetoon

Hugo Boss, Adidas, VW, Mercedes et all, all had ties to Nazi Germany. The world is corrupt and unfair, we’ve just got to try and look after, be kind to and help family, friends, our fellow man/women, environment, animals and so on as best as we can.

In terms of our lifespan, our race is still in the womb basically and Saudi Arabia for example is years behind many and certain sections of society still haven’t went through a period of enlightenment, socially, economically, religiously and even racially. It was only a few decades ago a black person had to give their seat up to a white person on a bus in America.

I mean, Saudi Arabia actually look at western society and think we are the evil/bad guys. Who is right or wrong? None of it is and to play the moral card/ride the high horse, well, everything we do as much as what we don’t do has an adverse/negative affect on someone/the world as much as it may have a positive affect.

Buy Adidas trainers and your money pays someone a living, but they earn less than a few dollars a day and work in awful conditions. Greg is right the onus is on our government and world leaders, but by the same time token we the people do need to stand up and fight more. I don’t want Ashley or the Saudis, I don’t want business anywhere near my club, but I have to be realistic and if I don’t harm anyone and try and be a good person and try and make the world a better place in a good way, be it for myself or others, that’s all I can do.

I can’t stop Saudi buying my club, I can not like it, but then I’m still part of the corrupt and unfair system when I go and by some trainers, fill my car up or whatever. I live with my consciousness knowing I’m a good guy. NUFC fans or ant fans shouldn’t be made to feel guilty, the guilty conscience lies with our government, world leaders, big business and what I find maddening, our media and the game itself. Or should be.

I go and watch footy or love it to watch my team play footy, the players, our players, who represent my city, us lot, my club, Newcastle United which is ours, no-one can own it. that’s the beauty, it’s so sacred not even an murderous evil regime can take that from you or buy it, no matter how much money they have.

I’m torn right now as to what I’ll do, where I stand etc. All I know is I will always love my club, my team, my Newcastle United because it’s mine, yours and ours. As Sir Bobby said, what is a club in any case...

People need to do what they feel is tight and shouldn’t be attacked for it and especially by a media who are complicit in allowing the actual people who should be held to account, to get away with keeping out works and it’s systems unfair and corrupt and they do that because guess what, they are on the take too.

When it comes to NUFC at least, I’m not. Unlike so many others whose interest is vested in ways that bind them by money.

Enjoy what’s coming or don’t. Let those that want to, however if you can’t or won’t.

Tl;dr: Other big brands have questionable ties too.

They all do, and we buy them.

That’s my point, try and life your own life as a nice person, with a sone conscience of others, the works etc and  to what you can the most to make your own world a better world for you and others the most you can. That’s all you can do. If I was a billionaire, I’d buy NUFC to give away to the fans, that’s me. Or I could buy it to make even more money.

Btw, there is a serious lack of insight, knowledge and realism when it comes to business and rich people if you like on here.

Victoria Beckham has had to furlough her staff despite being worth x money. She can’t keep them on out of her own pocket though and has (I hope) contributed a lot more than others in taxes etc towards the stars so her money when tines are bad, the powers that be can help her staff out.

It doesn’t help mind when people flaunt their wealth...

After this, if you’re a good person, treat your staff like they are your family, treat everyone like they are your friends. Those that don’t, they are the true cunts.

Footballers have actually done more than our own fucking government lately who get their coffers filled off their taxes so they can help the needy out, again it’s all unfair, unjust, wrong and corrupt. And I’m part of the problem, you are, we all are, but I do try and be part of A solution too. Pissing in the wind though...

Hugo Boss, Adidas, VW, Mercedes et all, all had ties to Nazi Germany. The world is corrupt and unfair, we’ve just got to try and look after, be kind to and help family, friends, our fellow man/women, environment, animals and so on as best as we can.

In terms of our lifespan, our race is still in the womb basically and Saudi Arabia for example is years behind many and certain sections of society still haven’t went through a period of enlightenment, socially, economically, religiously and even racially. It was only a few decades ago a black person had to give their seat up to a white person on a bus in America.

I mean, Saudi Arabia actually look at western society and think we are the evil/bad guys. Who is right or wrong? None of it is and to play the moral card/ride the high horse, well, everything we do as much as what we don’t do has an adverse/negative affect on someone/the world as much as it may have a positive affect.

Buy Adidas trainers and your money pays someone a living, but they earn less than a few dollars a day and work in awful conditions. Greg is right the onus is on our government and world leaders, but by the same time token we the people do need to stand up and fight more. I don’t want Ashley or the Saudis, I don’t want business anywhere near my club, but I have to be realistic and if I don’t harm anyone and try and be a good person and try and make the world a better place in a good way, be it for myself or others, that’s all I can do.

I can’t stop Saudi buying my club, I can not like it, but then I’m still part of the corrupt and unfair system when I go and by some trainers, fill my car up or whatever. I live with my consciousness knowing I’m a good guy. NUFC fans or ant fans shouldn’t be made to feel guilty, the guilty conscience lies with our government, world leaders, big business and what I find maddening, our media and the game itself. Or should be.

I go and watch footy or love it to watch my team play footy, the players, our players, who represent my city, us lot, my club, Newcastle United which is ours, no-one can own it. that’s the beauty, it’s so sacred not even an murderous evil regime can take that from you or buy it, no matter how much money they have.

I’m torn right now as to what I’ll do, where I stand etc. All I know is I will always love my club, my team, my Newcastle United because it’s mine, yours and ours. As Sir Bobby said, what is a club in any case...

People need to do what they feel is tight and shouldn’t be attacked for it and especially by a media who are complicit in allowing the actual people who should be held to account, to get away with keeping out works and it’s systems unfair and corrupt and they do that because guess what, they are on the take too.

When it comes to NUFC at least, I’m not. Unlike so many others whose interest is vested in ways that bind them by money.

Enjoy what’s coming or don’t. Let those that want to, however if you can’t or won’t.

That’s my point, try and life your own life as a nice person, with a sone conscience of others, the works etc and  to what you can the most to make your own world a better world for you and others the most you can. That’s all you can do. If I was a billionaire, I’d buy NUFC to give away to the fans, that’s me. Or I could buy it to make even more money.

Btw, there is a serious lack of insight, knowledge and realism when it comes to business and rich people if you like on here.

Victoria Beckham has had to furlough her staff despite being worth x money. She can’t keep them on out of her own pocket though and has (I hope) contributed a lot more than others in taxes etc towards the stars so her money when tines are bad, the powers that be can help her staff out.

After this, if you’re a good person, treat your staff like they are your family, treat everyone like they are your friends. Those that don’t, they are the true c***s.

Footballers have actually done more than our own f***ing government lately who get their coffers filled off their taxes so they can help the needy out, again it’s all unfair, unjust, wrong and corrupt. And I’m part of the problem, you are, we all are, but I do try and be part of A solution too. Pissing in the wind though...

Tl;dr Rich people aren't moral white knights.

Guest Howaythetoon

I use Uber because my money goes into the pockets of drivers, whose money goes into buying trainers or whatever, who because of this people get paid to make them, sell them... it it goes round and round, but not always where it should or lands where it needs to. That and I use it because it’s fucking good!

KI, I won’t shop at SD because of Ashley, but the truth is, he employs lots of people. Without him they wouldn’t have a job, without your money they wouldn’t. Without both Ashley wouldn’t have any money either. That’s where the problem lies, at the top. Even then, he pays more in tax than most which if he didn’t, the system would have less coming in to pay out. There is no easy answer or solution. After this massive reforms and regulations need to be done though.

It’s pointless being worth a billion pounds on the stock market or worth that on paper as is shown right now, unless your money does good and goes a long way or is actually real which most of it isn’t. Wealth needs shared and invested in better ways, do that and money becomes less valuable so we don’t then rely on it so much other than to produce and buy what is essential or to upkeep what is also essential...

Guest Howaythetoon

After this, if you’re a good person, treat your staff like they are your family, treat everyone like they are your friends. Those that don’t, they are the true c***s.

Footballers have actually done more than our own f***ing government lately who get their coffers filled off their taxes so they can help the needy out, again it’s all unfair, unjust, wrong and corrupt. And I’m part of the problem, you are, we all are, but I do try and be part of A solution too. Pissing in the wind though...

Tl;dr Rich people aren't moral white knights.

If you didn’t read it, what are you even debating, you have no point!

And racist...

;)

Can you not think Saudi Arabia's politics are barbaric whilst supporting the club?

It was the same with Ashley and his abhorrent business practices. I'm boycotting, but that's because of the way he's running the club as opposed to his shithousery at SD.

I'm not saying turn a blind eye, but if you protested the ownership of every business and their behaviour you'd have a full time job on your hands.

To elaborate on this:

I have a laptop from HP, they assist in building equipment for the Isreali army who do what they do in Palenstine.

As a gift I was bought Armani aftershave who made Nazi uniforms back in the day.

We have medication from Bayer who deliberately infected people with HIV.

We buy coffee from companies who exploit their farmers in third world countries.

We live in a fucking shit world, but where do you start? Surely I'd have to boycott them all to avoid total hypocrisy?

Interesting to see football clubs being compared to normal businesses where it suits. Isn't the whole point of them that they're meant to mean more than that?

That's why they've had such pushback for furloughing staff (which I agree with, they should absolutely not be doing so) when in fact they fit every criteria of being a small/medium sized business in the UK, a Premier League football club turns over less money than a single branch of Tesco Extra.

You don't have to take the «but what can I do? I am just one individual»-approach to take a stand. You don't have to run a whole tirade of whatabout-ism to take a stand. You don't have to make it sound like they're «not really that bad». Just say you stand behind the team and not the owners. Simple as that. 

Or keep all the pseudo-moral crap for the Emo crywank what cost thread. Is anybody here actually buzzing about getting shot of Ashley and competing again?  I can’t wait.

Fuckin hell now we're talking Nazi shit in here?

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it? If you were going to pick the most brutal regime around, is there one worse? North Korea possibly but at least they're not bombing anyone.

The UK had pretty good relations with the Nazi regime up until the outbreak of war, Edward VIII was a friend of Hitler. I don't think "our government likes them" is the most robust defence, you could say the same about Assad and Gaddafi, these people are always our "friends" until they're not.

Its bad enough fans of other club football are talking about this moral stuff regarding us. We can't catch a break even in here. There's a thread for that yet this place gets flooded with it regardless.

Or keep all the pseudo-moral crap for the Emo crywank what cost thread. Is anybody here actually buzzing about getting shot of Ashley and competing again?  I can’t wait.

The fact it keeps cropping up on here seems to indicate it can’t be the echo chamber some prefer. Emo crywank ffs. Even if you don’t agree with the arguments don’t pretend it’s trivial. Ashley’s a cunt - delighted to see the back of him.

Fuckin hell now we're talking Nazi s*** in here?

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it? If you were going to pick the most brutal regime around, is there one worse? North Korea possibly but at least they're not bombing anyone.

The UK had pretty good relations with the Nazi regime up until the outbreak of war, Edward VIII was a friend of Hitler. I don't think "our government likes them" is the most robust defence, you could say the same about Assad and Gaddafi, these people are always our "friends" until they're not.

You missed the point. Take all that moral shit stuff to the other thread, not this one. Jeez.

I am, trying not to go over the top yet  :coolsmiley:

I will be straight in for a season ticket , whilst understanding I may not see a game for months and months.

You missed the point. Take all that moral shit stuff to the other thread, not this one. Jeez.

This is the main takeover thread. It's going to be discussed whether you like it or not. Jeez.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

More shit craic...

Genuinely can't believe people are taking the piss out of 'morality', beyond bizarre.

Of course I want rid of Ashley...BUT IT'S TOTALLY SOUND TO HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT WHO BUYS US.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a mackem consortium buying us. Probably fucking uproar

Probably because it's unavoidable, it smacks you in the face. People might want to pretend it's tribalism and that it's other clubs as if this forum hasn't had a thread dedicated to the Saudis for the last 5 years and that we haven't been rightly slagging off Man City for the past decade, but both things are true. If anything it would be hypocritical for the same people to pretend everything's sound now because it's our club that'll reap the rewards.

Keep your optimism in the optimism thread please, only neutral opinions in here thanks.

More shit craic...

Genuinely can't believe people are taking the piss out of 'morality', beyond bizarre.

Of course I want rid of Ashley...BUT IT'S TOTALLY SOUND TO HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT WHO BUYS US.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a mackem consortium buying us. Probably fucking uproar

It's not only sound morally, it's absolutely right to have a huge degree of scepticism about a new owner because they'll have total control of something we hold dear. I had absolutely no doubts about Ashley taking over being a good thing and have spent the last 12 years feeling bloody stupid about that.

There is also a positive optimism thread where you can avoid all the "moral shit." Surely this thread should be for everyone to put their point of view.

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it?

aye, it is like

Ok why? Who are the most brutal repressive regime on Earth at the moment? I've already said I'll give you North Korea, so discount them.

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it?

aye, it is like

I'd put China closer given their treatment of Uyghur Muslims and amount of state executions etc.