Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Do they really have ITK?

I’m sure they have a poor relationship with the club, including on the receiving end of legal action.

I can’t help but feel that they are just saying this because most journalists are reprint that it will be completed this week, which is going off that PIF watch group twitter account, which is going off reports here in the UK that this will be the 4th week of he directors and owners test.

They don't publish things based on journalist reports that's for sure. Why would they wait until 10pm on a Sunday to post what was being reported last week? They must have been told something by someone (not journalists) for them to come out with that.

Even now they are still a very influential NUFC website. Not sure if it still stands but they were getting more hits/traffic than the official website which prompted NUFC to try to buy the domain from them.

I've been pessimistic about this takeover from the off but having read that tonight my optimism has risen sharply. I reckon they've been contacted by the buyers. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have printed that otherwise.

Guest godzilla

Do they really have ITK?

I’m sure they have a poor relationship with the club, including on the receiving end of legal action.

I can’t help but feel that they are just saying this because most journalists are reprint that it will be completed this week, which is going off that PIF watch group twitter account, which is going off reports here in the UK that this will be the 4th week of he directors and owners test.

They don't publish things based on journalist reports that's for sure. Why would they wait until 10pm on a Sunday to post what was being reported last week? They must have been told something by someone (not journalists) for them to come out with that.

Even now they are still a very influential NUFC website. Not sure if it still stands but they were getting more hits/traffic than the official website which prompted NUFC to try to buy the domain from them.

I've been pessimistic about this takeover from the off but having read that tonight my optimism has risen sharply. I reckon they've been contacted by the buyers. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have printed that otherwise.

That had crossed my mind

I don’t know much about NUFC.com but what exactly in that paragraph is new information? I thought that’s what we’d been told was going to happen by pretty much every reputable journalist?

DM them mate. They'll get back to you

They probably will. That’s not what I asked though...I’m asking why people are excited about NUFC.com reporting the same stuff we already know? Are they a good reliable source?

To even ask that question shows how much you dont know.

I don’t know much about NUFC.com but what exactly in that paragraph is new information? I thought that’s what we’d been told was going to happen by pretty much every reputable journalist?

They probably will. That’s not what I asked though...I’m asking why people are excited about NUFC.com reporting the same stuff we already know? Are they a good reliable source?

Definitely makes a difference that .com have reported it imo, it's 'only' a fansite but they've always been very cautious and the way they've reported that is fairly unequivocal. Still time for it to go wrong but they haven't just thought,  'it's approaching midnight on a Sunday, I wonder how we can get our hits up', this must be based on something fairly substantial.

nufc.com have been wrong before about previous takeovers, signings & new managers. Yes they are cautious but they still get it wrong at times. I don’t get the excitement about them posting that. It changes nothing for me anyway I was always of the opinion it’s done and just waiting for the official confirmation so we still wait. #wait

My bet is that the buyers have reached out to them just like they have a few journalists.  They still say they are waiting for formal approval so I’d assume the buyers have been told informally that it has been approved and they get formal approval this week.  This sounds similar to where we were two weeks ago before the delays.  Fingers crossed there are no more road bumps.

.com usually report what others are reporting in their little snippets.

But this time, they have worded it as 'We understand' at the very beginning of their piece. To me, that says they have been given a heads up by someone very ITK. They would not want to let their well-respected image all this while go to waste if the info was not genuine or important.

Well no shit 😁 Hence the fucking question.

I’ve been on NUFC.com loads over the years, but they’ve never particularly appeared ITK or particularly reliable with this kind of stuff, to me. Hence me asking why people are all of a sudden excited when we already know everything they’re talking about, from other reputable sources.

My worry is that all the noise is just the buyers trying to put a bit of pressure on the premier league.

Putting pressure on the premier league by getting an NUFC fan site to post it?

If it’s something, I don’t think it’s that.

I think it's just that they've chosen to report it, which carries a bit of weight and makes it feel different to Twitter shite.

I get that. But Caulkin, Duncan Castles, Chris Waugh... they’ve all reported similar and we know for a fact they speak to the buying side regularly. It just seems like rehashed news from other reputable sources to me. (The same way they report on transfer talk)

I think it's just that they've chosen to report it, which carries a bit of weight and makes it feel different to Twitter shite.

I get that. But Caulkin, Duncan Castles, Chris Waugh... they’ve all reported similar and we know for a fact they speak to the buying side regularly. It just seems like rehashed news from other reputable sources to me. (The same way they report on transfer talk)

Aye, it's clear that that's how it seems to you [emoji38] different people put different values on news sources, though, and while I'm not saying that nufc.com carries the same weight as the BBC or Sky Sports, sometimes the same story appearing on a different source is enough to change the emphasis.

For me, nufc.com have always been conservative enough in the past to make me think that them posting what they did in the middle of the night on a Sunday must represent a significant development. It's fair enough if you don't see it the same way.

Aye, it's clear that that's how it seems to you [emoji38] different people put different values on news sources, though, and while I'm not saying that nufc.com carries the same weight as the BBC or Sky Sports, sometimes the same story appearing on a different source is enough to change the emphasis.

For me, nufc.com have always been conservative enough in the past to make me think that them posting what they did in the middle of the night on a Sunday must represent a significant development. It's fair enough if you don't see it the same way.

👍

My worry is that all the noise is just the buyers trying to put a bit of pressure on the premier league.

Putting pressure on the premier league by getting an NUFC fan site to post it?

If it’s something, I don’t think it’s that.

Fan site, journalists etc.  There is a lot of noise that some thing will happen all from them.

Edit: Two weeks ago there was noise that it would happen then a delay.  Again it sounds like they are there but still waiting. They talk to the premier league daily I guess.  They’re probably getting informally it is almost there response for a while and this could just be a non confrontational way to put a bit more pressure to actually sign off. Before escalating and coming out with more frustrated noises.

When the other side holds all the power you have to play nice.

The most significant part of that .com statement is that it will be ratified before next weekend - which I'm assuming is now this weekend. I was a bit deflated when I heard it might drag on another week, as I was pretty sure it was going to be made official this week sometime. Looks like that is back on course now. :thup: