Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Was there not talk a while ago about him trying to get a consortium together to look into buying us? Not sure how true it was.

Not sure if this is relevant but ...

God, Gary cook is awful

wasn't he an ex general manager of nike and heavily involved in the jordan brand?

sure he's well experienced in sporting brand growth, unless I'm thinking of another guy.

Not sure if this is relevant but ...

Time to watch Companies House again for a Director appointment?

He could be leaving because OM are also being taken over, although their takeover deal isn’t thought to be as far along as ours.

The PL told both Buyer and Seller that it usually between 2-4 weeks to finish this process. Coronavirus, Project Restart, the complexity of the Buyer and the claims against the Buyer have clearly drawn this process out longer than originally estimated by the league. Feedback from Buyer to our journalists locally and nationally are that so far, no red flags. We've also heard that the test is a 2-way road so there is a constant dialogue.

It seems like during the last 7 days or so, the PL probably told the Buyer that they should be concluding soon. The press reports on Monday regarding new piracy evidence "delaying" seem to be an exaggeration. The PL has not gone on record and is not responding to anybody but the parties involved in this transaction.

All signs point that the league is covering itself from every angle by being as thorough as possible, and finally has a little bit of leverage with Saudi Arabia to work out some issues it's had in the past, probably inclusive of some remedies and potential future penalties.

If we had any say do you think we'd be sat here in the 13th year of Ashley's reign?

I'd argue that he's still here precisely because most of us have sat in SJP every other weekend for the last 13 years tbh.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy, claim you can't do anything to change anything>don't do anything>nothing changes

The same applies in this situation, but considering barely anyone would do anything despite detesting Ashley, they're not going to do anything when the majority are welcoming them with open arms.

What do people think about this? I mean (IF) it is true, then it does make me think in a less enthusiastic way about the takeover. I want us to be able to buy whoever we like but achieving success under people rumoured to have sactioned murder makes it a bit less appealing.

Yet another letter

I'd love to know who is putting this bitch up to this as I firmly believe a few weeks ago she wouldnt have had a clue who or what Newcastle United were

:serious:

What do people think about this? I mean (IF) it is true, then it does make me think in a less enthusiastic way about the takeover. I want us to be able to buy whoever we like but achieving success under people rumoured to have sactioned murder makes it a bit less appealing.

Look I dont give a shit who owns us as long as myself and all other NUFC fans can see us winning trophies in our lifetime. Most of us had lost all hope of that ever happening especially the way football is now. This takeover gives us all that hope back and if its quashed that hope is gone forever

Adolf hitler could own us with Josef Stalin as chairman but as long as we won trophies I and many others couldnt give a fuck

Yet another letter

I'd love to know who is putting this bitch up to this as I firmly believe a few weeks ago she wouldnt have had a clue who or what Newcastle United were

Her husband was murdered - grow up.

Yet another letter

I can totally sympathise with her. What happened was outrageous, but she probably never heard of NUFC before this takeover, and I doubt she'll subsequently give a toss about us if it is somehow called off. We are the ones who will be left as part of a redundant football club, so thanks for the concern and see you when we see you.