Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is the key section of report and journalists are choosing to ignore.

/https://twitter.com/Andy_Ebs4/status/1274243751322554368

Again that’s just an interpretation that’s what leaves this whole thing on a knife edge as everyone has different views on it.

That's no interpretation, there is nothing in the report stating the government of KSA or PIF were directly involved in the transmission.

No but the reporters who are saying it does are highlighting other points about them not shitting it down which shows they supported it and seem to believe that will be enough.

You could say that about Amazon then also as you can install the Kodi/IPTV (and I presume BEoutQ) apps on the firestick so why have they not shut that down/stopped available downloads of these apps

I honestly think the report gives the premier league enough room to decide either way and not suffer any backlash.

Not sure I agree with that mind

Same here, I think if they do turn it down it gets overturned on appeal, as there is nothing linking PIF with piracy.

There is no doubt that it could and possibly should be turned down on moral grounds, but that ship sailed years ago with Russian, UAE, Chinese and Saudi ownership already in the premier league, so if they did take a stand now it would be ripped apart by the Saudi lawyers.

Moral grounds are not part of the PL ODT.

Exactly they are not as they choose to not put them in, so can’t turn us down. What I was trying to say on moral grounds the Saudis probably shouldn’t be able to buy a football club but that also goes for almost half of the other premier league clubs

If they revamp the test after this takeover they may/could add such a rule, however morality is a minefield.

I don’t think there is any doubt they will change the test after our takeover

See the chronicle have given Angus McNeil license to spout more shit today. His key comment is below, which I think we can safely say confirms that he has been talking to Qatar before wto report was published.

This t#%t has clearly took a backhander from bein to lobby on their behalf.

‘I've not spoken to beIN since the ruling but will be raising the matter on trade theft with the Secretary of State for International Trade next week’.

See the chronicle have given Angus McNeil license to spout more shit today. His key comment is below, which I think we can safely say confirms that he has been talking to Qatar before wto report was published.

This t#%t has clearly took a backhander from bein to lobby on their behalf.

‘I've not spoken to beIN since the ruling but will be raising the matter on trade theft with the Secretary of State for International Trade next week’.

And he'll tell you to fuck off. Always thought he was the most annoying twat in the Commons and he's got some stiff competition!

What do the SNP have to do with a league based in a country they want no part of? :lol:

He’s one of those ultra SNP supporters. In his social media accounts he uses Scottish Gaelic, a language that hasn’t been spoken in Scotland for 500 years, and the only speaker of it now is a few speakers on the islands, even then it’s often a 2nd language. He’ll be one of those SNP fans who just hates everything English. They don’t want England gaining investment, be that at any level, and they certainly don’t want another Premier League club to become successful outside of domestic football.

isn't he a member of the digital something or other committee rather than just being some random dickhead sending emails

Oliver Dowden the DCMS Minister of State has said the government won’t get involved, at least officially. They might have had a chat with the PL given the amount of business the Saudis do in the UK, they won’t want to lose out if the Saudis are pissed off. I’ve no of knowing however, just my thoughts.

Guest neesy111

Just sent him an email at [email protected] stating "Hi, just wanted to ask if you knew why the government have said they weren't going to meddle with the Premier League with regards to the Newcastle United take over?"  ;D

mKEgYqBg_400x400.jpg

Guest The Little Waster

Theory time ; PL waiting to see if we get relegated then its not their problem anymore and the day we stay up is the day they say no ?

Theory time ; PL waiting to see if we get relegated then its not their problem anymore and the day we stay up is the day they say no ?

Funnily enough I was thinking that yesterday and was going to ask on here mathematically what would be the soonest we could find ourselves safe etc.

Guest godzilla

:crazy2:

Keep going back to this though, would that be fair on the selling party? I know it’s Mike Ashley, etc but surely they can’t just deny a potential £300m in the bank for someone just because of that?

I despise the bloke, but it would be funny as fuck if he slapped in a bill to the PL for lost interest on the £300m because they have been dragging their feet

Keep going back to this though, would that be fair on the selling party? I know it’s Mike Ashley, etc but surely they can’t just deny a potential £300m in the bank for someone just because of that?

I despise the bloke, but it would be funny as fuck if he slapped in a bill to the PL for lost interest on the £300m because they have been dragging their feet

I can actually see him doing this. Plus damages for loss of earnings..........

Guest neesy111

Also if we went down and that affected the £300m value being met because we’d be worth less, could Ashley in theory take legal action against the PL if it was down to them dragging their heels?

Really doubt it.