Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Can you guys stop saying Caulkin said Imminent in the past he never said that if anything he said there is no red flags all along.

He also said about 6 weeks ago that we would know by Wednesday.

No he didn't.

Yes he did. He said Staveley and Co thought things could be done as soon as wednesday.

If you dont want to get s**** on Twitter, dont make claims.

He knows the game.

He never say that.

He chose his words carefully and said they were told it "could be done by Wednesday" but was very clear about that not being a sure thing. Obviously, that wasn't true, but you can't just claim he said it was going to be decided by that Wednesday when he didn't.

He chose his words carefully and said they were told it "could be done by Wednesday" but was very clear about that not being a sure thing. Obviously, that wasn't true, but you can't just claim he said it was going to be decided by that Wednesday when he didn't.

:thup:

Exactly.  People have reinvented what he actually said, and as time has went on, it's turned to gospel.

He said it 'it could be done as soon as Wednesday' or something to that effect, massive difference between that and 'we will hear by Wednesday'.  I've no doubt that at the time, the buyers believed that it was close.

How did the Geordie Dentist even cultivate the profile that he seems to have, in regards to takeover matters?

Has he actually got anything right in the past?

Don't think so and such he's always had a bit of plaque for it

Back when this hit 500 pages i joked that we'd hit 1000 pages before we knew one way or the other. Starting to feel inevitable  :lol:

I remember when it felt like 200 was a solid prediction. Jokes on us!

And Ryder saying it could go on until June and everyone was pissing themselves  :lol:

Guest Carrick18

He lives in the middle east. That's literally it.

As I remember it he built clout, a bit like the two lawyers, by claiming to understand middle-eastern culture and hearing things 'in the region'.

It's no great surprise. Twitter is full of people wanting to feel important. I admire anyone who's avoided such bullshit.

He lives in the middle east. That's literally it.

As I remember it he built clout, a bit like the two lawyers, by claiming to understand middle-eastern culture and hearing things 'in the region'.

It's no great surprise. Twitter is full of people wanting to feel important. I admire anyone who's avoided such bullshit.

Wasn’t he involved in trying to get people to buy the club? Maybe at NUST level before he moved abroad.

Anything of note to report?

Same as when this came out, fuck all bar  wind and water. Tedious now, the PL want fucked for this now.Why? This should be done now.

How did the Geordie Dentist even cultivate the profile that he seems to have, in regards to takeover matters?

Has he actually got anything right in the past?

Nah, he just jumped on the fact it was a bid “from the middle-east” cos he happens to live there.  Then started putting out loads of vague and suggestive tweets.  A sad, old attantion-seeker, nothing else.

To be added alongside this one from April

No matter how much rubbish this is, and others of a similar nature (YES, including some of mine!) but I still enjoy reading them.

They instantly excite me and fill me with a sense of great anticipation.

Then, it starts to ebb away, as I 'realise' (yet) again . . . . . .

Yes Steve, and we’ve been bored of you since you arrived! I can’t wait until this helmet gets the bullet!

“With the takeover, and I’ve only been here 12 months, I think everybody is a bit bored with it, aren't they? We’ve heard it all before. It seems to drag on.“