Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If you want a break from the takeover thread, head over to the Almiron thread where apparently Obertan is the better player

Who the fuck has said this? :lol:

Let’s face facts everyone’s confidence on this is waning now, I even sense Caulkin is nowhere near as confident.

I do believe there trying to work it out, however the premier league are terrified of bein pulling the plug. The other 19 clubs would be up in arms if they lost tv cash, and masters knows his own job is on line here.

The question is what hoops are they asking the Saudis to jump through, I have a feeling bein will drive such a hard bargain it will be impossible to find compromise.

I just can’t see any deal being struck on this anytime soon.

Agreed on Caulkin. His wording has changed noticeably over the last week. Even today he said “I’ll judge the new owners if and when they arrive”

IF? The fuck is that!?

Something doesn’t feel right about the situation.

This has been obvious about Caulkin for ages, he's being fed what Staveley wants us to hear. Unfortunately for us she seems to have been feeding him misleading information for nearly 3 years. Lets hope the trend doesn't continue.

Why would the PL be afraid of Bein pulling the plug? First of all Bein need the PL more than anything else so it would be suicide to stop broadcasting it, and secondly the Saudis would buy the PL rights immediately after Bein lets it go. There is absolutely no chance of Bein pulling the plug on the PL.

My interest in PL football, and football in general has waned massively in this past decade. 10 years ago I was at every home game and 75% of away games. If a match (not involving NUFC) was on telly 9 times out of 10 I'd be watching it. This season I've been to 2 games. 1 home (free ticket) and 1 away, just for a day out on the drink if truth be told. Very rarely watch TV games and have now cancelled Sky Sports as I dont watch it.

If this takeover had gone through it would have ignited my interest, not to the levels of 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years ago, but I would have taken a strong interest once again.

As things stand I'll probably have a cursory glance at the results on a Saturday tea time and not much more.

You've described me and my situation there almost exactly.

Mike Ashley has ruined football for me on top of running our club into the ground. I'm tryig not to get too hopeful in case the deal falls through but I'd love to have that passion for football back again.

Why would the PL be afraid of Bein pulling the plug? First of all Bein need the PL more than anything else so it would be suicide to stop broadcasting it, and secondly the Saudis would buy the PL rights immediately after Bein lets it go. There is absolutely no chance of Bein pulling the plug on the PL.

They pulled plug on serie a, and now they’ve had to give bein a rebate. This is far more complex than your making out unfortunately. Throw in the fact other clubs will be putting pressure on masters regarding this. If their told tv income will be down next season due to rebating bein, i’m pretty sure the majority will be up in arms.

I think it being massively complicated in terms of BeIn and the potential of other clubs losing TV money is why we wont see a conclusion of this deal for a good while and possibly never. If it was going to go through, it would have been done by now, unfortunately its turned into a big legal/political struggle and its unlikely to be sorted any time soon imo. I think the Saudi's will potentially pull the plug before the PL is able to appease everyone, if they are even able to do that.

Where does that leave us? ANOTHER protracted takeover saga with no communication from either side. I'm worn out.

I think it being massively complicated in terms of BeIn and the potential of other clubs losing TV money is why we wont see a conclusion of this deal for a good while and possibly never. If it was going to go through, it would have been done by now, unfortunately its turned into a big legal/political struggle and its unlikely to be sorted any time soon imo. I think the Saudi's will potentially pull the plug before the PL is able to appease everyone, if they are even able to do that.

Where does that leave us? ANOTHER protracted takeover saga with no communication from either side. I'm worn out.

I think the opposite is true, if they were going to reject it. They'd have done so by now. They've had everything they need for a while.

I think there will come a point where the Saudis pull out!

This is far too complicated, and them pulling out saves a bit of face for them, whilst empowering the PL in the eyes of their stakeholders.

I've gone from 80/20 this deal being completed to 20/80

I think the opposite is true, if they were going to reject it. They'd have done so by now. They've had everything they need for a while.

I agree I think they’re trying to make it work, however bein are clearly entrenched in their position and I think coming to an agreement with them will be difficult.

It all comes down to how much Saudis want us in my opinion, this will cost them a lot more than initial 300 million. I think they’re  going to have to cough up some tv money here to rebate bein. That might just be a step to far for them considering the relations between both countries.

Guest chopey

I still say if this takeover was one of the elite clubs it would have through by now and when it eventually does they will Fuck is over with FFP, like they are doing with Mallorca.

Jacobs clears up a few questions here.

If beIN's right to broadcast the PL were "non-exclusive" then the PL could easily agree a separate agreement with Saudi Arabia and beIN would have no legal standing (no ability to dispute the agreement).

If beIN don't have exclusive rights to broadcast the PL into the MENA region then it means other the PL can agree broadcast rights with others to also broadcast in the MENA region.

I think there will come a point where the Saudis pull out!

This is far too complicated, and them pulling out saves a bit of face for them, whilst empowering the PL in the eyes of their stakeholders.

I've gone from 80/20 this deal being completed to 20/80

Not the greatest choice in user name then?