Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

We'll never have another takeover bid with this kind of finance behind it. This is a chance to transform the club for the next couple of decades at the very least.

The club needs this, big time.

Anyone who doesnt want this deal needs their own head subtracting

If I didn't despise our current owner so much, I wouldn't want this to happen tbh. I'm quite uncomfortable with it.

I'm very confortable with it as it happens. If someone wants to carry on with mike then that's their own decision but opinions shouldn't be forced on to others.

After all this is a football forum and not a human rights forum or mumsnet.

What does that even mean?

Am I missing something, if Bien sports or any other broadcasting sports networks object to this deal,then cant they simply refuse to air Newcastle matches? But the reality is they wouldn't because it brings in revenue for them.

Its basically double standards.

If I didn't despise our current owner so much, I wouldn't want this to happen tbh. I'm quite uncomfortable with it.

I'm very confortable with it as it happens. If someone wants to carry on with mike then that's their own decision but opinions shouldn't be forced on to others.

Self explanatory isn't it?

Guest dazzanufc1892

I must admit like, as much as I want this to happen from a football point of view, it would be pretty easy to accept if it was blocked. There's a lot not to like and it's hard to argue with anyone saying it should be blocked. What will be will be.

No, this is not the case and for one extremely good reason. The UK government has had no objection to companies that have PIF involvement being permitted to trade in the UK. If this is blocked, the question would need to be raised as to why we are allowing Uber & Uber Eats to act as one prime example. The premier league may have its own rules, but you can guarantee every single individual who is UK based and may object has used this service before. If the feeling in the UK was that no PIF backed companies are permitted to trade, then this is wholly different, alas, that is not the case. With this in mind, for the Premier League to arbitrarily decide they do not permit a new company that is backed by a company already trading without objection within the UK would be wholly unacceptable in my opinion.

This is in no way condoning any actions of any regime and multiple deplorable acts to which there is much evidence, but it is drawing a clear line between the business dealings currently allowed in the UK (without any government blockage or sanctions). With this in mind, it definitely wouldn't be easy to accept. Further, to see that the countries borrowing by the end of October could be as high as 95% of GDP, it would also be down right suicidal to our own economy, especially with the lack of trade deals and what the impact of that could be on the north east. The latter would make it even harder if this were to be rejected! (legal rant over)

Guest The Little Waster

200 pages ...? ok which page is when we can celebrate ? 205 ? 310 ? 5000546 ?

Actually screw the eventual page number , this is more like it

We’ve never been stuck with Mike, ever. People don’t  have to turn up, they chose to. That’s on them.

We are stuck with Mike we the normal supporter don't have the money to buy the club and we were here long before Mike Ashley so while he may have the keys its the supporters club.

Guest Gazibaldi

If this goes through and we get to the champs league in the next decade, the games against PSG are gonna be sooooo good! The Sunderland/Inter rivalry will be like a mild bout of the trots in comparison.

Can't wait! :frantic:

Not that I've been thinking about this constantly... ha!

Can someone tell me if the PL has said anything publicly about the tests or indeed if they are actually taking place? 

I'm not going down the route of it's all completely bollocks a la BZG last summer but more along the lines of have the PL stated openly that they are undertaking new owners test in relation to the sale of NUFC? 

If so, has that occurred at any point in the past?  Must admit my knowledge of other club takeovers is limited to say the least but it's starting to feel like we've applied for planning permission to build an extension to the council and its in that period where if anyone has comment/objection please send them to the planning department by such a date.  Has any other takeover been publicly known and open to everyone to object?

Maybe i'm just being a bit of a snowflake and thinking NUFC are being treated differently to others.

We’ve never been stuck with Mike, ever. People don’t  have to turn up, they chose to. That’s on them.

Thanks for that Lee

Who is forcing their opinion on you?

Eh? Who's "forcing" their opinions on anyone?

Guest The Little Waster

Actually might be worth considering what might happen if the sale doesn't go through . I would expect another large fall in season ticket sales along the lines of last season , maybe even more than 10 000 ... reducing the club to chaos and perhaps the price would fall even further ?

If this goes through and we get to the champs league in the next decade, the games against PSG are gonna be sooooo good! The Sunderland/Inter rivalry will be like a mild bout of the trots in comparison.

Can't wait! :frantic:

I reckon most of them especially their kids will become Toon fans over time, so the rivalry will disappear, our rivals will become those that match us via finance. Their only way back to rivalry would be to find a takeover of their own.

Imagine that going over to Sunderland "not that you'd want to" to see the streets littered with kids in black and white nufc tops  :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

I didn't say I didn't want it. I said I could understand the reasoning if it didn't happen.

" it would be pretty easy to accept if it was blocked. There's a lot not to like and it's hard to argue with anyone saying it should be blocked. "

That sort of sounds like you don't want the deal to go through ... which is a point of view you're entitled to have btw

Who is forcing their opinion on you?

Did you bother to read the open letter?

Actually might be worth considering what might happen if the sale doesn't go through . I would expect another large fall in season ticket sales along the lines of last season , maybe even more than 10 000 ... reducing the club to chaos and perhaps the price would fall even further ?

I know a lot of people have said that they will walk away from NUFC if the deal falls through, and I did give it some thought, but I won't be doing that. Instead I will continue to follow the club's fortunes in a bitter mode, absolutely ripping the piss out of our setup and manager - which will devastate that samp24 guy or whatever he's called. Soz lad, it was some sort of number reference can't remember exactly what it reads.

Oh yeah, Steve Bacon and his buddies will be getting it big time. :lol:

Plus all the ones who were against the deal of course. You can't have it both ways.