Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

How is it utterly ridiculous? These things take months, that's when we're not balls deep into a global pandemic where the football season has had to be stopped. We wouldn't even be aware of it if it wasn't for some folk nosing around Companies House.

I don't know if it's the boredom of lockdown, but people's impatience is what's ridiculous here. I get that it's draining waiting for news, but we'll know one way or another in the coming weeks.

:clap:

It's the vaccuum that's killing people and causing them to amplify dozens of little fuck-alls into seismically important considerations.  None of us are entitled to know anything that's going on, not sure why people think we are or that they have the first idea how long this could be expected to take :)

Erm, maybe because Staveley told Caulkin to tell the fans that it would be complete in the next few days, back towards the end of April ffs  :lol:

Fucking hell, stop going on about Staveley. You disappear when all looking positive and then pop back up when there is a any negativity and whine that it's Staveley's fault. Repeatedly.

Because Im sick of so many of you having a hissy fit as soon as someone dares to post something that doesn't go along the lines of "this is happening, Im sure of it".

So your answer is to make everyone else sick of your inane, hissy fits about Amanda Staveley  :lol:

Something you have to remember about these articles... dont assume everyone else up and down the country are reading these/clicking on links etc.

Its largely done for us to react to, because despite what you might think, no other fan actually gives a fuck. It's also ridiculous to suggest that the likes of City/Man United are writing to the PL worried about us getting taken over.

IF clubs were worried about us, it would be the likes of Everton and Wolves who will worry about being leapfrogged, not those who are already on the gravy train.

In the Newcastle twittersphere, you can be forgiven for thinking the world is out to get you, when in reality it's because you have followed x amount of journalists who are desperate to sell you their shite.

It's the same reason I thought Labour were a cert in November. I wasnt reading anything else.  :lol:

from my point of view ( I know no-one cares).

1) Saudi Government and especially PIF have not been proven to be involved in the Bein piracy by BeOUTQ.  BeOutQ stopped broadcasting in August 2019 so is no longer an issue anyway.  Also French court found in favour of ArabSat and ordered Bein to pay costs.  Therefore this piracy thing should be a red herring

2) Amnesty International and Hatice Cengiz letters.  What has happened and is happening is truly awful but PIF is an investment fund, and a separate legal entity.  The fit and proper tests of the directors are not a moral test.

3)  10 other premier league clubs aren't happy about the takeover.    So what, you have no say (or should have no say).  Im sure most other clubs weren't happy when Man C got taken over but that didn't stop anything.

If the premierleague stops the take over for anyone of the above reasons then the rules have been changed.

For me, the reaction since it companies house document has proved that the status quo are scared of how powerful Newcastle can become and that has them rattled.  If the takeover doesn't go ahead then I am done with football as it has shown it is a closed shop.  If Newcastle won't be allowed to compete with the big boys then there is no point to it!

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

Guest reefatoon

If/when this goes through. After all the shite being thrown at it constantly. Love for them to think, "OK, we were going to do this gradual and take our time, but fuck it and fuck the lot of them. Time to take the gloves off, and throw shit loads of money at it so we can dominate. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it you bunch of bastards.

If/when this goes through. After all the shite being thrown at it constantly. Love for them to think, "OK, we were going to do this gradual and take our time, but fuck it and fuck the lot of them. Time to take the gloves off, and throw shit loads of money at it so we can dominate. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it you bunch of bastards.

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Ffs I wish this was just all over. Its descended into farce In terms of media coverage.

Yep - doesn't help that the only shows in town are us and the restart.

Miles more attention than normal as no cunt has anything else to write about.

Ffs I wish this was just all over. Its descended into farce In terms of media coverage.

Yep - doesn't help that the only shows in town are us and the restart.

Miles more attention than normal as no cunt has anything else to write about.

Yes, the reason Ashley is selling is also responsible for the intense reporting.

6 weeks isn't 'utterly ridiculous'. Southampton's takeover went to the PL in Feb 2017 and wasn't approved until August 2017.

It might get approved, it might not but let's not pretend we know anything about the process or timescales involved. We know absolutely fuck all lads.

anyone know the reason that takeover took so long? 

It wouldn't be Newcastle if this was easy, keeping faith at the minute. As many others have mentioned, C19 along with Project Restart will be delaying matters. I think it's going to be done, there's surely no way the PL are going to turn down this sort of investment regardless of how much scrutiny they're under.

Wonder who that Midhat guy was then? Someone on a windup? :lol:

Sean will believe it was his nemesis Staveley

:lol:

Well he clearly wasn't the layer (or whatever he was claiming) for a legit company about to purchase a PL football club, that's for sure. Whover the loon was, he had plenty of time on his hands to WhatsApp everyone  :lol:

If the PL had any intention of approving this it would have been done so by now. They’re simply stalling until they can find enough excuses to reject it and put the blame elsewhere. Their dream scenario is the government coming in and stopping it or buyer walking away.

I think it's time for you to log off for a bit dude.

He's probably right though.

Why? Based on what? Not saying it'll happen btw, just interested to know why so many people on here are experts of this process?

Paranoia based on decades of being a Newcastle fan getting regularly kicked in the nuts. At least that's my take on what the pessimism is based on, and tbf, there is some justification.

Guest godzilla

And the hits just keep on coming...

:rolleyes:

Means literally nothing.

All it has done is earned advertising revenue for the times or helped them gain subscribers.

Qatar lining the pockets of a politician to speak up

I doubt it, just an MP trying to look like he’s doing something.

He can’t go against his own government, and there is no other news out there. He might have a vested interest in Sky or another broadcaster.

In all honesty though even if he was granted it, it would do as much good as Chi’s actions did in getting rid of Ashley = nothing (not that, that is meant to be a slant on her work).

He can say he done this as his work, send it out in his news letters and claim to be someone who stands up for right and wrong.

It’s an easy thing to do as an MP. It makes it look like you are working, you know your efforts are in vein but it’s easily to request something and say you weren’t heard but tried.

It is no different to the Sheffield MP asking for an intervention the other week.

Chronicle reporting they have 'spoken to someone' who thinks this select committee will be agreed and held. Boy they pull sources out from all over the shop  :cheesy:

And the hits just keep on coming...

:rolleyes:

Means literally nothing.

All it has done is earned advertising revenue for the times or helped them gain subscribers.

Qatar lining the pockets of a politician to speak up

I doubt it, just an MP trying to look like he’s doing something.

He can’t go against his own government, and there is no other news out there. He might have a vested interest in Sky or another broadcaster.

In all honesty though even if he was granted it, it would do as much good as Chi’s actions did in getting rid of Ashley = nothing (not that, that is meant to be a slant on her work).

He can say he done this as his work, send it out in his news letters and claim to be someone who stands up for right and wrong.

It’s an easy thing to do as an MP. It makes it look like you are working, you know your efforts are in vein but it’s easily to request something and say you weren’t heard but tried.

It is no different to the Sheffield MP asking for an intervention the other week.

Chronicle reporting they have 'spoken to someone' who thinks this select committee will be agreed and held. Boy they pull sources out from all over the shop  :cheesy:

Even if it went ahead it means nothing in anyway.

Here is a question for our legal experts. If the deal is rejected and the buyers take legal action, does Ashley have to wait in limbo ie not allowed to sell to anyone else while the appeal is conducted?