Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

You have to start questioning Caulkin at this point mind. He said they expected PL approval on a wednesday, what, 4 weeks ago now?

It can be an ongoing process but cant be an indefinite one? At some questions have to be asked about what more the PL need.

I'm not buying all this "next week", stuff. No f***er knows, including Caulkin.

Only time will tell, think he (and the buyers) know more than you and me to be fair though.

If no concrete news this week then I think it’s clear he doesn’t know as much as people, including me think he does.

Guest godzilla

You have to start questioning Caulkin at this point mind. He said they expected PL approval on a wednesday, what, 4 weeks ago now?

It can be an ongoing process but cant be an indefinite one? At some questions have to be asked about what more the PL need.

Only time will tell, think he (and the buyers) know more than you and me to be fair though.

If no concrete news this week then I think it’s clear he doesn’t know as much as people, including me think he does.

He's been saying for a few weeks now it takes as long as it takes. Instead of people jumping about like a set of mad frogs let's just wait and see what happens this week first. He's not the only media source (vast majority are) indicating things are well on track.

Guest godzilla

Rafa won't break a contract but activating a Buy out clause is a different kettle of fish.

Personally think if/when it goes through they will go for Poch.

He's been saying for a few weeks now it takes as long as it takes. Instead of people jumping about like a set of mad frogs let's just wait and see what happens this week first. He's not the only media source (vast majority are) indication things are well on track.

Yeah I agree things are well in track, just him and a few others have mentioned checks being done or as close to being done which should mean we hear something about it this week, not full confirmation of the deal but that checks have been passed.

I don't see how unless you think he has a direct source at the Premier League, which I don't think he does.

I think it was 4 weeks ago when both Caulkin and Burt were both saying approval was expected "soon", which is likely what the buyers expected at the time.  But at the end of the day its down to the Premier League not the buyers.

I mean right now, the buyers may think the checks are complete and maybe rightly so.  But even if they were at that time, any new info or concerns the Premier League have could mean extra questions are asked, and that will continue until they officially sign it off.

Guest godzilla

He's been saying for a few weeks now it takes as long as it takes. Instead of people jumping about like a set of mad frogs let's just wait and see what happens this week first. He's not the only media source (vast majority are) indication things are well on track.

Yeah I agree things are well in track, just him and a few others have mentioned checks being done or as close to being done which should mean we hear something about it this week, not full confirmation of the deal but that checks have been passed.

Yeah he has been stating 'officially' a lot recently instead of just still with the Premier League; and other media are taking the line that checks have been completed also. We will just have to wait and see what emerges this week. Bear in mind though that it's a bank holiday weekend and that the Premier League have two major consultations with clubs this week also. It can't go on forever though that's for sure and I would certainly hope/expect something in the next 7 days.

Doesn't sound like it's going to happen this week. Looks like the donkey work is done but the top brass need to review, consult and sign off. That isn't happening until project restart is up and running. Could be a few weeks yet.

Doesn't sound like it's going to happen this week. Looks like the donkey work is done but the top brass need to review, consult and sign off. That isn't happening until project restart is up and running. Could be a few weeks yet.

Who you speaking to at the PL?

Based on what? Why will it be a few weeks and not a few months?

Guest godzilla

Could be or could not be, but, you can't say it isn't happening until Project Restart or it is happening before, as you or I do not know that. Let's just see what happens this week first as I'm sure there will be something comes out.

Based on what? Why will it be a few weeks and not a few months?

I would imagine that both Ashley and Saudis would want a conclusion not to drag on too much longer. Ashley will be wanting that money for other ventures, and PIF would want to start putting infrastructure in place, most importantly the manager. While they can't force the PL's hand, they can certainly ask them behind the scenes not to drag their feet longer than necessary.

Obviously an opinion, lads. :lol: ffs. Used phrases like doesn't sound, looks like and could be. Shouldn't really have to disclaimer everything as an opinion here, I'd expect you to use your loaf and not ask who I'm talking to at the PL. Pathetic  :lol:

Obviously an opinion, lads. :lol: ffs. Used phrases like doesn't sound, looks like and could be. Shouldn't really have to disclaimer everything as an opinion here, I'd expect you to use your loaf and not ask who I'm talking to at the PL. Pathetic  :lol:

That doesn't distinguish it from any other ITK :lol:

Assuming the Premier League hasn’t given formal notice that it approved by or on Friday, I think it’s always been a case of it won’t this week, mainly because they likely won’t give formal approval until Tuesday at the earliest.

The noises about the checks not even starting is just people misinterpreting what Masters said in his interview last week.

Assuming the Premier League hasn’t given formal notice that it approved by or on Friday, I think it’s always been a case of it won’t this week, mainly because they likely won’t give formal approval until Tuesday at the earliest.

The noises about the checks not even starting is just people misinterpreting what Masters said in his interview last week.

This, the noises towards back end of last week were they’ve been given the nod unofficially.

I’m guessing it needs officially signed off, which will hopefully be this week.

I’m as calm as ever been about whole situation, even Mark Douglas said last week, it’s a matter of when not if.

Guest reefatoon

Would love that to be right. Not just because it means we are there, but it might stop people hanging on every word Caulkin says like he is the takeover guru. Poor bloke.