Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest awaymag

See all the journalists who commented on the story breaking last night are all saying they still think it will be passed by the premier league.

Kind of seems it was scaremongering more than anything.

So my take on the Guardian story last night:  Why then, why release that on a Tuesday teatime?  Why not a big Sunday exclusive?  Its clear the journalist has sat on the report being from WTO for two weeks.

My theory is he got wind of the fact the premier league is going to announce the takeover has passed its test soon.  He therefore had to release the article to get his last bit of click bait from the article, which is just the same as last week but with WTO revelation. Just a  theory but as good as any!

See all the journalists who commented on the story breaking last night are all saying they still think it will be passed by the premier league.

So my take on the Guardian story last night:  Why then, why release that on a Tuesday teatime?  Why not a big Sunday exclusive?  Its clear the journalist has sat on the report being from WTO for two weeks.

My theory is he got wind of the fact the premier league is going to announce the takeover has passed its test soon.  He therefore had to release the article to get his last bit of click bait from the article, which is just the same as last week but with WTO revelation. Just a  theory but as good as any!

As in last chance to release it as it could be meaningless soon.

Guest awaymag

As in last chance to release it as it could be meaningless soon.

Yip

So my take on the Guardian story last night:  Why then, why release that on a Tuesday teatime?

Maybe the Guardian didn't find out what the evidence was until yesterday? Can't imagine the press receiving this info and sitting on it for days or weeks. Gives other newspapers the opportunity to find out the same info and break the story before them.

Guest godzilla

So my take on the Guardian story last night:  Why then, why release that on a Tuesday teatime?

Maybe the Guardian didn't find out what the evidence was until yesterday? Can't imagine the press receiving this info and sitting on it for days or weeks. Gives other newspapers the opportunity to find out the same info and break the story before them.

The same reporter was the one who stated about the new evidence over 2 weeks ago

The same reporter was the one who stated about the new evidence over 2 weeks ago

But didn't find out what the evidence was until yesterday?

Guest godzilla

I personally doubt that.

I personally doubt that.

I reckon if they knew what the evidence was two weeks ago theyd have published it in their article a fortnight back.

Keeping ahold of this scoop for so long runs the risk of another paper finding out the same info and breaking the story before them.

Imo

Imho

Imvho

Guest The Little Waster

My theory is that hes a massive cunt

Guest godzilla

I personally doubt that.

I reckon if they knew what the evidence was two weeks ago theyd have published it in their article a fortnight back.

Keeping ahold of this scoop for so long runs the risk of another paper finding out the same info and breaking the story before them.

Imo

Imho

Imvho

I would read the article again as they stated that the evidence showed there was proof linking the Saudi state to the piracy. The only update is that it is within the WTO report which wasn't mentioned before.

I personally doubt that.

Imo

Imho

Imvho

I would read the article again as they stated that the evidence showed there was proof linking the Saudi state to the piracy. The only update is that it is within the WTO report which wasn't mentioned before.

I never read either article in the first place so happy to be wrong. If I am wrong.

Guest godzilla

I personally doubt that.

Imo

Imho

Imvho

I never read either article in the first place so happy to be wrong. If I am wrong.

Only the reporter will know that for sure.

Pretty bold statement that.... For all our sakes, I hope that his source is correct and this isn’t some made up ITK situation

It's difficult to not get drawn into a statement like that but I don't know enough about him as a journalist to know if he's genuine or just another who's punting out tweets without substance.

John Richardson is a fan of Newcastle. If he isn’t he has always had a soft spot for us at the very least. Been in the game a long time so he will certainly have good contacts. Was spot on the time I met him and chatted about the state of the club under Ashley.

Guest Butcher

Surely the buyers confidence and no red flags has come from conversations with the premier league ?

You would think so.

Surely the buyers confidence and no red flags has come from conversations with the premier league ?

Imagine the buyers said there's been no red flags yet.

Then next week the PL calls up Staveley and tells them the checks are done and they've got a shit load of red flags they need to work through and dumps them on her all at once.

So according to Duncan castles, everything the league requests i.e. further information from the buyers, goes through the club and not the buyers.

This would go against everything Caulkin has said from the beginning.

So according to Duncan castles, everything the league requests i.e. further information from the buyers, goes through the club and not the buyers.

Surely not reet :lol:

Fat Mike just ignoring the Premier Leagues requests, waiting for the KB then walks off with his deposit.

Guest godzilla

That is absolute bollocks that mind, what planet is he on  :lol: :lol:

Who are we to say what the process is but it would seem an unusual way to do it although I can maybe understand that the PL may want to only deal with their member.

It could answer the question about the time frame though if there is a long chain of communication. Days and weeks are easily lost if people don't respond in a timely manner and we all know what NUFC are like at communication.

The whole thing is just a complete mystery to us all.