Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

On another note, where does it say the Saudis have to be proven guilty jna the court of law?

It doesn't say that anywhere. Actually I'm fairly sure the opposite is true, that it doesn't have to be proven in a court of law. Nobody will want to hear that though...

But you'd think, given they are buying a business, which they legally can, they'd be able to go to court over being prevented from doing so, so although not necessarily needing to prove anything in a court of law it could well end there.

Guest godzilla

He said it was done a few days ago  :lol:

Absolutely clueless

Burt said the test was completed last week and has backtracked a bit also. Not a peep out of Caulkin so far either

Guest godzilla

On another note, where does it say the Saudis have to be proven guilty jna the court of law?

It doesn't say that anywhere. Actually I'm fairly sure the opposite is true, that it doesn't have to be proven in a court of law. Nobody will want to hear that though...

But you'd think, given they are buying a business, which they legally can, they'd be able to go to court over being prevented from doing so, so although not necessarily needing to prove anything in a court of law it could well end there.

Yeah it would do by both the buyers, and actually Ashley I would imagine

This is all just typical Newcastle United isn't it?

I'm way beyond sick of this now, all this shit could literally only happen to us. Dragging on and on and on and on and on.......

Absolutely clueless

Burt said the test was completed last week and has backtracked a bit also. Not a peep out of Caulkin so far either

All the journos are basically only reporting on a nod here, or a wink there. Even if these nods and winks are coming directly from someone at the PL, there's fuck all they can do if the nods and winks don't turn into official sign offs.

I'm way beyond sick of this now, all this shit could literally only happen to us. Dragging on and on and on and on and on.......

Drags on and on and on.

We have setbacks and more setbacks. Then the lockdown is ended, the takeover is announced, the sun is shining, beer gardens are open, football is on everyday all day and Bruce gets the sack!

It's got to be one of, if not the most ridiculous takeover seen in football at this point, hasn't it? Purely in terms of the process.

:fishing: :fishing:

Absolutely clueless

All the journos are basically only reporting on a nod here, or a wink there. Even if these nods and winks are coming directly from someone at the PL, there's fuck all they can do if the nods and winks don't turn into official sign offs.

Correct. Looks like Luke Edwards was on the money all along  :coolsmiley:

How long is a club realistically allowed to be in limbo for? With contracts to renew etc. this time of year, we've effectively got no owner right now and just sat in stasis waiting for the PL to get their finger out

Guest godzilla

Absolutely clueless

Almost as if none of them have a clue what's going on

Time will tell I suppose, last 24 hours has made me question a few things that's for sure

Guest godzilla

Personally don't think anything has changed - and they were given a wink and a nudge last week.

No doubt, depends on who that nod and a wink was from though and if they were actually correct. Two of those reporters have already started backtracking a bit after stating last week that the tests had been signed off

It is entirely possible that the checks have been completed and that Burt/Caulkin are correct. The delay doesn't necessarily mean they are still checking.

Because it is also entirely possible that the Premier League is trying to find a way to legally interpret that information in such as way as to make certain that they can withstand the inevitable criticism from beIN and other outside parties. The Premier League would welcome Saudi money, the Saudi market, and all the economic benefit that it entails, but to do so enthusiastically would make them look callous and unconcerned about the piracy/human rights issues. It's in their best interests to cover every potential challenge that may emerge.

The Premier League has participated in the WTO report and has known about it for weeks. That they have not already informed the buyers that there are major issues is good news.

What has happened in the last 24 hours please that is 'negative'? Can someone provide a quick update please? Haven't been keeping on tabs on this as I have been refreshing the page every 5 seconds prior to that :lol:.

Cheers guys.

What has happened in the last 24 hours please that is 'negative'? Can someone provide a quick update please? Haven't been keeping on tabs on this as I have been refreshing the page every 5 seconds prior to that :lol:.

Cheers guys.

something to do with a court ruling that our buyers did illegally stream games.

Cheers guys.

WTO says they have evidence to link the Saudis to the dodgy channels in a nutshell.

If this WTO evidence is so compelling I’d be expecting them to take out new legal proceedings against SA. As it is surely the PL will ask for a response to the paper from SA and they’ll be able to provide a satisfactory reply.

There’s no actual benefit for the Saudis to push this through any sooner than they have to, it’s money in their pockets. I’d imagine Mike is doing his dinger waiting for the money to come through.

Cheers guys.

something to do with a court ruling that our buyers did illegally stream games.

Cheers guys.

WTO says they have evidence to link the Saudis to the dodgy channels in a nutshell.

Oh I see, thanks guys.

:huff: :huff: :huff:

Cheers guys.

The PL are still sitting on the sign off for the takeover, while every day more objections are raised.