Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

What the f*** is going on :lol:

Definitely not complicated this, like.

Basically he is saying (worked for the WTO for a number of years if you look at his bio) either the Saudis or Quatar can appeal the findings of the report; and as such the report would not be sanctioned until that appeal had been concluded. Which would take months if not years.

Cheers.

In saying that, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

If it's the case, then the Premier League cannot use that report as a reason to knock back the takeover until the appeal had been resolved. They could say we will wait for the appeal, but, that could be months away if not years in all probability and they're not going to do that.

Your second sentence is the first thing that sprung to my mind. I guess the legal boys will know if they can just ignore it because it could be years away.

I'll continue to remain positive about the whole thing. :thup:

What the bloke ex WTO stated, was that if is there was an appeal, the report would then not have been adopted and had no legal status.

Aye, they don't have enough judges for a quorum on the appeals panel because the US is refusing to confirm any.  Donald Trump is now somehow involved in this farce :lol:

The Saudis bidding for TV rights is old news though isnt it? Just like most the articles at the minute. At least it's a positive anyway.

Minhosa[/member] :lol: how many times have I said this to you?

You’ve got to love how Craig Hope always comes up with the story, just after another paper has broke it first.

Glorious morning in the Bay Area, sun bleaching down on the splendidly refurbished Spanish city.

Qatari’s and keys reeling from the mirrors story last night.

What a day for a takeover announcement, I fear we’ll have to wait a few more days though.

Got me dreaming of 1st game back at St Janes though, giant wot flags banner unfurled from the gallowgate, big cartoon picture of the lovely Mandy with stilettos on, firmly planted on keys big red head.

Kinky I know but what an image to greet our new owners.

I wonder if they'll hire Keys and Gray to front the new network.

I would absolutely love this.

I see the thinking behind this and it would be a joy to watch but I still think I'd rather just watch them disappear in to irrelevance. Feel like the lack of media attention would destroy Keys in particular.

The Saudis bidding for TV rights is old news though isnt it? Just like most the articles at the minute. At least it's a positive anyway.

Minhosa[/member] :lol: how many times have I said this to you?

You’ve got to love how Craig Hope always comes up with the story, just after another paper has broke it first.

He's quoting his own tweet from a month ago. :lol:

Thing is though can Saudi own us and take the broadcast rights, I seem to remember sky were blocked from buying Manchester United for the very same reason

Saudi wouldn’t have the broadcast rights for the UK though, it would be the Middle East and I understand all games are shown on Saturdays and sundays. Viewers choice .

Thing is though can Saudi own us and take the broadcast rights, I seem to remember sky were blocked from buying Manchester United for the very same reason

Saudi wouldn’t have the broadcast rights for the UK though, it would be the Middle East and I understand all games are shown on Saturdays and sundays. Viewers choice .

That explains it then hopefully.

iirc that had nowt to do with the premier league blocking it but the competitions authority in the uk