Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

10.03am on Monday apparently

Source

It’s what’s Cack Jogback told his brother was happening apparently, someone told me last night.

I’m taking it with a massive intravenous dogshit flavored dose of salt though.  Still I thought I would post it as it’s such a random claim.

Clearly you were on the sauce last night :lol:

Nah I was on night shift at work

10.03am :lol: I'd back it ahead of Friday 3pm in fairness.

"This is Amanda, daughters of my best friends Ron and Elaine."

"Unfortunately the takeover has been blocked by the Premier League as the Saudis have been handling swollen goods"

10.03am :lol: I'd back it ahead of Friday 3pm in fairness.

"This is Amanda, daughters of my best friends Ron and Elaine."

"Unfortunately the takeover has been blocked by the Premier League as the Saudis have been handling swollen goods"

"Ive got something the Premier League could take down as evidence."

"Get out."

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

Having Qatar and Saudi 'fighting' for the rights is going to be worth a fair whack, Saudis will b probably want to blow them clean out of the water as well.

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

It will be interesting to see how Qatar react.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

When is the TV deal up though? Surely they won’t be allowed to negotiate anything while the current one still exists.

Next season is the last season on the BeIN contract. The bidding process is due to start layers this year/early next year.

It will be interesting to see how Qatar react.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

Leeds are a really attractive club for a money-no-object foreign investor. I was always worried the Saudis might switch to them if Ashley fucked them around too much.

When is the TV deal up though? Surely they won’t be allowed to negotiate anything while the current one still exists.

Next season is the last season on the BeIN contract. The bidding process is due to start layers this year/early next year.

They are rumoured to be changing their name to BeOUT.

Allowed? Who’s going to stop them behind closed doors?

Not sure about the Qataris buying Leeds. What happens when they get to Champions League?

Not sure about the Qataris buying Leeds. What happens when they get to Champions League?

well if RB Leipzig can play Red Bull Salzburg in the Europa League it probably isn't that big a deal to get around

Same as with the Red Bull teams, all it will take is someone else being named as owner or director.

The Man City owners may also come up with the same problem and even the Watford owners.

Guest chopey

Is the club rich yet?

Been rich for a long time, it's just that some fat fella keeps taking it for himself and his business