Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111

Why do people assume the Prem is run by 3 people ffs. They sign billion pound deals year in year out, they obviously have the staff to do more than 1 task at a time.

You do know that restarting the league will be taking a significant amount of effort to organise?

Why do people assume the Prem is run by 3 people ffs. They sign billion pound deals year in year out, they obviously have the staff to do more than 1 task at a time.

This is true, but you'd also imagine the main players will still have to sign off on both.

Surely the PL must prioritise a decision on this before the league restarts.

Surely you're :bong: if you think anyone except Toon fans (and mackems) think our takeover is a bigger priority than restarting the league?

EDIT: That is to say, if you think anyone thinks completing the takeover is in any way a priority before the league restarts. Poor wording...

I get the feeling we won't get a decision until this season is over. Just gut instinct, not pretending to be ITK.

Would be a terrible thing to do, leave a club in a limbo for several months. Sue the fuckers.

Guest godzilla

I get the feeling we won't get a decision until this season is over. Just gut instinct, not pretending to be ITK.

You maybe right as nobody knows and if this was the case, then I would say that the takeover won't happen. My gut reaction (fwiw), is that if this hasn't been bottomed out by next week then in my thinking there are obviously serious problems. It would also certainly leave questions on the 'trusted reporters' and what they have been reporting. I'm still positive we will hear next week, time will tell though.

Guest chopey

You do know that restarting the league will be taking a significant amount of effort to organise?

Just chuck all the fuckas on a field, skins and shirts, sort in out in one day like those kiddie torments in Blackpool.

You maybe right as nobody knows and if this was the case, then I would say that the takeover won't happen. My gut reaction (fwiw), is that if this hasn't been bottomed out by next week then in my thinking there are obviously serious problems. It would also certainly leave questions on the 'trusted reporters' and what they have been reporting. I'm still positive we will hear next week, time will tell though.

It really has gone on so long now hasn’t it. Given that a premier league start date has been organised you’d have to think that an announcement should come soon enough. I agree if it goes past next week and we haven’t anything I’d start to worry properly (I’m already worrying a bit like most) but nobody really knows what’s going on. As Caulking has said it’s a process that will take as long as it needs to.

Surely you're :bong: if you think anyone except Toon fans (and mackems) think our takeover is a bigger priority than restarting the league?

EDIT: That is to say, if you think anyone thinks completing the takeover is in any way a priority before the league restarts. Poor wording...

That’s not what I meant, maybe I was unclear. Now that the league has a restart date, they should prioritise making a decision on this before the 17th, or around there.

Personally were I in charge of the premier league I wouldn't be giving the slightest shit about any clubs potential takeover not when theres this season to finish but starting next seasons as well, huge amount of money on the line if something goes wrong

Guest godzilla

That’s not what I meant, maybe I was unclear. Now that the league has a restart date, they should prioritise making a decision on this before the 17th, or around there.

If they have been working through the process since the documents were submitted (and the sources of the media (ones trusted on here) are stating there have been no red flags); then I can't see why it should not be finalised within the very near future, especially now Project Restart has been agreed. 

Personally were I in charge of the premier league I wouldn't be giving the slightest shit about any clubs potential takeover not when theres this season to finish but starting next seasons as well, huge amount of money on the line if something goes wrong

Shouldn’t matter, though surely? If you’ve got someone with £300m to gain that could help soften the financial blow on his other businesses, you can’t just put that on hold?

Yes but organisations of this size don't operate in silo's.

They're a large organisation who should be able to manage issues across it in parallel imho.

Also, I'd presume they have third party lawyers on retainer etc for exactly this scenario.

For some reason I couldn’t see them making Liverpool and Man U wait this long. There would be lobbying going on left, right and centre to get it done.

They need to get there fu#%ing finger out, they’re starting to look small time at best, and incompetent at worst.

This is a multi billion pound industry I can’t believe there aloud to drag there feet on a 300 million pound deal. Not only that the club is in limbo re players contracts, sponsorship and season ticket refunds.

If this is not sorted by next week serious questions need asked, and the pressure ramped up.

Surely there's no way they can keep the parties in the dark for another couple of months?

Maybe they're not keeping them in the dark?

If the buyers are aware of the timeline why wouldn't they say, could there be a mandatory stipulation in the process that they can't say anything (genuinely interested)?