Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Personally were I in charge of the premier league I wouldn't be giving the slightest s*** about any clubs potential takeover not when theres this season to finish but starting next seasons as well, huge amount of money on the line if something goes wrong

Yes but organisations of this size don't operate in silo's.

They're a large organisation who should be able to manage issues across it in parallel imho.

Also, I'd presume they have third party lawyers on retainer etc for exactly this scenario.

If they were to give our takeover the go ahead before sorting out and confirming project restart, how would that look to the other 19 teams in the league? They would be putting our needs ahead of everyone else, it was never going to happen no matter how much we Newcastle fans think we are at the centre of the universe.

Guest chopey

Got to give the Premier League credit for keeping it quiet though, not one journalist has had any exclusives or anything 

Personally were I in charge of the premier league I wouldn't be giving the slightest s*** about any clubs potential takeover not when theres this season to finish but starting next seasons as well, huge amount of money on the line if something goes wrong

They're a large organisation who should be able to manage issues across it in parallel imho.

Also, I'd presume they have third party lawyers on retainer etc for exactly this scenario.

If they were to give our takeover the go ahead before sorting out and confirming project restart, how would that look to the other 19 teams in the league? They would be putting our needs ahead of everyone else, it was never going to happen no matter how much we Newcastle fans think we are at the centre of the universe.

What a stupid post. No doubt a mackem.  :lol:

I get the feeling we won't get a decision until this season is over. Just gut instinct, not pretending to be ITK.

You maybe right as nobody knows and if this was the case, then I would say that the takeover won't happen. My gut reaction (fwiw), is that if this hasn't been bottomed out by next week then in my thinking there are obviously serious problems. It would also certainly leave questions on the 'trusted reporters' and what they have been reporting. I'm still positive we will hear next week, time will tell though.

I think we can already question the ‘trusted reporters’ tbh. I think most would agree that Jason Burt and Caulkin are the most well respected on here.

However a week ago Burt said the checks where done and we would hear this week, then changed his tune when the guardian article was released.

Caulkin has indicated a couple of times now that it was pretty much done and again nothing has happened. I think his failure to comment on the guardian report the other night was because he really hasn’t got a clue what’s going on.

All in all no one other the the league knows what’s happening.

I’m not a mackem you bellend, I just know that we’re not the top priority no mater how much I want us to be

The checks might well have been done a few weeks ago before Bein sent all the documents in.

I would imagine the PL are coming from an angle of making sure they aren’t open to any legal implications when they approve it.

There’s no way the PL want to turn it down

Guest godzilla

I get the feeling we won't get a decision until this season is over. Just gut instinct, not pretending to be ITK.

You maybe right as nobody knows and if this was the case, then I would say that the takeover won't happen. My gut reaction (fwiw), is that if this hasn't been bottomed out by next week then in my thinking there are obviously serious problems. It would also certainly leave questions on the 'trusted reporters' and what they have been reporting. I'm still positive we will hear next week, time will tell though.

I think we can already question the ‘trusted reporters’ tbh. I think most would agree that Jason Burt and Caulkin are the most well respected on here.

However a week ago Burt said the checks where done and we would hear this week, then changed his tune when the guardian article was released.

Caulkin has indicated a couple of times now that it was pretty much done and again nothing has happened. I think his failure to comment on the guardian report the other night was because he really hasn’t got a clue what’s going on.

I'll agree with that this time next week if that's still the case. I'm still positive something will happen though.

I’m not a mackem you bellend, I just know that we’re not the top priority no mater how much I want us to be

Mackem scumbag.

I'll agree with that this time next week if that's still the case. I'm still positive something will happen though.

Yeah, if there is no news next week I’m going to assume there are major issues with it.

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

This isn't twitter, abuse won't be tolerated, especially off mackem scum.

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

You mean the abuse that you flung at me first? Run along sweetheart

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years thank you very much, the sooner you learn the world doesn’t revolve around us the better

Alright alright alright PL.

Fucking rubber stamp this takeover, approve it. And move the fuck on. There are other billion pound / dollar organizations all over the world doing more than 1 fucking bloody thing at a time.

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years thank you very much, the sooner you learn the world doesn’t revolve around us the better

At the SoL? Well done.

Not one of us said or think the world revolves around nufc, that's a clear projection by mackems trying to score points.

This place is turning tedious at time's, before anyone says 'fuck off then' this place can be a great resource for news and opinions. Think this takeover is turning people crazy!

Mackem scumbag.

Alright nonce run along

Come in here to check for updates and this is what its collapsed into ?  :lol: