Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Season to restart on 17/6, hope we get some movement on the takeover soon.

It needs sorting before that date. We can't go back into the season with it still up in the air.

Guest reefatoon

10.42, don't sign off yet.....10.43, don't sign off yet......10.44, don't sign off yet......"collective watch looking" 10.45....sign sign sign!

When is the TV deal up though? Surely they won’t be allowed to negotiate anything while the current one still exists.

Next season is the last season on the BeIN contract. The bidding process is due to start layers this year/early next year.

They are rumoured to be changing their name to BeOUT.

:mike:

Guest chopey

When is the TV deal up though? Surely they won’t be allowed to negotiate anything while the current one still exists.

Next season is the last season on the BeIN contract. The bidding process is due to start layers this year/early next year.

They are rumoured to be changing their name to BeOUT.

:mike:

This is a huge Giggs right ?

I got told this morning the PL would announce the 17th June as its restart date followed by them officially signing off the takeover Monday 1st at 10.45am.

Why didn’t you mention it?

Was watching a BBC3 documentary on Alien hunters.

I got told this morning the PL would announce the 17th June as its restart date followed by them officially signing off the takeover Monday 1st at 10.45am.

so 3-5 days for the transfer of funds no official announcement until end of next week.

so 3-5 days for the transfer of funds no official announcement until end of next week.

I wasn't being serious

Allowed? Who’s going to stop them behind closed doors?

Not sure about the Qataris buying Leeds. What happens when they get to Champions League?

I think Qatar are going to give up on PSG and go all in with Leeds. Like you said they bought the wrong club.

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

It will be interesting to see how Qatar react.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

Leeds are a really attractive club for a money-no-object foreign investor. I was always worried the Saudis might switch to them if Ashley fucked them around too much.

Leeds are tiny compared to us in terms of fanbase and they'd need to bulld a brand new stadium for starters. West Ham would be a better bet. I think they'd try for them before Leeds.

What’s the story with the transfer window?, officially it’s been open since the 17th May

We’ve signed everyone up for sale if Saudis buy us. But if we don’t get taken over I’m hearing we’re in for griggs

Skipped a few pages. Did golfmag ever report back?

He did. The topic was ducked massively by Richard Bevan as his response was about Ashley wanting to now take the offer from the US buyer. (something like that).

No surprise really. Information on this deal is being kept within a very small circle.

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

Leeds are a really attractive club for a money-no-object foreign investor. I was always worried the Saudis might switch to them if Ashley fucked them around too much.

Leeds are tiny compared to us in terms of fanbase and they'd need to bulld a brand new stadium for starters. West Ham would be a better bet. I think they'd try for them before Leeds.

Leeds aren’t as small as people think. They basically have the majority of Yorkshire behind them.

Ok so long term their stadium needs a rebuild, but so does West Ham’s. In all honesty I think now is a perfect time for West Ham to be buying the Olympic stadium on the cheap and rebuilding the stadium as a football venue.

They have also been rumoured to be buying Leeds for a while.

Leeds aren’t as small as people think. They basically have the majority of Yorkshire behind them.

Ok so long term their stadium needs a rebuild, but so does West Ham’s. In all honesty I think now is a perfect time for West Ham to be buying the Olympic stadium on the cheap and rebuilding the stadium as a football venue.

They have also been rumoured to be buying Leeds for a while.

Leeds isn't a football city. Never has been. Leeds Utd have been in existence over 100 years and have never managed to average over 40k in a season before. Not once. Sheffield is a bigger footballing city than Leeds, although they have 2 clubs to support.

Leeds were getting 40k attendances in the championship. As Stifler has said, they will also probably tap into a lot of Yorkshire's fan base if they ever hit the big time again as it is the major city in the county, and probably still recognised as a major waypoint in England.

Not that I want them to be bought, we have enough competition already through other mega rich clubs, but if I was an investor looking for a club with CL potential and big club appeal, that would be the one I'd go for rather than another London club.