Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The club is in limbo until this is resolved, no one right now is running Newcastle United. Just get it sorted ffs.

Totally agree. The club is drifting along aimlessly with an owner who doesn't want to be there and there are issues that need addressing...fan ticket refunds being one of them. I think the people at nufctsust should be pressuring the PL to get this sorted asap, as it's definitely have a detrimental effect on the club and the fanbase.

Where's Greg?

They already have chased the club. Did you not get your NUST email last week?

I did, but I think they should be putting pressure on the PL as well for an answer on the takeover as it's having a negative/disruptive effect on the whole club imho.

The club is in limbo until this is resolved, no one right now is running Newcastle United. Just get it sorted ffs.

Totally agree. The club is drifting along aimlessly with an owner who doesn't want to be there and there are issues that need addressing...fan ticket refunds being one of them. I think the people at nufctsust should be pressuring the PL to get this sorted asap, as it's definitely have a detrimental effect on the club and the fanbase.

Where's Greg?

They already have chased the club. Did you not get your NUST email last week?

I did, but I think they should be putting pressure on the PL as well for an answer on the takeover as it's having a negative/disruptive effect on the whole club imho.

Have you contacted the NUST and shared this as you are a member?

Guest The Little Waster

Ok any body language experts out there ? Hes looking off to his right a lot - what does that mean ? A couple of smiles and blinking of eyes ... C'mon we need to know 🤓

Guest godzilla

I presume the two interviews with Masters have been set up about Project Restart and the reporters have asked these questions in addition?

It can't just run on indefinitely though  :lol:

Basically he is just playing a straight bat (more than he did the other day even though he is uncomfortable talking about it). He said he couldn't say if a decision had or had not been made and that is only right. If we here nothing next week I still maintain that there are issues with the takeover.

Agreed  O0

With Project Restart now finalized, if there's nothing positive next week, then I really believe the takeover won't happen

I’m already there, but definitely by next week if no news this is surely in major doubt.

I mean, the Premier League have been trying to resolve a pretty extraordinary situation with Project Restart, so it's correct when people say our takeover wouldn't have been prioritized.

Having said that, there will have been members of staff working on it throughout this whole time and if we haven't heard after (I think it's been) 8 weeks, then something just clearly isn't right

For me what's been most disappointing has been the shambolic media coverage from the start, I'm unsure if other clubs have this issue to our degree, but we really struggle with getting reliable coverage about the club.

We get constant reporting, but most is just duplication, or worse ridiculously contradictory

I strongly feel it's taken a massive toll on fans, who are whipped into a frenzy and then doused down, over and over again

Guest reefatoon

Remember when we all had a good laugh at the Chronicle saying it could be mid June before we hear anything. Oooohhh how we chuckled at them.  Looks like Grim Ryder might have actually got one right. What a guy!

Basically he is just playing a straight bat (more than he did the other day even though he is uncomfortable talking about it). He said he couldn't say if a decision had or had not been made and that is only right. If we here nothing next week I still maintain that there are issues with the takeover.

Agreed  O0

With Project Restart now finalized, if there's nothing positive next week, then I really believe the takeover won't happen

I’m already there, but definitely by next week if no news this is surely in major doubt.

I mean, the Premier League have been trying to resolve a pretty extraordinary situation with Project Restart, so it's correct when people say our takeover wouldn't have been prioritized.

Having said that, there will have been members of staff working on it throughout this whole time and if we haven't heard after (I think it's been) 8 weeks, then something just clearly isn't right

For me what's been most disappointing has been the shambolic media coverage from the start, I'm unsure if other clubs have this issue to our degree, but we really struggle with getting reliable coverage about the club.

We get constant reporting, but most is just duplication, or worse ridiculously contradictory

I strongly feel it's taken a massive toll on fans, who are whipped into a frenzy and then doused down, over and over again

8 weeks has always been kind of the limit for me, I know project restart would have impacted it, however the only other takeover to run to 8 weeks was Southampton, and in that time they managed to fail it, go through it a second time and pass.

Ok any body language experts out there ? Hes looking off to his right a lot - what does that mean ? A couple of smiles and blinking of eyes ... C'mon we need to know 🤓

It looks scripted. However when he answers the first question and says it’s a confidential process, there is a possible indication that he’s being deceitful in that answer.

Guest godzilla

Agreed  O0

8 weeks has always been kind of the limit for me, I know project restart would have impacted it, however the only other takeover to run to 8 weeks was Southampton, and in that time they managed to fail it, go through it a second time and pass.

One interesting thing is that GC has not said anything about the takeover in days

That's it. If this deal had been agreed on the final day of a season we'd already be into the next season and still in limbo, a whole summer stuck. That can't be right - or if agreed during the season we'd have been in stasis for a third of the season. Its too disabiliting for too long a period of time to be for real, except for the extra special circumstances were currently in.

Agreed  O0

One interesting thing is that GC has not said anything about the takeover in days

True, I’m leaning towards it being because he hasn’t really got much of an idea what’s going on anymore, I think he expected it to be done by now.

Dont rule out the Saudis dropping out of the takeover in some way, leaving Staveley and the Reubens trying to do it themselves again.

Just as a means to getting the takeover completed and the Saudis joining at a later date once they have their issues with the O and D tests sorted.

Not a likely scenario but something like that could happen.

That's it. If this deal had been agreed on the final day of a season we'd already be into the next season and still in limbo, a whole summer stuck. That can't be right - or if agreed during the season we'd have been in stasis for a third of the season. Its too disabiliting for too long a period of time to be for real, except for the extra special circumstances were currently in.

Is that not why June 1st makes sense? Transfer window opens the 10th. Official transfer announcements July 1st onwards so it should be sometime next month.

On the flip side the season is a mess so do those dates apply now. They want the season finished by the end of July all being well.

No one knows.

Where's Greg?

I'm here.

We are doing what we can on the season ticket issue - the club don't give a shit unfortunatley.

On the takeover - I don't think there's any value in us doing anything with the PL - the O&D test is what it is and will be done when it is done - there's nothing we or anyone else can do to speed up or put pressure on that process.

I really more concerned about the season restarting tbh.

Really think if this is still up in the air by then, Bruce will have us moving towards the relegation zone, which will not help things whatsoever.

I really more concerned about the season restarting tbh.

Really think if this is still up in the air by then, Bruce will have us moving towards the relegation zone, which will not help things whatsoever.

Technically it would as i think it was agreed its easier to buy a club in the EFL than it is in the EPL :lol: I get the point you are making though :thup:

Just for some positivity, a newly registered helicopter called Castle07, a private jet from Riyadh, and a helicopter belonging to a UK based Saudi financier have all just touched down at Stansted.

Also Castle07 stopped off near KK’s home earlier in the day