Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Bringing Rafa now will give him enough time to judge the likes of Joelinton to know if he needs him for next season or not. Also the other new players. We can’t be sentimental to Bruce like the sources to this story (daily mail) or the journalist who wrote. He needs to leave as soon as possible.

Is Hope not one of the only ones who been critical of Bruce recently? Is he not the one who had a clash about ASM?

Hope isnt going to tow the party line for Bruce. If hes been told Bruce is being kept on for a bit, I'm sure it's the truth.

I mean I imagine he will for a bit. It’s very rare with any takeover that the manager is just sacked straight away. Ashley kept Allardyce for a bit, City had Mark Hughes, Chelsea with Ranieri, it’ll be one of those where we all know he’s going to be sacked but it’ll be dragged out initially and he’ll get another season out of it before being let go

He might get a few games but hes not getting a transfer window under new owners. That would be a quick way to burn money.

Why even few games. There are no games until June. Bring Rafa and let him sort out the mess this guy created.

Bringing Rafa now will give him enough time to judge the likes of Joelinton to know if he needs him for next season or not. Also the other new players. We can’t be sentimental to Bruce like the sources to this story (daily mail) or the journalist who wrote. He needs to leave as soon as possible.

Is Hope not one of the only ones who been critical of Bruce recently? Is he not the one who had a clash about ASM?

Hope isnt going to tow the party line for Bruce. If hes been told Bruce is being kept on for a bit, I'm sure it's the truth.

I dont trust Hope at all. The French guy has more contact and even last week he called this takeover. He said Rafa comes I trust him more than the local Journo's.

I mean I imagine he will for a bit. It’s very rare with any takeover that the manager is just sacked straight away. Ashley kept Allardyce for a bit, City had Mark Hughes, Chelsea with Ranieri, it’ll be one of those where we all know he’s going to be sacked but it’ll be dragged out initially and he’ll get another season out of it before being let go

He might get a few games but hes not getting a transfer window under new owners. That would be a quick way to burn money.

Why even few games. There are no games until June. Bring Rafa and let him sort out the mess this guy created.

Because sacking everyone you dont like on the first day is a terrible business plan. If they are going to do it properly they are going to use the knowledge of the people on the ground, so they can get acquainted with the day to day stuff before wielding the axe. Common sense.

I dont trust Hope at all. The French guy has more contact and even last week he called this takeover. He said Rafa comes I trust him more than the local Journo's.

Is that not because it's what you want to believe?

I think Rafa will return too, just not on day 1.

Guest chopey

It will be interesting to see what comes of this premier league meeting tomorrow, some clubs are wanting all cups ending immediately and the leagues finishing by 30th June, so just give Bruce till then.

It makes sense to keep him until the end of the season and jettison him in the summer, I imagine that's what they'll do.

it doesn't when the chinese season hasn't started and we could get in and nick Rafa before it does which would increase the chances of him leaving, if he starts the season there i think it'll be more difficult

Not apples to apples to compare Hughes to Bruce.

Hughes first full season as Blackburn manager he finished 6th. His second full season he finished 10th. His third he finished 7th. So he had some recent runway of being a pretty decent manager in the PL.

He left for Man City under former ownership and then the takeover happened in September...he finished 10th his first season with Robinho as the major singing. That summer he spent a ton of money and was sacked after beating Sunderland 4-3 in mid December. They were 6th place at the time.

In our case our manager has been shit for ages and doesn't deserve any time. :lol:

Hughes spent a fucking fortune in that time as well

Bought some absolute dogshit too.

Hughes' City signings:

Vincent Kompany - £7m

Pablo Zabaleta - £6m

Wayne Bridge - £12m (left on a free after contract expiry)

Nigel de Jong - £18m (sold to AC Milan for £5m)

Shay Given - £6m (sold to Aston Villa for £3.5m)

Craig Bellamy - £14m (left on a free)

Robinho - £32.5m (sold to AC Milan for £15m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £9m (sold to QPR)

Gareth Barry - £12m

Joleon Lescott - £22m

Kolo Toure - £16m (went on a free to Liverpool)

Carlos Tevez - £47m (sold to Juve for £10m)

Jo £19m - (signed for Internacional)

Tal Ben Haim £6m

Roque Santa Cruz £18m - (left at the end of his contract)

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m - (sold to Spurs for £5m)

Hughes was a bit of a different situation though. He had been appointed manager the same summer they took over on transfer deadline day and Robinho was their only summer signing

Hughes was relatively highly rated at the time too. He was appointed under Shinawatra who was himself pumping a relatively large amount into the club.

Guest neesy111

Hughes spent a fucking fortune in that time as well

Bought some absolute dogshit too.

Hughes' City signings:

Vincent Kompany - £7m

Pablo Zabaleta - £6m

Wayne Bridge - £12m (left on a free after contract expiry)

Nigel de Jong - £18m (sold to AC Milan for £5m)

Shay Given - £6m (sold to Aston Villa for £3.5m)

Craig Bellamy - £14m (left on a free)

Robinho - £32.5m (sold to AC Milan for £15m)

Shaun Wright-Phillips - £9m (sold to QPR)

Gareth Barry - £12m

Joleon Lescott - £22m

Kolo Toure - £16m (went on a free to Liverpool)

Carlos Tevez - £47m (sold to Juve for £10m)

Jo £19m - (signed for Internacional)

Tal Ben Haim £6m

Roque Santa Cruz £18m - (left at the end of his contract)

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m - (sold to Spurs for £5m)

He did that in 17 months.

Guest neesy111

Hughes was a bit of a different situation though. He had been appointed manager the same summer they took over on transfer deadline day and Robinho was their only summer signing

Robinho was relatively highly rated at the time too. He was appointed under Shinawatra who was himself pumping a relatively large amount into the club.

Shinawatra knew he was selling the club though.