Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Can you imagine if this all goes through, the current players/ manager lose motivation as they suspect they’ll be on the way out and we get relegated. Scenes.

And, what of St James Park, if this really takes off there’s got to be a real question mark about the ground. The Town Moor is a complete no no, would it be possible to move further up Barrack Rd and into Leazes Park and demolish and create new open space on the current site for the council to redevelop and make money? Would make sense for the Rueben’s to be already thinking of options and I’d imagine that the Saudi’s will also be looking at development areas.

As a long term project this should be huge for the whole city and the council will have a massive part to play. Would break my heart if this all went through and we ended up playing home games in some retail park outside of the city centre.

Sounds like a load balancing issue to me and a server is down. If we're on load balanced servers. Not experienced anything here.

No chance this place is on a load balancer.

Having issues here as well all day on my work laptop. Thought the site was down, but i can access the forum on my phone (same WiFi connection as laptop). For a moment i thought someone at work had blocked the site :lol:

And, what of St James Park, if this really takes off there’s got to be a real question mark about the ground. The Town Moor is a complete no no, would it be possible to move further up Barrack Rd and into Leazes Park and demolish and create new open space on the current site for the council to redevelop and make money? Would make sense for the Rueben’s to be already thinking of options and I’d imagine that the Saudi’s will also be looking at development areas.

As a long term project this should be huge for the whole city and the council will have a massive part to play. Would break my heart if this all went through and we ended up playing home games in some retail park outside of the city centre.

There'll be a pretty sizeable plot of land next to the Redheugh Bridge when the arena is moved to Gateshead. Would much rather just extend over Strawberry Place though.

According to the Telegraph, the paperwork was sent in by both groups(buyers and sellers) at the end of March......pure guesswork but my take is they were given the nod from the Premier League just before Easter(possibly Thursday)....nothing was done over Easter but BANG...come Tuesday all hell let loose with the financial side of the takeover...Again guesswork....no announcement because of the present restrictions over COVID and the announcement will be delayed until an appropriate time is made available....all hypothetical of course.

Iain Dowie on SSN saying that ‘Saudi links need to be explored’.  :lol:

Alright pal...

Fwiw, given that the UK sanction of arms sales to Saudi Arabia I can’t see any links being an issue.

The full article from The Athletic is incredible. https://theathletic.com/1745144/2020/04/15/mike-ashley-newcastle-united-takeover/

It's the Mike Ashley deep dive we've deserved for years

The full article from The Athletic is incredible. https://theathletic.com/1745144/2020/04/15/mike-ashley-newcastle-united-takeover/

It's the Mike Ashley deep dive we've deserved for years

Boom. :lol:

Seeing his face just there, i'd forgotten about that PR cunt, Bishop. Be very happy to be shot of that raging arse kissing sycophant.

Can you imagine if this all goes through, the current players/ manager lose motivation as they suspect they’ll be on the way out and we get relegated. Scenes.

In 10 years that's exactly what I'd expect. They have some project 2030 to fulfill

Guest neesy111

Anyone figured out what the problem is with the site as still can’t access via pc?

Seems to be a network connectivity to the data centre it's hosted in, not much can be done.

Guest godzilla

Anyone figured out what the problem is with the site as still can’t access via pc?

Seems to be a network connectivity to the data centre it's hosted in, not much can be done.

Ta - presume they will fix it though?